Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

My state (NC) employs teachers to work on test development for both state testing and a test prep service provided through NCState. It's pretty lucrative - esp. considering the time involved and amount of annoyance in the task, but you have to be actively teaching to get started with them. I found out about it through state mailings to department leads. I would have no idea how else to go about finding this type of gig.

I'm actually highly opposed to multiple choice testing as the be-all and end-all of education,which it has turned into. On the other hand, if there are going to be people making a profit off this nonsense, then I say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Besides it makes affording Disney a lot easier.:rotfl2:

Sounds like a good deal for you! I agree with you about the standardized testing, but, hey, you may as well get something out of the silliness! I'll have to look around a little bit to see if anything like that is offered in Michigan (though I'm not teaching and my certificate has lapsed now.)

Thanks for sharing, Sandi!

Regards,
C.

Jaylin... here is her FB page http://www.facebook.com/sweetpeasplaceembroidery

Like Sweet Pea on FB and request to join the Behind the Scenes group - that's how I was able to get add to the access for her "special" designs. I bought quite a few and added them to my sewing planning document.

I already liked her page before so I will send a message. Thanks:thumbsup2

Okay some one who has made pockets for easy fits I have a question.

I want do put an applique on one of Js pairs. Did you cut to size first or after you put the applique on.

I would applique first too though I haven't done that yet.... but I know from experience it is easier adding the pocket before the pants are sewn:rolleyes1

Just popping in to say hi. I finally figured out the multi-post thing so will be able to do that next time, but I am not feeling well tonight so going to just drop by. I have another non-Disney dress finished.

pesantdress.jpg

Tomorrow going to work on taking some of my son's old jeans that have holes in the knees and turning them into shorts with Disney borders along the bottom. I hope everyone has had a restful weekend!

ok, I give up! How do I go about doing this? I cannot figure out what her facebook name is, I tried everything. I went to the website and "liked" it from there, but that's not right either! I loved her stuff!

Miprender got it covered!

Jaylin... here is her FB page http://www.facebook.com/sweetpeasplaceembroidery

I already liked her page before so I will send a message. Thanks:thumbsup2

I would applique first too though I haven't done that yet.... but I know from experience it is easier adding the pocket before the pants are sewn:rolleyes1

I prefer to applique then cut pattern pieces unless it is for something big - like the front of a shirt. Then I cut the pattern piece before applique.

I also found another great place for appliques - Applicakes - really cute stuff!

ENABLER ALERT!!!!

Very late at posting this since it went to my spam :confused3

Planet Applique is offering $5 off orders of $10 or more but it is only good through tonight I think. Use coupon code stpat5

Hopefully this will at least help Marianne and Shakisha get some designs -- I think tomorrow is the big day for our Cayman friend :)

ENABLER ALERT!!!!

Planet Applique is offering $5 off orders of $10 or more but it is only good through tonight I think. Use coupon code stpat5

Hopefully this will at least help Marianne and Shakisha get some designs -- I think tomorrow is the big day for our Cayman friend :)

Thanks will go check them out right now!

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY I cannot contain my excitment:banana:

I just knew the thread was gonna jump while I was away! Thankfully, I caught it and am here now. Way, way, way TMTQ while we were gone. So many beautiful projects have been posted that I don't think I'd catch everyone if I tried to quote/mention them.

tinkerbell3747 - Just wanted to give a special :banana::banana::banana: YAY!!! :banana::banana::banana: for your delivery tomorrow! Can't wait to see what you make for your trip!

Yesterday on our drive home, DH told me he has decided that 4 years is the perfect length of time between Disney trips. :sad1: :scared: Since we just finished this one, I'll let him think I am in agreement with him :sad2: for a few months before I start working on changing his mind. We had a good time, although I do have to say that we will likely never do another trip with BIL/SIL. They just have a completely different idea of a vacation than we have. Nothing wrong with that either, but I'd rather just go ourselves and have a great vacation. Definitely can't complain about the weather we had last week - sunny with highs from 27-30 C (80-86 F for those of you on the other side of the border!) and no rain other than the Sunday we arrived. We all wore our Canada Mickey shirts on Monday in MK and had several people ask where we got them. Lots of comments on the kids' pirate shirts too (DS and DN11 wore them on our second MK day, DN8 didn't wear hers at all) and a lady on the bus back to the resort one night wanted my Tink bag in the worst way. DH wants us to have matching shirts for every day next time (it certainly makes it easier to keep track of everyone!) so I have lots of time (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) to plan that out. It was a good week overall and I'm not going to complain because we were in the most magical place after all was said and done.

That's so exciting! What are you going to make first????

Thanks so much everyone for going banana's with me. DH is the Ops Manager at our Port so as soon as its out of the shipping container He'll let me know.......and pack it up in the car.

I have gone round and round in my mind on what to make first. I want a great practice project that the kids can use but won't be to embarrassed to wear. Maybe Disney PJ's. They love easy fits so I'll stitch and "serge" some easy fits for them and appliqué some matching t's. Maybe make a set for myself as well.. I'll also add pockets just for practice. As DD will have a couple of "capri/bermuda" sets for the trip.

When the PJ's are done I'll jump right in on our customs!

Miprender got it covered!

I prefer to applique then cut pattern pieces unless it is for something big - like the front of a shirt. Then I cut the pattern piece before applique.

I also found another great place for appliques - Applicakes - really cute stuff!

Hey Sandi I just noticed our Tickers are neck and neck!!!! It will be here before we know it!:dance3:

I just knew the thread was gonna jump while I was away! Thankfully, I caught it and am here now. Way, way, way TMTQ while we were gone. So many beautiful projects have been posted that I don't think I'd catch everyone if I tried to quote/mention them.

tinkerbell3747 - Just wanted to give a special :banana::banana::banana: YAY!!! :banana::banana::banana: for your delivery tomorrow! Can't wait to see what you make for your trip!

Yesterday on our drive home, DH told me he has decided that 4 years is the perfect length of time between Disney trips. :sad1: :scared: Since we just finished this one, I'll let him think I am in agreement with him :sad2: for a few months before I start working on changing his mind. We had a good time, although I do have to say that we will likely never do another trip with BIL/SIL. They just have a completely different idea of a vacation than we have. Nothing wrong with that either, but I'd rather just go ourselves and have a great vacation. Definitely can't complain about the weather we had last week - sunny with highs from 27-30 C (80-86 F for those of you on the other side of the border!) and no rain other than the Sunday we arrived. We all wore our Canada Mickey shirts on Monday in MK and had several people ask where we got them. Lots of comments on the kids' pirate shirts too (DS and DN11 wore them on our second MK day, DN8 didn't wear hers at all) and a lady on the bus back to the resort one night wanted my Tink bag in the worst way. DH wants us to have matching shirts for every day next time (it certainly makes it easier to keep track of everyone!) so I have lots of time (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) to plan that out. It was a good week overall and I'm not going to complain because we were in the most magical place after all was said and done.

My DH hasn't been to Disney since 99 (pre-kids) and managed to get out of a 2004 WDW trip and a 2009 visit to DL. I am making him go. I know he will have fun, but I know he'd be one to not go again for a really long time. However, my mom LOVES to go and she WAS with me in '04 and '09...I'm planning to scout the bounce-back offers and turn right around and plan a 2013 trip with her and the kids. It's an easy drive from NC and DH & I have each traveled solo with the kids (diff. places) more than once, so it's no big deal. Heck, I drove those children cross-country with my mom in 2009. That was wild.

Hey Sandi I just noticed our Tickers are neck and neck!!!! It will be here before we know it!:dance3:

Can't wait!!! Where are y'all staying?

Just popping in to say hi. I finally figured out the multi-post thing so will be able to do that next time, but I am not feeling well tonight so going to just drop by. I have another non-Disney dress finished.

th_pesantdress.jpg

Tomorrow going to work on taking some of my son's old jeans that have holes in the knees and turning them into shorts with Disney borders along the bottom. I hope everyone has had a restful weekend!

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope you'll recover quickly! The dress is beautiful!

ENABLER ALERT!!!!

I must resist buying more designs...especially when I just bought a few patterns on the YMCT $5 sale AND I have a feeling that I will be buying a few Disney-based designs before too long. Even though I really can't make THAT much more clothes for my August trip. Oh well, I can always wear them at home, right?

Sounds like you had a great time despite some snags with family members. I think you just inspired me to do the Canadian Mickey flag as an attachment to my bag or outfit. I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip!

Oh by the way, I hope you didn't suffer any problems from the St. Patty's day riot. I heard it was a mess in parts of London!

Thanks so much everyone for going banana's with me. DH is the Ops Manager at our Port so as soon as its out of the shipping container He'll let me know.......and pack it up in the car.

I have gone round and round in my mind on what to make first. I want a great practice project that the kids can use but won't be to embarrassed to wear. Maybe Disney PJ's. They love easy fits so I'll stitch and "serge" some easy fits for them and appliqué some matching t's. Maybe make a set for myself as well.. I'll also add pockets just for practice. As DD will have a couple of "capri/bermuda" sets for the trip.

When the PJ's are done I'll jump right in on our customs!

I can't wait to see what you make with your machine! I am sure you'll have a blast with it! :banana::banana::banana:

Hi Everyone!!
I sure wish I had a Disney trip planned. Just today at lunch though, Bill says out of the blue - I want to see the Christmas stuff at Disney again this year!!!!!!!! Sooooo, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this happens!!

Yesterday, Bill and I worked at a fundraiser - someone sponsered us to help them with that fundraiser, and they would donate $100 in each of our names towards our expenses for Camp Promise this year. It was a LOOONGGGG day and we were exhausted. Well, today, I was in my Sunday School room playing with the kids (someone gave us an appliance box and we were making it into a house ( : ) and the person who sponsored us came down and said that they appreciated how hard we worked, and instead of $100, they donated $200 in each of our names!!!!! I started to cry! Just our tickets alone were about $750, so this was a HUGE help!!!

Would anyone consider making something Lilo and Stitch for Mitchell's big give? Ohana was requested by him (he doesnt even eat much - allergic to everything in a really bad way) and so as part of his wish, his parents are doing this character meal for him - it'd be super cool to have the babies and him dressed up for this ( :

Also could use some baby bibs!!!!!

Thanks for considering everyone!!!!!:hippie:

I missed the move, figured I would. LOL My laundry just ended and I moved it to the dryer so I'm on my way to bed, but I hope to catch up tomorrow (and hopefully I haven't lost all my multiquotes since Friday....)

th_pesantdress.jpg

That's really pretty. Your dd has a figure like my dd -- skinny! Sadly mine takes after dh and not me. Hope you feel better and have a productive day.

Welcome back! You are lucky your dh wants to even go to Dis again -- my next trip will be a mother/daughter trip.

Hi Everyone!!
I sure wish I had a Disney trip planned. Just today at lunch though, Bill says out of the blue - I want to see the Christmas stuff at Disney again this year!!!!!!!! Sooooo, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this happens!!

Yesterday, Bill and I worked at a fundraiser - someone sponsered us to help them with that fundraiser, and they would donate $100 in each of our names towards our expenses for Camp Promise this year. It was a LOOONGGGG day and we were exhausted. Well, today, I was in my Sunday School room playing with the kids (someone gave us an appliance box and we were making it into a house ( : ) and the person who sponsored us came down and said that they appreciated how hard we worked, and instead of $100, they donated $200 in each of our names!!!!! I started to cry! Just our tickets alone were about $750, so this was a HUGE help!!!

Would anyone consider making something Lilo and Stitch for Mitchell's big give? Ohana was requested by him (he doesnt even eat much - allergic to everything in a really bad way) and so as part of his wish, his parents are doing this character meal for him - it'd be super cool to have the babies and him dressed up for this ( :

Also could use some baby bibs!!!!!

Thanks for considering everyone!!!!!:hippie:
Great that you got some nice help for Camp Promise :)

I have nothing Lilo/Stitch in my stash and I really have to stick with my stash for BGs. Sadly I am also limiting them due to shipping costs. Once our RI house sells I will try to do most all of them again, but right now I'm planning for an empty house and no $ :( I do peruse the give often though b/c if some one makes something that I can do bibs for I will sign up for those (but I have to wait and see if I have coordinating fabrics).

How is Tigger doing? I thought of him and D's new dog yesterday as I was steam cleaning our carpet in the LR b/c it didn't smell right :headache:

Wow I missed everything :) Hopefully I can try to keep up a little better this time around. Page 6 already..WOW!!

Loved all the recent things posted on the old thread...especially the donald stuff what cute patterns they are and love the fabric for the skirts/shorts.

Hope everyone has been enjoying the same fantastic weather we have had here.

Sounds like you had a great time despite some snags with family members. I think you just inspired me to do the Canadian Mickey flag as an attachment to my bag or outfit. I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip!

Oh by the way, I hope you didn't suffer any problems from the St. Patty's day riot. I heard it was a mess in parts of London!

I definitely recommend the Canadian Mickey head. :thumbsup2 CMs were commenting on the shirts and trying to sing Oh Canada! to us as well.

We were on our way back from Florida as this was going on. Thankfully it was contained to one area of the city, which has had problems like this in the past, and we don't live anywhere near it. Unfortunately it was a perfect storm of conditions that helped it reach this level. I truly hope they arrest everyone involved and throw the book at them. So far they have only arrested 11 of the 1000+ that were there, 7 of which are college students and 6 of whom have already been conditionally suspended from school. The college has made some really great gains in controlling this area in the past couple of years so it is sad to see it happen again.

I am such a loser!!! Page 6 already. I played mom taxi all weekend and did not get on the computer at all. Oh well page 6 is not too bad for missing 3 days worth. Hope everyone on the east coast is enjoying this wonderful weather. We are just south of Cleveland and we are breaking a record today 9 straight days in March of 60+ degree weather. Never happened before now in history. Yah us!!!! :cool1: I will not complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter