• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Unplugged London / Paris / Disneyland Paris ABD Info **UPDATE 11/1/10**

My suggestion for really good Europe guidebooks are any written by Rick Steves. I have used them in both London and Rome.

I agree! I used Rick Steves' London and Rick Steves' Paris quite a bit on a trip in June. Before buying the 2010 editions, I would borrow them from the library and wait for the 2011 editions - which will probably come out in the fall.

I'll share with you how I'd speak French.

In musical form. I think this is silly and hysterical. Which means you'll probably think, "Lori is waaaaay stranger than we already knew!"

Foux Du FaFa

I've decided to stop on the way home to buy a couple of books on Paris and London...hopefully this will tide me over until more information is available on the actual trip. After I've actually booked, then I'll start the French lessons. :goodvibes

Christy, I am glad to see you are thinking about this trip too! I plan on checking out some books as well.

Christy, I am glad to see you are thinking about this trip too! I plan on checking out some books as well.

Ok...I went a little overboard on the books. I bought a book on Paris and a book on London. I've ordered a Disneyland Paris book as well as two Passport to Europe DVDs. I've got to stop...this trip is costing me already and it has not even been booked. :rotfl2:

Nicole - I'm glad you are considering the trip too. It will be great to meet new people but it is always good to see a familiar face too!

Ok...I went a little overboard on the books. I bought a book on Paris and a book on London. I've ordered a Disneyland Paris book as well as two Passport to Europe DVDs. I've got to stop...this trip is costing me already and it has not even been booked. :rotfl2:

Nicole - I'm glad you are considering the trip too. It will be great to meet new people but it is always good to see a familiar face too!

:rotfl2: I think most people spend more money on travel books than the actual trip!

The DK Eyewitness guides are really great, they have loads of pictures and lots of good information. I have about 15, and luckily, there are only 2 that I bought that I didn't eventually get to - Alaska (2012) and Krakow (who knows?).

Just thought I'd bump this back into everyone's brain.

I know you are super duper busy Kevin.... But is there any "news"???

If anyone needs to get in the Parisian mood, Anthony Boudain's 100th episode is on the Travel channel Monday at 10pm.
He's in Paris. :-D
the special show preceeds the Paris show @9pm

I'm pushing for information.

I'm told that Paris took August off for vacation which has delayed things.

As soon as I have information.....I'll spill my guts.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had a French co-worker call me last week looking for a report. It had gotten pushed to the bottom of the pile due to other priorities. Needless to say he was not happy and wanted to know why it was not done! After all, he was on holiday for three weeks in August and I had all that time to get it reviewed for him! If ever I wanted a WMD to shoot across the pond!

Kevin, take my advise, with the French you gotta push and hard and often.

I'm pushing for information.

I'm told that Paris took August off for vacation which has delayed things.

As soon as I have information.....I'll spill my guts.

The whole city closed for vacation ?????? :rotfl2::rotfl2: for the whole month???

Just yanking your chain Kevin - - - As always, I know you're on top of things

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter