Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cruise people change so often, it would have to be a recent bride. I think they are on 90 day rotations or so..at least, that is what the nail girl I used told me

For those past brides who have gotten married on the Magic - is there anyone in the salon that you recommend for hair? I have very long hair, and I plan on leaving it down, but I want that "beachy wavy" look. Thanks!

I got married on Castaway Cay (Dream ship) in November and had Cornel as my hair stylist; he was fabulous! As the pp stated, the cast members are contracted for only a few months at a time (some may extend their contracts), so there's no guarantee of who will be there when your wedding takes place. Also, I'm pretty sure I was pre-assigned someone, because they told me who would be doing my hair a couple days before the wedding when I went to check out the salon.

I also have pretty long hair and knew I wanted to incorporate braids somehow, and this was what Cornel came up with:

24.jpg

I am sorry to hear this! What did you decide to do? I would do it, but I am on the May 14 sailing. As long as someone in your group has a good DSLR camera, you should be able to get decent shots. And then maybe your photographer friend can still edit them for you :)

It's much better right now! :goodvibes We took a look at the Academy schedule and its looking like there is no way for a class to start anytime soon. The earliest he can be shipped off is apparently August now. Let's hope it stays that way *crosses fingers, knocks on wood*

Afterwards, I did go on FB and asked everybody if they knew anybody who would take a discounted cruise in exchange for pictures and I got a lot of responses, so I've got a few back ups just in case. The hard part of selling my wedding is that we really wouldn't be able to pay for their entire cruise fare. Otherwise, we could easily find a decent photographer to come aboard for us. To be honest, our friend isn't really much of a photographer but has a nice camera with some equipment, but most importantly, is cheap.

When a bride and groom are both full-time college students working 16 hrs a week on Disney pay and paying for the great majority of the wedding and honeymoon on their own, we're bound to get creative :rotfl:

I got married on Castaway Cay (Dream ship) in November and had Cornel as my hair stylist; he was fabulous! As the pp stated, the cast members are contracted for only a few months at a time (some may extend their contracts), so there's no guarantee of who will be there when your wedding takes place. Also, I'm pretty sure I was pre-assigned someone, because they told me who would be doing my hair a couple days before the wedding when I went to check out the salon.

I also have pretty long hair and knew I wanted to incorporate braids somehow, and this was what Cornel came up with:

24.jpg

Just wanted to say that you look nothing short of STUNNING! You must have been so excited :)

24.jpg

I Love your hair. Wish I had long enough hair to do that too!

YAY!!!!:banana::banana::banana: We leave tomorrow on the Dream for our wedding!! I can't believe that after 14 months it's FINALLY here!!! :bride::banana::banana::banana:

Hello Ladies,

I have a question though I know I have time to spare I'm beginning to try to get as much information as possible. If you used disney cruise wedding photography were you happy with the quality of the photos? If you get the cd photo package with disney cruise weddings are you getting hi res images or archival I've seen no additional prices or packages beyond one cd offered. Also if anyone used an outside photographer who was local to the surrounding Port Canaveral area. How did you negotiate costs? Did you pay outside the cost of the cruise? What extra or additional fees did you incur? Please pm me with any info and recommendations of photographers to consider.

I also had my heart set on the outlook but I see so many pictures that are washed out by sunlight. Does anyone have wedding photos on meridian deck they would be willing to share?

Thank you

I'm wondering if anyone had an evening ceremony on a 3day cruise if you could help me out with your timeline. I'm trying to coordinate dinner at Palos after our ceremony but I guess on a 3 day cruise if you have the onboard ceramony they will only seat a party at 9pm. I feel like it would be rushed for my guests to see the fireworks at 10:30pm. Has anyone done this? Any advice? I really was hoping for a sunset ceremony.

I'm wondering if anyone had an evening ceremony on a 3day cruise if you could help me out with your timeline. I'm trying to coordinate dinner at Palos after our ceremony but I guess on a 3 day cruise if you have the onboard ceramony they will only seat a party at 9pm. I feel like it would be rushed for my guests to see the fireworks at 10:30pm. Has anyone done this? Any advice? I really was hoping for a sunset ceremony.

i am getting married on the dream april 20 and the wedding is schedule for 5:30 i will have more infor on how smoothly it works in a couple of weeks but right now that is what my paper from DCL is saying Hope that helps

i am getting married on the dream april 20 and the wedding is schedule for 5:30 i will have more infor on how smoothly it works in a couple of weeks but right now that is what my paper from DCL is saying Hope that helps

That does help tremendously. I was beginning to think I was the only one who wants a later ceremony. I can't wait to hear how everything goes I'm sure it will be fabulous. Congratulations!!

we had a 5:30 ceremony and were seated in the private room in Palo at 6:00pm. I was sure we wouldn't be there until 6:30 but we were done with the ceremony and pictures on deck by 6. Our guests were seated and they brought us in to lots of clapping and cheers from the diners..it was fun!

24.jpg

WOW...GORGEOUS!!!! I hope to get a good hair stylist too! And I love the dress and flowers...

Hello Ladies,

I have a question though I know I have time to spare I'm beginning to try to get as much information as possible. If you used disney cruise wedding photography were you happy with the quality of the photos? If you get the cd photo package with disney cruise weddings are you getting hi res images or archival I've seen no additional prices or packages beyond one cd offered. Also if anyone used an outside photographer who was local to the surrounding Port Canaveral area. How did you negotiate costs? Did you pay outside the cost of the cruise? What extra or additional fees did you incur? Please pm me with any info and recommendations of photographers to consider.

I also had my heart set on the outlook but I see so many pictures that are washed out by sunlight. Does anyone have wedding photos on meridian deck they would be willing to share?

Thank you

I used an on board photographer. The cd is high res. We had a castaway cay wedding, but have reception pictures in Outlook. Check out my pj for example pictures.

we had a 5:30 ceremony and were seated in the private room in Palo at 6:00pm. I was sure we wouldn't be there until 6:30 but we were done with the ceremony and pictures on deck by 6. Our guests were seated and they brought us in to lots of clapping and cheers from the diners..it was fun!

Thats what I wanted to do but Shanda said it wouldn't be possible to do. I asked if even if I did my photos first and she said no that they seat at 6. Then when I requested to reserve it she said that they don't do a 6pm seating only a 9pm seating. The contradiction alone has been bugging me. I really don't want to go into regular dining rotation after our ceremony. Its not the ambiance I want. I also don't want guests to miss fireworks by going to dinner at 9pm. I had my heart set on a sunset ceremony. I know the table is available for that day because I spoke to groups and they told me its open but Shanda has to reserve it for me. Not sure what to do.

On a side not I was rereading this thread and have to say I love your wedding photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter