**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We did May 9th! We’ve never done AK AH and we are so excited!! We actually could add the 16th to the trip, but wasn’t sure how it is. We may just need to add that one too....
We arent coming in until the 10th, but you are going to love it. Dont want to get off the MK thread to badly but when you do yours head over to Everest first, if you like roller coasters. Let the crowd disperse at FOP. We rode Everest 7 times(the CM’s let us start riding 1/2 hr before the event officially began, then by the time we walked over to Pandora, stopping to get treats, FOP and Navi were walk ons the rest of the night. And Pandora at night with no people is amazing! Lots of beautiful photo shots. Have fun!

Added a day on the front end and booked this! I never thought they'd ever do both after hours events in the same time frame!
I had added a day to end of our trip to book VAH. Then they shockingly added this! I prefer to do the regular one so I changed the tickets.

I’m so excited they added dates for the last week of January! I have a relaxation day scheduled for Monday the 27th, so adding an after hours event for a night owl like me is perfect!

Thank you!! I was able to change the VAH tickets I bought the other day to regular DAH. I should have been a little more patient but I'm happy :rainbow:
How did you switch the tickets? Were you able to call and take care of it? Now I'm debating what to do...

OK, so now I am back to having to make a decision. Wasn't planning to hit the parks on Feb 17, since it is the day we arrive, and being President's Day. Still, it would save one day on DH's non-expiring tickets if we used it as our MK day. Decisions, decisions!

Anyone think there might be a chance of them adding regular DAH dates last week of January? Or is it just tough beans for those of us whose dates fall between regular DAH and VAH? I feel like calling the special events office and demanding to know WHY THEY WONT TAKE MY MONEY???!
edited bc I posted without reading lol

when im there in april next year MK hours are to 9pm and after hours is 10pm-1am . does that mean you could expect normal hours to be extended till 10pm or do they normally have a hour gap ?

when im there in april next year MK hours are to 9pm and after hours is 10pm-1am . does that mean you could expect normal hours to be extended till 10pm or do they normally have a hour gap ?

I've read that they often times leave that gap hour between regular closing and the beginning of DAH to allow time for those regular day guests to exit the park. I hope that's true because we're paying a premium for just three hours of park time... and if the first hour of those three we're still dealing with all the regular day guests that waited to get in attraction lines just before official closing time, it could be a little while before the crowds really go down.

I've read that they often times leave that gap hour between regular closing and the beginning of DAH to allow time for those regular day guests to exit the park. I hope that's true because we're paying a premium for just three hours of park time... and if the first hour of those three we're still dealing with all the regular day guests that waited to get in attraction lines just before official closing time, it could be a little while before the crowds really go down.
That used to be true for Christmas and Halloween parties, but that was a decade ago or more. To my knowledge has never been true for DAH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter