DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Have I mentioned that I like to make lists? I thought it might be helpful for the pre-trip to know when people are arriving in Tokyo. So I am updating post #319 on page 16 of this thread with name, date, arrival airport, arrival time, and airline so that people can possibly coordinate transportation to the hotel or at least know when others in the group are arriving. Feel free to message me or post here and I will update post #319 to keep a consolidated list.

Laurie

Have I mentioned that I like to make lists? I thought it might be helpful for the pre-trip to know when people are arriving in Tokyo. So I am updating post #319 on page 16 of this thread with name, date, arrival airport, arrival time, and airline so that people can possibly coordinate transportation to the hotel or at least know when others in the group are arriving. Feel free to message me or post here and I will update post #319 to keep a consolidated list.

Laurie

Jim & Linda
Arrive HND 1:45 PM - TUE, 10 OCT Delta 121

Another restaurant question - is anyone who's in the Tokyo group interested in eating at Magellan's at DisneySea? It seems to be their flagship restaurant. Although I want to see as much as possible in the Tokyo parks, I do not want to run around like a crazy person trying to see everything, especially when adjusting to the time difference. I really want to enjoy the ambiance so a nice sit down meal in a beautifully themed restaurant would be welcome. It's pricey, especially because the portions are much smaller, but not that out of line with Disney World prices. The meals are sets; you get an hors d'oeuvre, soup or salad, entree and dessert for between $45-75ish depending on which set you choose.

Laurie

Please add us in!!!
Jim & Linda

Laurie,

The menu looks delicious, and I've heard very positive comments about Magellan's. I would like to join you. Thank you for organizing this!

Last edited:
It's be a L-O-N-G, hot week. Our power was finally restored at 9 last night. Looks like I missed a great chat. I'll have to catch up on all of the posts in the last week.

We are on the same Tokyo inbound flight as Jeff and Val, DL 7 arriving Haneda at 2:35 pm. on 10/11.

For each of these group meals, will individuals be able to use a credit card to pay or will each person be required to have the appropriate local money to pay?

For each of these group meals, will individuals be able to use a credit card to pay or will each person be required to have the appropriate local money to pay?
Can I suggest having local currency? Most of the countries you'll be visiting typically don't do split checks the same way they do in America. Also, note home much your items are when ordering, as the bills may come back with No English and can make splitting really hard.

Local currency please. The restaurants have specified they prefer just a couple of checks at most.

-------------------------------------
Crystal Lotus (dim sum) Lunch:
We have a set menu for the food, HK$271 (before drinks). Drink prices cannot be found, but I would estimate HK$80 for drinks like soft drink/tea/beer. We will take the total at the end of the meal and divide by the number there.

--------------------------------------
Country Kitchen Dinner:
We have 4 tables (7-8 per table); I can request a check for each table. Each table will be responsible for their check. I think the best way to do this is just divide the check evenly by the # of guests per table rather than passing it around trying to determine everyone's individual responsibility. If anyone prefers a different way, let me know.

Each table will have 1 Peking Duck. Everything else is a la carte. While I normally would recommend starters, the ones at CK do not sound appetizing - tripe, fungus, chilled jellyfish. So, I suggest we skip starters. Each table could pick 1-2 meat dishes and 1-2 vegetable dishes per table and share those with the Peking Duck, and we finish with everyone getting their own noodles and sauce as that is what they are kind of known for. Or if you don't want noodles, choose a meat/fish dish.

Here are just a few examples of the meats/veggies they offer: Shunyi Farm Gong Bao Chicken, Sizzling Beef, Snow Dragon Beef with Sugar Soy Sauce, Country Kitchen Roasted Chicken, French Beans, Baby Cabbage, Okra, Potatoes.

Alternatively, if that sounds like too much food, we could start with the duck and then everyone just order individual noodles & sauce or a meat dish.

If I could get some feedback on what everyone feels would work well for our group, I can come up with a rough estimation of cost.

Last edited:
I'm going to give a few more days for people to check the boards before calling about Magellan's. As of this morning, we have a group of 17. I will ask about how they will split up the tables and checks then, but I think it will probably be easiest to have cash. The picture of the Magellan's menu shows the price for each set menu. I updated post #319 with all of our arrivals.

Kevin - I was alarmed by some of those appetizers too, but then I saw that mushrooms are usually referred to as fungus in the English translations of Chinese menus. I think what you're suggesting as far as the food sounds good, and their menu is available online so we can get an idea of what meals will cost.

Laurie

Everything sounds great and we are flexible... SPOILER ALERT for the ABD newbies: For those who have done ABD trips this year, is there a gift in the room for us and is it some form of luggage item like the small duffle bags. Thinking ahead to what type of extra bags we may need to get the goodies home.

Chris

Everything sounds great and we are flexible... SPOILER ALERT for the ABD newbies: For those who have done ABD trips this year, is there a gift in the room for us and is it some form of luggage item like the small duffle bags. Thinking ahead to what type of extra bags we may need to get the goodies home.

Chris

A possible gift as well as great company, it just keeps getting better and better.

Can't wait.

Ian&Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter