**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It came back up at 10:15. We waited 17 minutes and 22 minutes. It was frustrating for it to not be up but I suppose it could have been worse. The cast members were just so unapologetic about the ride being down. To make matters worse, they made some announcement from SDD about the ride being back "up" and then it was still down. I just don't understand how it seems every after hours party seems to have the same issue with Slinky dog!
You deserve something. That is the ride everyone wants to ride.

Tonight was a bit of a cluster - Slinky Dog went down before AH started and wasn't back up until halfway through the event. That pushed guests to all the other rides - particularly RnRC, which had waits of between 10-25 minutes after the first hour (they had to start holding people outside the pre-show to stagger everyone). ToT was around 10-15 minutes as well. Once SDD was up, the wait was around 45 minutes at 10:45 (by way of comparison - the wait was about 50 minutes around 7pm during normal hours). I hopped in line at 11:20 and had a 25 minute wait. Heard a few complaints about people only getting to ride once or twice. I will say that once SDD reopened most everything else was walk on.

Overall an okay evening - but definitely a rough start and a demonstration of what happens when one of the headliners goes down for After Hours at DHS or AK. I've seen the same thing happen many times at EMH - but those aren't up-charge events.

The Slinky Dog closure didn't really impact me. We ended up leaving our meeting in Palm Beach almost an hour later than we intended. We still hadn't eaten yet, so pushed back our ADR until 855 which wasn't ideal, but it was what was available. My friend who was in the park waited for us to arrive (she decided not to get an AH ticket) and it was about 820 when we caught up with her. I stopped and got myself some mouse ears I'd been eyeing up.

Since we had some time, we all decided to ride Aliens but just as we were getting close to the front of the line, one half went down and the new wait was going to push us put of our ADR so we got out of line. We bid my friend adieu and made our way to Sci Fi.

We checked in at 854 and by we had our food by 925 and were out the door by 945. We stopped to see Mickey & Minnie (1 group in front of us), rode Star Tours (walk on) and met Olaf. It was maybe 1005 at this point.

We made our way into TSL and got in line for TSM. The wait time was posted at 25 minutes and that's about what it was. The lines moved quickly for a while and then came to a dead stop for about 5 or so minutes. SDD was open by the time we got off but the wait was 45 minutes. We opted to go do RNRC & TOT and come back (pit stopped for snacks and potty breaks).

Both RNRC & TOT were walk-ons. It was about 1125 when I ventured back to TSL. I walked right on to Aliens and by then the wait for SDD was 25 minutes. I got in line at 1136 and was off at 1159. It would've been longer but they were using the FP line (where the regular line meets FP) for odd numbered parties. At that point I was by myself, so I ended up bypassing about 35-40 people and got the front seat.

It was a great night, but I would definitely plan it a little differently next time.

Was also there today. The temporary down of SDD was realy a big drawback, but I've tried to make the best out of it. Result: 5×ToT; 5xRnRC; 3xSDD; 1xTMM (thrillride-junkie, so ST and AS are not important to me) Although I hoped to do more, it was all in all okay.

A further disappointment: No OnRide-Photos show up in my account. Anybody else the same problem? Or is it actualy normal that it takes more than 5 hours to show up?

Was also there today. The temporary down of SDD was realy a big drawback, but I've tried to make the best out of it. Result: 5×ToT; 5xRnRC; 3xSDD; 1xTMM (thrillride-junkie, so ST and AS are not important to me) Although I hoped to do more, it was all in all okay.

A further disappointment: No OnRide-Photos show up in my account. Anybody else the same problem? Or is it actualy normal that it takes more than 5 hours to show up?
Sorry about SDD!

The photos can be slightly delayed. If you don't see them in 24 hours I would run into a PhotoPass location and inquire about the missing photos while you're in the parks. They can retrieve them and link them. If you don't want to do that, you can always fill out the online missing photos form and try to get them that way. I've only been told no photos could be retrieved one time and it was for SDD. The e-mail said it was due to an equipment or technical problem so there was nothing that could be done.

Sorry about SDD!

The photos can be slightly delayed. If you don't see them in 24 hours I would run into a PhotoPass location and inquire about the missing photos while you're in the parks. They can retrieve them and link them. If you don't want to do that, you can always fill out the online missing photos form and try to get them that way. I've only been told no photos could be retrieved one time and it was for SDD. The e-mail said it was due to an equipment or technical problem so there was nothing that could be done.
On our last trip some of our pictures took even longer than 24 hours to show up. They all did eventually show up but some took 3-4 days

You deserve something. That is the ride everyone wants to ride.
There isn’t much they can do when a ride goes down. It’s a disappointment sure but it happens. We went to hs and ak dah in the same week. At ak, Everest went down and at hs slinky was down. This was back in January. We also had to wait at least 30 minutes for fop (it may have been longer than that).

A PP mentioned riding SDD 3 times so it was still doable

I will admit that your attitude is awesome. But for me and another one in my party, we won't ride ToT or RnRc, so that would change the game for me. RnRc was my very first ride at Disney, oh gosh. I almost threw up on day one of our very first trip.

Thank you, you were right: Except 2 of the SDD-pictures all show up now (and the one SDD-photo is much to dark to see anything).
That no one unterstand me wrong, 3 times SDD was only with luck: The first 45mins were walk on - I start with 1xRnR, than 3xToT. But as I was back at RnRC after this, there was a 15-20min wait. As Tot than also had a 15min wait, I went to Toystory-Land although SDD was still down; at least I wanted to know if it was ever open again in time. And as I was out of TMM, there was the first Train back on track. In the app it was still marked as down, so I was done in 15min. Than back to RnRC and ToT, when all headed to SDD. At 11.30 I went back with a posted 25min wait, and as I hoped I was out of the second ride just before closing and could hop again in line at 11.57.
To sum up: If I were not such a big fan of RnRC and ToT, I would not have much fun at this event.

I would have been upset if SDD was down the night I went - that was my main motivation in booking the event since, as despite trying really hard, I was never able to get a fastpass and this was my first visit to DHS since it opened. I wasn't able to rope drop that day, so I went to the other end of the day.

I went on 3/9, and I also did the Star Wars Dessert Party, picking up my wrist band immediately following. I did RNR, TOTx2, met Olaf, Star Tours, and Slinky Dog Dash. The listed time on SDD was 30 minutes when I arrived and it took that long, so when I got done at 11:00, I didn't get back in line. I didn't eat a lot (hello, all carbs!), but I grabbed several bottles of water throughout the evening and I was leaving. I drove, but I got a tram all to myself when I was leaving.

I would not book this party again unless there were attractions added that I wanted to do, and even then, I'd have to give it some thought. For comparison sake, I would do the AK version again without a second of hesitation.

I would have been upset if SDD was down the night I went - that was my main motivation in booking the event since, as despite trying really hard, I was never able to get a fastpass and this was my first visit to DHS since it opened. I wasn't able to rope drop that day, so I went to the other end of the day.

I went on 3/9, and I also did the Star Wars Dessert Party, picking up my wrist band immediately following. I did RNR, TOTx2, met Olaf, Star Tours, and Slinky Dog Dash. The listed time on SDD was 30 minutes when I arrived and it took that long, so when I got done at 11:00, I didn't get back in line. I didn't eat a lot (hello, all carbs!), but I grabbed several bottles of water throughout the evening and I was leaving. I drove, but I got a tram all to myself when I was leaving.

I would not book this party again unless there were attractions added that I wanted to do, and even then, I'd have to give it some thought. For comparison sake, I would do the AK version again without a second of hesitation.
That’s funny because we would do the HS one in a second but would not do the AK one again. Proves that the events fit for different people

We went to the March 9 DAH and it was a fantastic evening! We got to the park around 6:30 and waited at 50's prime time for our 7pm dinner reservation.

I loved having the low crowds and able to walk around stress free. After having a glass of wine I decided to ride RNR.
Ive been afraid to ride that since going to the parks for the past 22 years:P Its now my fav ride :thumbsup2

We're going back in July and i hope they offer DAH.We would go to all the parks that offer it.
I totally feel its worth every penny.

Please Disney offer DAH in Julypixiedust:

Liz:rose:

I think that they would be missing a huge opportunity if they don't offer AH every single Saturday before Star Wars opens. It seems as if people are flocking to the park in droves attempting to get one last blast before the real crowds come. We added an extra 2 days to our vacation, now beginning the 24th of August hoping for an AH event, and will be avoiding the park after a brief visit on the morning of August 27th. Our original plan for the 26th thru the 31st got blown out of the water, LOL!

We went to the March 9 DAH and it was a fantastic evening! We got to the park around 6:30 and waited at 50's prime time for our 7pm dinner reservation.

I loved having the low crowds and able to walk around stress free. After having a glass of wine I decided to ride RNR.
Ive been afraid to ride that since going to the parks for the past 22 years:P Its now my fav ride :thumbsup2

We were also there on March 9 and we agree it was a fantastic evening! We arrived at 7pm sharp and I had a FP for RNR at 7:30 so we started off the night right! Glad you liked it!

Resized_20190309_183637_2765.jpg
Resized_20190309_184729_6456.jpg
Resized_20190309_190201_3173.jpg

Resized_20190309_201056_9213.jpg

Well boo! I send a request to WDW Photopass for my missing Slinky Dog photo and got a message back saying that the equipment was malfunctioning during that time.

Well boo! I send a request to WDW Photopass for my missing Slinky Dog photo and got a message back saying that the equipment was malfunctioning during that time.
Sorry about not getting your picture but I will say the photo on slinky is pretty bad. It’s not in a great spot.

FWIW, the same thing happened to us on 7DMT during last year's MNSSHP. I spent almost 30 minutes in a photopass line just to be told the camera was down. Very disappointing, but we got a ton of really good pictures so we just focused on that.

Ugh so sorry that also happened to you! SDD is the only ride i've experienced malfunctioning cameras. SMH :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!