**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I know it's somewhere in the beginning of this thread but I'm gonna ask again. How long would you say before all the non party goers are out of the park?

I know it's somewhere in the beginning of this thread but I'm gonna ask again. How long would you say before all the non party goers are out of the park?
It depends how close park closing is to the start of DAH, but I would say most people are gone after an hour into the event. You'll find some that were still in que lines and some that just walk around trying to get on rides, but not very many people.

I just found out a good friend of mine will be at WDW this weekend too! We're hoping that she'll be able to come to DAH as well.

Will there be Disney transportation available back to pop century for the DAH events on 3/23?

It depends how close park closing is to the start of DAH, but I would say most people are gone after an hour into the event. You'll find some that were still in que lines and some that just walk around trying to get on rides, but not very many people.
On 4/13 the park closes at 8:30 and the party starts at 9, yet you have Fantasamic that starts at 8:30 and the Star Wars Fireworks that are scheduled for 9. So can day goers stay for those?

On 4/13 the park closes at 8:30 and the party starts at 9, yet you have Fantasamic that starts at 8:30 and the Star Wars Fireworks that are scheduled for 9. So can day goers stay for those?

Yup.

In some ways SWAGS tends to act as a park vacuum getting everyone to the Hollywood Blvd area, then they head out when the show is over.

Yep like @GADisneyDad14 said day goers can go to both of those, but it does help get them away from some of the rides and help get them out of the park right after. When the fireworks are earlier, they go to the rides after and clog those lines some

I just found out a good friend of mine will be at WDW this weekend too! We're hoping that she'll be able to come to DAH as well.

I don't want to be too much of an alarmist, but the 2/16 event sold out the day before and the 3/9 event sold out day of - so if your friend is serious about going I'd lean on getting a ticket sooner rather than later just in case!

Yup.

In some ways SWAGS tends to act as a park vacuum getting everyone to the Hollywood Blvd area, then they head out when the show is over.
We are going on March 30th when SWAGS is also at 9:00 and park closes at 8:30pm. I assume this clogs up the walkways more than prior DAH events?

We are going on March 30th when SWAGS is also at 9:00 and park closes at 8:30pm. I assume this clogs up the walkways more than prior DAH events?

All of the DAHs to date have been 8pm park closes, 8:30pm SWAGS, and 8:30-11:30pm DAH hours, so my assumption is that the same timing/crowd dynamics with these final dates that are 8:30pm park closings, 9pm SWAGS, and 9-12am DAH time will still generally apply - everything is just 30 mins later.

I don't want to be too much of an alarmist, but the 2/16 event sold out the day before and the 3/9 event sold out day of - so if your friend is serious about going I'd lean on getting a ticket sooner rather than later just in case!

MMhmm. My CM sister was going to buy us tickets and waited until the day of, and we didn't get to go because it was sold out. :(

MMhmm. My CM sister was going to buy us tickets and waited until the day of, and we didn't get to go because it was sold out. :(
My friend isn't 100% sold on being out that late so I don't think it'd be the end of the world for her if it sold out before she bought a ticket. I think she's going to make a game time decision tomorrow.

Slinky dog down again for mechanical issues and has been down the whole party. No information as to when it will go up. Super frustrating!

Slinky dog down again for mechanical issues and has been down the whole party. No information as to when it will go up. Super frustrating!
Oh no, that's the worst!!! I'm so sorry--hopefully you're able to get some compensation or something.

We’re actually doing this exact thing on 3/23. My thought is that it’ll give the crowd a little time to clear out, plus we’ll also head towards anywhere but TSL first and let people lose their minds for the first hour or so there. May not even attempt TSL until 9:45-10:00.

We did end up doing Fantasmic March 9, and it worked out great! We stayed to the right while exiting and popped out right by ToT at 8:40. Walked on ToT twice, RnR 3x, got ice cream, met Olaf, got more ice cream, Slinky once with posted 25 min wait that was actually 20 min, Alien once. Back to Slinky with posted 20 min wait that was actually 15 min, then TSM with about a 10 min wait. I wish they had shortened the que though. This was my first time here since they changed the entrance and that was a loooong walk. We got popcorn and left about 20 minutes early. Easily could have done TSM and Aliens again if we’d chosen to.

I didn’t realize til reading posts just now that this was a sold out night. I would definitely do this again if it was offered.

Ya, I have been looking at MDE. What will Disney do now to make up for this?

Oh no, that's the worst!!! I'm so sorry--hopefully you're able to get some compensation or something.

It came back up at 10:15. We waited 17 minutes and 22 minutes. It was frustrating for it to not be up but I suppose it could have been worse. The cast members were just so unapologetic about the ride being down. To make matters worse, they made some announcement from SDD about the ride being back "up" and then it was still down. I just don't understand how it seems every after hours party seems to have the same issue with Slinky dog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter