• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Another successful After Hours! In retrospect, it probably wasn't the smartest idea to go see Fantasmic at 8 because we lost a good 10 minutes trying to weave through the masses after the show. But it didn't matter too much! We hit RnR 4x in a row, basically walking on each time or waiting maybe 10 minutes at most. Then we grabbed snacks and headed to Star Tours, walked on to that with no problem, and then headed for Toy Story Land. Buzz's line was short so we met him, then got in line for Midway Mania (it was down on our first HS day, when I had a FP for it, so it was one of the last rides we had to knock out). We waited about 15 minutes, when I looked later that was down to 5... So poor timing on our part! Then we rode Aliens Saucers twice, and got in line for Slinky- about 20 minutes, but the line moved the whole time. We rode it a second time with about a ~15 minute wait and then grabbed more snacks before heading for another ride on Star Tours.

All in all it was very fun, and a great way to end our trip! We completed the DAH trifecta on this trip and I loved all 3 events. I hope they're offered on future trips because I would do them all again in a heartbeat!

Another successful After Hours! In retrospect, it probably wasn't the smartest idea to go see Fantasmic at 8 because we lost a good 10 minutes trying to weave through the masses after the show. But it didn't matter too much! We hit RnR 4x in a row, basically walking on each time or waiting maybe 10 minutes at most. Then we grabbed snacks and headed to Star Tours, walked on to that with no problem, and then headed for Toy Story Land. Buzz's line was short so we met him, then got in line for Midway Mania (it was down on our first HS day, when I had a FP for it, so it was one of the last rides we had to knock out). We waited about 15 minutes, when I looked later that was down to 5... So poor timing on our part! Then we rode Aliens Saucers twice, and got in line for Slinky- about 20 minutes, but the line moved the whole time. We rode it a second time with about a ~15 minute wait and then grabbed more snacks before heading for another ride on Star Tours.

All in all it was very fun, and a great way to end our trip! We completed the DAH trifecta on this trip and I loved all 3 events. I hope they're offered on future trips because I would do them all again in a heartbeat!
Glad you had a good time!

Just got back from a great night! The park never felt empty. I think word is out about DAH so I think the low crowds earlier in the year and late last year are a distant memory. But even though tonight was sold out, with the exception of maybe TSL, it didn't feel overly crowded.

We arrived at the entrance right at 6:00 and CM said they'd start letting people in at 6:30. It ended up being at 6:36.
Side note: I asked the CM if she knew how many DAH tickets were sold. She said about 1,500, but they changed it to 2,500. Then she said she doesn't really know. I think she was just guessing. It certainly felt like there were more than 2,500 people in the park.

On to the evening:
We were lucky enough to snag a FP for SDD at 6:40 and by 7:02 we were done.
We watched the 7:30 Frozen show and theater was about 75% full.
To answer my own question from earlier in this thread, there was plenty of viewing room for the 8:10 Movie Magic and 8:30 SWGS.
Afterwards we went to Star Tours - Walk on (cabin was about 75% full, there were only 4 people on our row)
Made our way to Launch Bay: Kylo Ren - No Wait, BB8 - No Wait, Chewie had about 3 groups in front of us - We waited maybe 10 minutes. Chewy growls now. He didn't do that on our last trip.
Rode ToT - No Wait, Elevator was not full.
Rode RnRC 2x - Waited for one train each time. (DW had to sit ride #2 out. Didn't have enough time to recover from ToT lol)
Headed to TS Land.
Rode TSM - Waited about 15 minutes. Don't know why line was backed up, but kept moving. Most disappointing wait of the night.
Rode AS2 - No wait
Rode TSM again - Line had cleared out, waited maybe 5 minutes.
Had to Backtrack to meet Mickey and Minnie - No Wait
Made a beeline to ToT to close out the night - Made it in line at 11:24, No Wait (There were 4 people in our elevator)
Hung around and took some pictures, stopped by the popcorn cart between Brown Derby and the big arch. They were still handing out popcorn several minutes after the park closed.
We grabbed a ton of bottled drinks, ate 2 boxes of popcorn each and 2 ice cream sandwiches. If we would've eaten any more, we would've been sick, haha.

We could've toured a little more efficiently than we did, but overall we had a great time. Despite a couple of longish waits and the fact we only got to ride SDD once (none during DAH), there's still NO WAY we could've accomplished all that we did during the day at HS. The weather was great and all the CMs we encountered were friendly. I'd definitely recommend this experience.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the advice and help answering my questions!

Had a great time tonight at DAH!

We were able to eat dinner at Woodys Lunchbox, ride TSM (with FP) AS2 and ToT all before 8pm after being let in around 6:35-6:40. From then on, we rode ToT 2 more times and then hit TSL with 4 rides on both TSM and SDD. It definitely didn’t feel as empty as I thought it would be but we never waited more than 15 minutes for SDD and everything else was 5 min or less.

Was able to find snack carts easily the entire night also, which was great. I’d read earlier that there was no cart in TSL but it was placed right out in the center near the entrance to SDD. All in all, we had a blast and would definitely do it again.

Had a great time tonight at DAH!

We were able to eat dinner at Woodys Lunchbox, ride TSM (with FP) AS2 and ToT all before 8pm after being let in around 6:35-6:40. From then on, we rode ToT 2 more times and then hit TSL with 4 rides on both TSM and SDD. It definitely didn’t feel as empty as I thought it would be but we never waited more than 15 minutes for SDD and everything else was 5 min or less.

Was able to find snack carts easily the entire night also, which was great. I’d read earlier that there was no cart in TSL but it was placed right out in the center near the entrance to SDD. All in all, we had a blast and would definitely do it again.
There was a snack cart right by SDD?

What type of snacks do they give? How do we obtain? A pass?
They have popcorn, mickey ice cream bars and sandwiches, strawberry bars, bottled coke products (usually just coke, diet coke, and sprite), bottled water, and frozen bananas. You just have to show your wristband.

I think SWGE will have some sort of EMM and/or AH events all its own... even beyond initial generally extended park hours.

Went last night and it was fantastic. We went to the MK one earlier in the week and that was not anything like this one. MK was crowded and lines were consistently 20-30 minutes for the popular rides. We arrived last night at 7:30 and kids rode TT with a 30 minute wait.

Here is what we were able to accomplish last night:

TT - 3 times
RNR - 4 times
TSM - 3 times (twice in a row without getting off)
Alien Saucers - 1
SDD - 5 times.

At the end of the night SDD was a 5 minute wait, max. We got in line at 11:00 and managed to ride it 4 times between 11-11:30.

Snack were plenty and they were good. After our last ride of SDD at the end of the night we hit the snack cart right outside. Asked for 1 ice cream sandwich and 3 ice cream bars for the 4 of us. The girl gave is 4 ice cream bars and 3 ice cream sandwiches. It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter