**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Has anyone gone to an event that is Vegan? Wondering if any of the ice cream treats are Vegan. I want to take our family but with two Vegans in the group, I would hate for them to feel left out as everyone else is having fun enjoying the included treats.
I know the popcorn is vegan, but I was curious about the frozen treats.
Thanks

Some, if not all, of the carts will have fruit bars. I assume these are vegan.

If you have a regular ticket or annual pass and an after-hours ticket, which does MDE default to when booking fast passes for that day? I’m assuming the regular ticket/annual pass, but wondered if anyone has experience they could share.

If you have a regular ticket or annual pass and an after-hours ticket, which does MDE default to when booking fast passes for that day? I’m assuming the regular ticket/annual pass, but wondered if anyone has experience they could share.

It doesn’t really “default” to anything - it just reads any ticket as a ticket. Having any eligible ticket media - be it DAH tickets, APs, etc - is what allows the FPs to be booked/exist.

If the tickets and APs are al under in one MDE account, it doesn’t really “default” to anything - it just reads any ticket as a ticket. Having any eligible ticket media - be it DAH tickets, APs, etc - is what allows the FPs to be booked/exist.
Thanks! I just wasn’t sure if it would give you problems booking fast passes at a park other than the one for the AH ticket. I thought I read that you can book FastPasses between 7 and close using an after-hours ticket, but we will likely go to a park earlier in the day and use them then.

Do am I understanding correctly that because we are going to EP in the daytime and have FP booked we can’t schedule any FP at MKAH for that night from 7-10? If I call in will they be able to do it for me? If not I guess we’ll do it that day after FP have run out at EP for the things we’re interested in? We’ll be getting to MK about 7:30/8 and wouldn’t mind having a few FP available while we wait for the park to clear out.

Do am I understanding correctly that because we are going to EP in the daytime and have FP booked we can’t schedule any FP at MKAH for that night from 7-10? If I call in will they be able to do it for me? If not I guess we’ll do it that day after FP have run out at EP for the things we’re interested in? We’ll be getting to MK about 7:30/8 and wouldn’t mind having a few FP available while we wait for the park to clear out.

If all tickets exist in one MDE account, you can only pre-book three FPs per day. If you’re pre-booking FPs in Epcot, you’ll have to use those then book same day FPs one at a time after that.

If all tickets exist in one MDE account, you can only pre-book three FPs per day. If you’re pre-booking FPs in Epcot, you’ll have to use those then book same day FPs one at a time after that.

Thanks. Is there a way to move them to my SIL’s MDE account and book that way?

Thanks. Is there a way to move them to my SIL’s MDE account and book that way?
There really is no way around it if you are indeed still planning on using the ticket for yourself. In order to us the AH ticket it has to be connected to you in some way, either directly in your account because you bought it, or as being linked in the friends and family area in your SIL account and thus being attached to the ticket that way. Even if it's in your SIL account you can't book more FP unless you're trying to skirt the system and pretend you're someone else, which I don't advise.

There really is no way around it if you are indeed still planning on using the ticket for yourself. In order to us the AH ticket it has to be connected to you in some way, either directly in your account because you bought it, or as being linked in the friends and family area in your SIL account and thus being attached to the ticket that way. Even if it's in your SIL account you can't book more FP unless you're trying to skirt the system and pretend you're someone else, which I don't advise.

No just looking to book legitimately if we could. We’ll wait until we’re done with our EP Fp’s and see what’s available. Thanks for the info.

No just looking to book legitimately if we could. We’ll wait until we’re done with our EP Fp’s and see what’s available. Thanks for the info.

This is what we're doing (even going to Epcot that day). I hope to be done with Epcot FPs around 2 and then will see what's available for MK.

I don't think you should have any problem riding everything you want at MK even without getting FP, depending on when you go you should have zero problem (of course if it's around spring break or a holiday it's a lot harder, but you should get a lot done during the event). I have all of my FP booked for HS the day of my party, I might not even try to book any more FP for MK....of course I can't get in until 7 and the party starts at 8 that day so there is no use really.

Has anyone done an After Hours event at Magic Kingdom following a really busy day?
We're thinking about going to AH at MK on Presidents Day (17/2) but I'm concerned the queues will still be really long when the event starts at 9pm? Any thoughts would be really appreciated - thanks

So we’ll be down during one of the VAH events. We’ll already be spending two full days at the Magic Kingdom, but this event is intriguing. For people that have experienced VAH, is the atmosphere enough of a draw to make it worth the hefty admission price? Or is the main draw still just getting to ride everything without crazy crowds?

So we’ll be down during one of the VAH events. We’ll already be spending two full days at the Magic Kingdom, but this event is intriguing. For people that have experienced VAH, is the atmosphere enough of a draw to make it worth the hefty admission price? Or is the main draw still just getting to ride everything without crazy crowds?
I don't know how to link, but there's a thread specifically for VAH. In short, IMO the atmosphere was ok but we wanted after hours for riding, so the longer lines were not offset by the villains additions and I much preferred regular DAH. If only VAH was offered during my trip I would still do it, though, just with appropriate expectations of shortish lines not walk ons, somewhat bigger crowds, and some villains additions. I personally didn't find the villains stuff to be anything huge, just the stage show and dance party atmosphere in front of the castle and seeing the Malificent float, plus the merch. All cool, but for me not enough to justify the price addition and longer lines. But I'm not a huge villain person.

I don't know how to link, but there's a thread specifically for VAH. In short, IMO the atmosphere was ok but we wanted after hours for riding, so the longer lines were not offset by the villains additions and I much preferred regular DAH. If only VAH was offered during my trip I would still do it, though, just with appropriate expectations of shortish lines not walk ons, somewhat bigger crowds, and some villains additions. I personally didn't find the villains stuff to be anything huge, just the stage show and dance party atmosphere in front of the castle and seeing the Malificent float, plus the merch. All cool, but for me not enough to justify the price addition and longer lines. But I'm not a huge villain person.

Thanks for the response! It’s disappointing that it’s more crowded than a regular AH event. I’ll head over to the dedicated VAH thread for more info!

Has anyone done an After Hours event at Magic Kingdom following a really busy day?
We're thinking about going to AH at MK on Presidents Day (17/2) but I'm concerned the queues will still be really long when the event starts at 9pm? Any thoughts would be really appreciated - thanks
Our day in 2018 wasn't super busy but what they did was to have DAH ticketed people enter the FP line and closed off entry to the non-FP lines. We got on SDMT pretty fast. The CMs did a good job turning last minute hopefuls away starting about 5 minutes after, yet letting those in line still ride.

I don't think you should have any problem riding everything you want at MK even without getting FP, depending on when you go you should have zero problem (of course if it's around spring break or a holiday it's a lot harder, but you should get a lot done during the event). I have all of my FP booked for HS the day of my party, I might not even try to book any more FP for MK....of course I can't get in until 7 and the party starts at 8 that day so there is no use really.

I was thinking we’d try to book some FP for when we first arrive so we’re not spending the first couple of hours waiting in line. We’re going on 12/9 - park closes at 9pm, fireworks are at 9, DAH event is from 10pm-1am. We will probably arrive at MK about 7. Would be nice to have 1-2 FP for those first 2 hours. Also, this will be our only night at MK and we have a tradition of riding BTMRR during the fireworks. Would love to get a BTMRR FP for just before closing. If not we’ll watch the fireworks and wait for everyone to clear out.

I was thinking we’d try to book some FP for when we first arrive so we’re not spending the first couple of hours waiting in line. We’re going on 12/9 - park closes at 9pm, fireworks are at 9, DAH event is from 10pm-1am. We will probably arrive at MK about 7. Would be nice to have 1-2 FP for those first 2 hours. Also, this will be our only night at MK and we have a tradition of riding BTMRR during the fireworks. Would love to get a BTMRR FP for just before closing. If not we’ll watch the fireworks and wait for everyone to clear out.
I wouldn't be surprised if closing time changed to 10pm. I don't believe there has ever been a one hour (or less) gap between closing time and the start of MK DAH. Riding BTMRR during the fireworks is amazing. I would stick to tradition on this one!

I wouldn't be surprised if closing time changed to 10pm. I don't believe there has ever been a one hour (or less) gap between closing time and the start of MK DAH. Riding BTMRR during the fireworks is amazing. I would stick to tradition on this one!

Yes it’s our favorite thing to do at MK but it’s hard to time it these days! Was so much easier with the old paper FP!

So arriving into orlando airport this monday at 8pm. Do you think it would be worth it to get the magic kingdom after hours? I'm guessing by the time we get out of the airport and to the hotel, probaly be around 9pm, then a 10 min uber ride to magic kingdom? The event is from 10pm-1am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!