**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I bought my ticket for December 9th. Also going to the Christmas party on December 10th. Glad to be able to skip MK during the day and just go during these two events.

We're headed to WDW in May for only 4 days. Planning on snagging some DAH tickets but holding out hope they restart DAH at HS.

If I wait, what's the risk of them selling out other DAH events? Everything I'm googling says things may sell out the week of but that seems awfully late to me!

I got my ticket for 2/3, this will be my second AH event at the MK! I'm so excited as it was easily the best part of my last trip. Expectations are high and hopefully it will be another "once in a lifetime opportunity". Also my record from the 1st event is 14 attractions, so the goal is to beat that :)

Well, there will be a stroller March 16th, when we are there with the grandboys sleeping away after they ride a few rides. (My pic is VAH in July.) 😁

No need for any stroller hate on this thread. Many of us with them will be well represented at DAH events at every park. 8-)

“Walt Disney World is tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney … and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney’s dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place … a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn – together.”
– Roy O. Disney, October 25, 1971 –

Hi everyone! Has anyone figured this out? My Dad (DVC Member) is taking me but he doesn't want to attend the event, just want to make sure I buy the right ticket for the 1/20 event. TIA!
I bought tickets for DD and her friend when they were there in May using my DVC discount. I bought the tickets and assigned them to her and friend.

I'm in the middle of purchasing AH tickets. 3 of us have AP's, 7 don't. Are we allowed to purchase the discount tickets for the remaining 7 people in our party? I thought we could, but this little blurb is making me pause:
"Item(s) are priced for Passholders only. For room reservations, you must show a valid adult Passholder ID at Resort check-in." We're not interested in breaking the rules, but I thought we were allowed to purchase tickets for a certain number of people with our discount.

I'm in the middle of purchasing AH tickets. 3 of us have AP's, 7 don't. Are we allowed to purchase the discount tickets for the remaining 7 people in our party? I thought we could, but this little blurb is making me pause:
"Item(s) are priced for Passholders only. For room reservations, you must show a valid adult Passholder ID at Resort check-in." We're not interested in breaking the rules, but I thought we were allowed to purchase tickets for a certain number of people with our discount.
You absolutely can purchase for others I bought tix for my mom and sister. You might need to do it multiple transactions because it might cap at so many per an AP I think 4? But you should still be able to cover everyone between the multiple APs in your group.

Last year Earlier THIS year (oops) I was able to purchase 7 after hours tickets in one transaction while logged into my (AP) account. Dh and I both have AP's, but again, I just purchased for all 7 people in my party on my account and had no problems whatsoever.

I'd like to know recommendations for a good value on FP+ Selections for the 7-9 window prior to the AH event. Since we are allowed to book FP+ in that window I'd like to know what others plan to use them for? Do I need a FP to meet Mickey, Tinkerbell, Rapunzel from 7-9pm, would that be a waste of a FP+? Are the lines already short at that point in the evening? I've got a 5yr old who will be well rested and ready to burn the night at the AH. Do most of you position yourself to view the fireworks at 9pm or can we ride rides during the fireworks with AH passes?

I'd like to know recommendations for a good value on FP+ Selections for the 7-9 window prior to the AH event. Since we are allowed to book FP+ in that window I'd like to know what others plan to use them for? Do I need a FP to meet Mickey, Tinkerbell, Rapunzel from 7-9pm, would that be a waste of a FP+? Are the lines already short at that point in the evening? I've got a 5yr old who will be well rested and ready to burn the night at the AH. Do most of you position yourself to view the fireworks at 9pm or can we ride rides during the fireworks with AH passes?

So we usually make a FP for 6:30-7:30, then another 7:30-8:30 and if we're lucky, can get one at 8:30-9 but that is pretty rare, and by 8:30 we're usually waiting for HEA fireworks. The lines during the 7-9pm window really depending on the date you're going, but in the past we've been on a late Feb date, the lines haven't been super long. Snow White was still over an hour though. You definitely can do rides and stuff during HEA with only AH park tickets!

You will absolutely love After Hours!

Has anyone gone to an event that is Vegan? Wondering if any of the ice cream treats are Vegan. I want to take our family but with two Vegans in the group, I would hate for them to feel left out as everyone else is having fun enjoying the included treats.
I know the popcorn is vegan, but I was curious about the frozen treats.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter