**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Hooray! Happy to see they added dates. I was able to grab what we were looking for. :D

I am really torn. I reworked my spring itinerary AGAIN to fit regular DAH in rather than VAH. Good thing I didn't cancel anything when I aded VAH in. My family enjoys the late night events so we will definitely do one of them. They did DAH before and I did VAH without them. IDK which we should do together!? We will be at an Epcot resort for DAH and a MK resort for VAH. VAH will also be our last night on property so I would have to pack earlier in the day. Too much to decide!! I need to settle it before FP+ day. The only thing I would rework the itinerary for again is DAH at DHS. IDK which day of the week Disney would add it, if any. Having 3 nights with DAH doesn't leave many options that work for me! 🤣

Do you think crowds for DAH are still going to stay low? That Disney isn’t selling more tix?

We did DAH when they first started and it was awesome. So awesome.

I was about to bite the bullet and buy tix for VAH for our April trip and just suck it up and deal with more people. But if DAH is definitely fewer people, I’d rather do that.

Sorry if I missed it in the past posts. I did try and read through the more recent pages.

TIA!

This is anyone’s guess. I think we all hope they keep crowds low but are afraid they will keep pushing ticket sales higher.

Unfortunately it looks like I can't change my trip to make DAH. The cost to change everything isnt worth it.

This is anyone’s guess. I think we all hope they keep crowds low but are afraid they will keep pushing ticket sales higher.

I figured as much but thought I’d ask and maybe get a magical answer!

We may end up VAH anyway since I realized we have EMM planned the morning after DAH. If I want to include a planned meltdown in the already crazy schedule, I’d do DAH and EMM right after. Lol.

Anyone think there might be a chance of them adding regular DAH dates last week of January? Or is it just tough beans for those of us whose dates fall between regular DAH and VAH? I feel like calling the special events office and demanding to know WHY THEY WONT TAKE MY MONEY???!
Did not call, I swear!
Now there are THREE MK AH that fall during our trip....now I have too many choices. Which one? All three?
In any case, the good folks at Visa are going to LOVE me!!

Can DVC members buy DAH tickets for others but not attend themselves? My parents are DVC members and I know they would have no interest in attending...however if it's allowed, I'd love to give them the money to purchase tickets for us.

Not trying to circumvent rules, just trying to figure out the rules! :)

Hi everyone! Has anyone figured this out? My Dad (DVC Member) is taking me but he doesn't want to attend the event, just want to make sure I buy the right ticket for the 1/20 event. TIA!

I figured as much but thought I’d ask and maybe get a magical answer!

We may end up VAH anyway since I realized we have EMM planned the morning after DAH. If I want to include a planned meltdown in the already crazy schedule, I’d do DAH and EMM right after. Lol.

I've done DAH followed by an EMM right after. I was really shocked that we didn't have a meltdown LOL

It’s great they added all these new dates, but now I have to decide between a DAH on Presidents’ Day or a VAH Friday of that same week. Has there ever been a DAH on a holiday date before? Do people think that will make it more crowded than a regular date? Maybe more crowded than a regular Monday but still less crowded than a VAH?
Hard to decide on this. Low crowds are our goal, dont really care about the villains.

I am going to Disney in May and have already purchased park tickets. We are trying to decide when to go to Magic Kingdom but we already know we will not be doing a special event like Disney villain after hours since we already bought other park tickets. My question is, does Magic Kingdom get really busy in the evenings on the days of the after hour events? Should I avoid going to Magic Kingdom on a day when there is an after hours event? Or since people can’t come into the park for the event until 7pm does it not really make that noticeable of a difference. We were thinking of going to Magic Kingdom on a Thursday but it is also the day of a Disney villains after hours party. Any advice would be appreciated, I thought this might be a good place to ask. Thank you.

I am going to Disney in May and have already purchased park tickets. We are trying to decide when to go to Magic Kingdom but we already know we will not be doing a special event like Disney villain after hours since we already bought other park tickets. My question is, does Magic Kingdom get really busy in the evenings on the days of the after hour events? Should I avoid going to Magic Kingdom on a day when there is an after hours event? Or since people can’t come into the park for the event until 7pm does it not really make that noticeable of a difference. We were thinking of going to Magic Kingdom on a Thursday but it is also the day of a Disney villains after hours party. Any advice would be appreciated, I thought this might be a good place to ask. Thank you.
The number of people attending a DAH is relatively small. I doubt you’ll notice a difference, especially for a regular DAH event. Keep in mind a great many people who attend DAH events have park tickets or AP’s and aren’t limited to entering until 7 so it won’t be a mad rush of people at once.

Last edited:
Just booked for the 27th April 2020. Can't wait so happy it was added as we did it in January this year and both loved it. We arrive on the Sunday for our honeymoon so this is a great start to the trip. Will be able to use some of those bottles of coke etc through out the trip too. :)

So pumped they added normal MK AH dates in late Feb. We were only going to be doing the AK AH on 2/27 and MK Villains AH on 2/28. We decided to move our trip around and fly down on Saturday 2/22 instead of Tuesday 2/25 to first visit with my wife's grandparents in Deerfield Beach and then Monday morning drive up to Disney for the Monday 2/24 MK AH! We just love the atmosphere and vibe so much better at a regular AH compared to the Villains - nothing wrong with the Villains one, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity (and really cheap flights on that Saturday). We didn't change anything on our 2/25-3/1 itinerary at Coronado Springs as we were able to just get 1 night at All Star Sports for Monday 2/24 for $110.

All in all, we are so excited and can't wait! Three After Hours and 2 Park Hopper days = an amazing trip.

It’s great they added all these new dates, but now I have to decide between a DAH on Presidents’ Day or a VAH Friday of that same week. Has there ever been a DAH on a holiday date before? Do people think that will make it more crowded than a regular date? Maybe more crowded than a regular Monday but still less crowded than a VAH?
Hard to decide on this. Low crowds are our goal, dont really care about the villains.
I believe this year there is two during MLK weekend including Friday the 17th and Monday the 20th. I would check back here for stats after that weekend to see how it went. Regardless, I've heard for MLK day at least that it's one of the busiest times during that first quarter of the year. Not sure though how it compares against Presidents day.

About the VAH compared to regular AH, unfortunately my wife and I both thought the VAH back in June 2019 was definitely more crowded. I would think due to the extra stage show performances, which all three include actors of course and also more fireworks they would be more open to selling more tickets to help cover those extra costs compared to a normal AH where none of that is happening. Don't get me wrong, it still was totally fine and the wait times for mostly everything were < 10 minutes; it was just different vibe wise and crowd wise.

If it's worth anything, my wife and I are going to both, the regular AH on 2/24 and the VAH on 2/28.

I need advice. I'm considering MK DAH on either 31 Jan 2020 or 3 Feb 2020. Both days have MK hours listed as 9AM - 8PM, but the 31 Jan 2020 DAH is 8PM - 11PM and the 3 Feb 2020 DAH is 9PM - 12AM, which confuses me.
What happens when there is an hour gap between park close and DAH? Which do you think is better? Of course, Disney could extend hours on the 3rd making the difference moot, but... argh!

Confounding variable is on the 31st we are at the Poly and 3 Feb 2020 we are at AKL.

I need advice. I'm considering MK DAH on either 31 Jan 2020 or 3 Feb 2020. Both days have MK hours listed as 9AM - 8PM, but the 31 Jan 2020 DAH is 8PM - 11PM and the 3 Feb 2020 DAH is 9PM - 12AM, which confuses me.
What happens when there is an hour gap between park close and DAH? Which do you think is better? Of course, Disney could extend hours on the 3rd making the difference moot, but... argh!

Confounding variable is on the 31st we are at the Poly and 3 Feb 2020 we are at AKL.

While I guess anything is possible (and they do have a “gap” sometimes at DAK DAH), MK DAH has never had one so my opinion is they regular park hours are likely to get extended later on. So I suspect it will be a moot point as you noted. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter