Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Some great stuff at the end of the last thread, but I am just checking in quick from the iPad. Like the fiesta Donald stuff and the updated Cinderella dress.

I just got back from a free motion quilting class. Had a good day and learned a lot.

So I have finished another day...The day that we eat at the San Angel Inn and hunt down Senor Donald.

429011_379994245353182_366965016656105_1390511_2004326498_n.jpg

423874_379994218686518_366965016656105_1390510_263941779_n.jpg

423742_379994292019844_366965016656105_1390512_120844257_n.jpg

423900_379994318686508_366965016656105_1390513_2006062179_n.jpg

I love those!!! Where did you get the embroidery designs?

Thank you for the info. I didn't even think to try and match up the fabric. I love the romper and am going to try and make it.

Did I make page 2????

Yay!!! I did! Whoot! Present and accounted for... Marianne - are you here yet?

D~

Thanks! DD is definitely much happier with eh Cinderella dress. I think I like it better, too!

The Pocahontas dress dress was so easy to make and I love how it turned out. Glad I had all that extra Lastin from my diaper making days. I knew it would come in handy eventually.

I love the idea of the FOE on tank tops. I still have some also from my diaper sewing days.

Woo hoo! I made it. Now I need to head back and grab the quote for the nice things posted!

I promise, no one told me a thing. I honestly just came by to comment on some things that I saw earlier in the day and didn't get a chance to. You all are slow pokes -- if I waited until page 20 it would be the end of the month!

MICHELLE: I :lovestrucLOVE:lovestruc your shirts!!!! I think Daisy is my favorite! I adore the fabrics you found for the shorts and skirt. Absolutely impeccable :love:

BETH: I can't even remember if I commented on the superhero cape pic but it's awesome!

I also love the updated Cindy and Pocahontas. And I love that your dd is really smiling in the Cindy dress so she must be really happy with the updates.

DIANE: That is a good ides to put elastic in the neckline of a lettuced neck. Now I have to go back and look at your pics!

here is my first attempt at a you can make this pattern I am really happy with how it turned out
th_marshacamera2011-2012175.jpg

Great job! I still need to try shirring one of these days.

They make perfume free fabric softener sheets -- I use them for my dd as her skin is quite sensitive as well and she has no problems with them. I can't use fabric softener with her. I also wash in Ivory.

Thanks for the info. I just use Tide Free in the wash and our clothes still feel nice and soft. They don't seem to crunch up as long as I put them through the dryer. (It is too cold to hang clothes outside most of the year anyway).

My daughter calls herself a disney geek. wears her Disney shirts at home not anything over the top.

Lol I wear my Disney outfits at home too (I even wear them to work).

Quick drive by post....

Grand Princess had a very successful surgery yesterday. It ended up lasting over an hour longer than we thought it would. They had to put a longer rod than they were expecting to (not sure why) and they had to put 2 pins in her ankle rather than one(again I don't know why) But the surgeon said they had a perfect angle on the foot and ankle and her foot is now perfectly straight. There is a 99% chance they won't have to do it again!

As to the washing fabric item...there are 3 main reasons to wash fabric first...as lots of people mentioned the shrinkage item. (that one is pretty much covered) the chemical item (which is really about 25 times worse than most people think...in fact you should always wash fabric for children ...if not before you sew, at least before you let them wear. Most of you aren't old enough to remember the problems back in the 70's...some of the chemicals they used to think were completely harmless were shown to cause cancer in children...all of the chemicals were used in the finishing of fabrics.

They did change the chemicals used. However, since then, more of the chemicals they changed to have been shown to be much worse. They are constantly trying to find new chemicals that can be used that are not harmful....with cheap being the biggest requirement. Add to that that most of the cotton fabric used in the US is no longer manufactured in the US and you run into a whole different problem with chemicals. Some of the smaller cotton mills now purchase the raw fabric overseas and then dye the fabric here...finding the finish on the fabric is harder to take the dye, they have to use more dyes and chemicals to get the fabric to 'take'

Which brings us to the third reason to wash your fabric... Bleeding. Until you at least test your fabric you will not know how the fabric will react to detergent and heat.

It only takes one fabric to shrink or bleed to ruin an outfit.

Since I have dealt with childhood cancer...I would not make any thing for my children or grand children without washing the fabric first. You can always buy the spray sizing if you really want that finish....

And one important note about starching and storing...DON'T DO IT!!! Silverfish love the starch! It is one of their favorite foods! I press my fabric (actually I take it out of the dryer awhile warm and fold) and starch it only after I am ready to cut.

I will now get off my soapbox! LOL

Yes, I grew up in an area that was full of cotton mills.... it was always a big topic around here...

Nini

Glad to hear the surgery went well and there is a high probably that no further surgeries will be needed. I hope she will have a quick recovery.

Thanks for the info about prewashing. I think I will have a fabric prewashing party coming up!

hello all ,gotta go back and catch up on some post but i wanted to share these pix while i was online...i finished all the SuperHero capes and gave them to the kids in my class to celebrate our lil friend who had his cerebellum operated on almost 3 weeks ago,he's back in school and right as rain! so good to have him back and the kids loved their capes and couldn't wit to take them home!
423199_10150612933596586_555471585_9396383_1953366654_n.jpg

and here is the super Isaac pj/play set i made for my dd's friend who is headed to wdw in 10 days! 1st trip and kids have no clue,they think they are going to Texas since they are gong with g'parents and g'parents mom lives there...lol Isaac is into any and all super heros and wears a pillowcase cape with pride...so i made him his own,i had the fabric in my stash,i think it was a toddler bed top sheet...thrift store find of course...anyway here it is,just a simple sewn on emblem on tee and cape...

423199_10150612933691586_555471585_9396388_795965510_n.jpg

thanks for looking ~Beth~

Great job on the capes! I am sure Isaac will like his new outfit!

So I have finished another day...The day that we eat at the San Angel Inn and hunt down Senor Donald.

429011_379994245353182_366965016656105_1390511_2004326498_n.jpg

Wow! I really hope that you will be able to track down Donald!

The updated Cinderella:

th_IMAG0310.jpg

And Pocahontas:

th_IMAG0308.jpg

Great job on updating the Cinderella. Your DD certainly looks much happier in this version. The Pocahontas looks great too.

Sorry if this has been asked. I searched through some of your posts, but there is just so much info.
How are y'all making these characters with different dresses on? For example, I really, really want a Minnie as Cinderella. Is there any way to get that as a patch or some type of applique that I can use to personalize an item and not already made onto an item.

Please PM if you have one available. :cloud9:

I would check people's etsy shops in their signatures.

I made it on page 3. I wish I hadn't had a cookie booth sale tonight. Then I could have beenon page 1!

Well page 3 for me. I was off enjoying a wonderful St. Pats dinner at my Mom's with my sisters and nieces and nephews and you all were on the move! Glad I made it, now to finish that lovely bottle of wine. Can't leave the last glass in the bottle ya know!!!

Wow! Last time I checked in was on 232 of the old thread a couple days ago. Ya'll are prolific! I'll go pick up quotes later, but I'm here. :)

Regards, C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter