DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Everything sounds great and we are flexible... SPOILER ALERT for the ABD newbies: For those who have done ABD trips this year, is there a gift in the room for us and is it some form of luggage item like the small duffle bags. Thinking ahead to what type of extra bags we may need to get the goodies home.

Chris
Chris...I received a bag in my package from AbD (including the itinerary book). Are you saying that we'll receive another bag in our rooms on the adventure?

If they are repeating our previous experiences, there was an additional gift in the room either when we arrived or shortly thereafter that was a folded up small duffel that came in very handy for transporting booty as the trip progressed. Sorry for possibly ruining the surprise.

Chris

If they are repeating our previous experiences, there was an additional gift in the room either when we arrived or shortly thereafter that was a folded up small duffel that came in very handy for transporting booty as the trip progressed. Sorry for possibly ruining the surprise.

Chris

The duffel was my room this summer. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't there. They are quite handy.

Just crossing fingers that HK cools down a little. But anything has to be better than my summer trip there. I bought umbrellas in the park just for shade.

I'm going to give a few more days for people to check the boards before calling about Magellan's. As of this morning, we have a group of 17. I will ask about how they will split up the tables and checks then, but I think it will probably be easiest to have cash. The picture of the Magellan's menu shows the price for each set menu. I updated post #319 with all of our arrivals.

Kevin - I was alarmed by some of those appetizers too, but then I saw that mushrooms are usually referred to as fungus in the English translations of Chinese menus. I think what you're suggesting as far as the food sounds good, and their menu is available online so we can get an idea of what meals will cost.

Laurie
Laurie, please add Sally and I to the Magellan's list. Thanks!

I will be ordering local currency from our bank soon and I am struggling with how much I should bring and whether or not I can use an ATM. I know there is 7-11 ATM in Downtown Disney Tokyo that accepts US cards (thank you TDR Explorer!). I can't find any info on ATMs in either Hong Kong or Shanghai. Does anyone have any info on this?

I will be ordering local currency from our bank soon and I am struggling with how much I should bring and whether or not I can use an ATM. I know there is 7-11 ATM in Downtown Disney Tokyo that accepts US cards (thank you TDR Explorer!). I can't find any info on ATMs in either Hong Kong or Shanghai. Does anyone have any info on this?

This link shows where all the ATMs are at Hong Kong Disney

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/guest-services/atm-banking/

Shanghai Disney

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/guest-services/automated-teller-machine-atm/

Hope it helps

I'm wrestling with how much local currency to bring with me as well. Don't want to get too much for each country so I don't get hit with conversion fees twice. I'm expecting to put most of my expenses on a credit card so the actual currency needs should be minimal. Hmmm....

We ordered our money on Saturday from our bank. We decided to go with $300 US in each currency as a base to get us through the initial arrival. That will provide around $100 US for the three of us. Just an FYI, don't forget to notify the bank that you will be out of the country using an ATM. Most people don't have a problem remembering to notify the credit card companies but you may forget the bank ATM.

Chris

Has anyone else but me been following the posts by "the other group" currently on the trip. Except for the extreme heat in Hong Kong it looks like they are having a great time. I am evaluating pictures for packing tips.

Chris

Last edited:
Has anyone else but me been following the posts by "the other group" currently on the trip. Except for the extreme heat in Hong Kong it looks like they are having a great time. I am evaluating pictures for packing tips.

Chris

Haven't seen this Chris. On the ABD board?

Laurie

No Facebook. Lou Mongello is over there now with a group doing a similar itinerary. They just finished Hong Kong and went to Beijing today.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter