DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Discussion in 'DIS Adventures by Disney Trips' started by DisneyKevin, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sarabi's Cubs

Sarabi's Cubs DIS Veteran

There's an article on TDR Explorer this morning that Shanghai Disneyland will be celebrating Halloween for the first time this year, including a Villains Cavalcade, high energy dance party, costumes (I know Brian will be super excited for those last two), and special food items (glowstick cotton candy!) and merchandise.

[​IMG]

belle41379 and OKW Lover like this.
  2. belle41379

belle41379 Disney is my happy place.

Kevin, I will probably not eat the seafood pancake, and with allergies, I would vote no on those. We are also fine with one desert each, but won't say no if we get two! lol

I need to go spend some time on TDR now.

Cousin Orville likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

Just to have it in one spot, here's an update on our 2 planned meals. If I've missed your name or you would like to join, please let me know.

HKDL Dim Sum lunch:
    1:30pm on Oct 16th (Day 3: Keys to the Magic)

Kate & Kevin
    Chandra
    Rob
    Laurie & Brian
    Chuck, Chris, & Amy
    Michael & Cynthia
    Micki & John
    Ian & Diane
    Michael
    Dave & Sally
    Steven
    Kevin and John
    Jeff and Val
    Jim and Linda

We will have 2 tables.

Our menu:

3 Little Pigs (BBQ pork buns) - 1 each
    Little Green Men (vegetable & pork) - 1 each
    Jack Skellington seasonal specialty (shrimp) - 1 each
    Baymax (chicken) - 1 each
    Olaf (red bean) - 1 each
    ShellieMay & Duffy(sweet - green tea & ?) - I ordered 30 portions (there's 19 of us). Should be enough to share or have 1 of each which ever you prefer.

Extras of the 3 Little Pigs and Little Green Men should be available.

Please note for those with a shellfish allergy, I did keep the Jack Skellington shrimp dim sum. If that's a problem, please let me know.

~HK$271pp (~$35) before drinks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country Kitchen:
    7:00pm on Oct 20th (Day 7: Great Wall Glory)

Kevin & Kate
    Chandra
    Chris, Chuck & Amy
    Ian & Diane
    Lauri & Brian
    Michael & Cynthia
    Jim & Linda
    Tami & Jeremy
    Sally & Dave
    Rob
    Michael
    Micki & John
    Karilynn & Bill
    Kevin & John
    Jeff & Val
    Steven

We will have 4 tables.

We can order off the menu, but we do have 1 peking duck pre-ordered per table to share.

Here is the Country Kitchen menu.

And here is a link to tripadvisor where if you want to see pictures or see other reviews.

Should be tasty!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 11:26 AM
  5. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Hey Kevin,

Have you got room for John, me, Jeff and Val?

If not, its not an issue...but if your do....

BTW ...our passports arrived today!

6. Cousin Orville

For which one? Country Kitchen or HKDL Dim Sum?

7. jmccormick

jmccormick When we do fantasy, don't lose sight of reality

Please add Jim & Linda to this, sounds great.

8. christannj

christannj Mouseketeer

Or both? ::yes::

Chris

9. DisneyKevin

I'm sorry.

Both please...if possible

OKW Lover likes this.
  10. Cousin Orville

I've added you, John, Jeff and Val to both Country Kitchen and the Crystal Lotus.

I've added y'all to the Crystal Lotus (and you're already with us at Country Kitchen).

Dim sum #'s have been adjusted. Same portions per person as above.

So for our resident statistician, @christannj , that makes 25 for the Crystal Lotus and 28 for Country Kitchen.

christannj, OKW Lover and bamagoofy like this.
  11. elcid3

elcid3 Mouseketeer

@Cousin Orville - what day and time is the Country Kitchen? I'm in for that one as well! Thanks

christannj likes this.
  12. christannj

christannj Mouseketeer

I see a pattern here....we are determined to spend every waking moment together or we're grateful that someone else is taking the initiative to organize our "on your own time"

With Steven, Country Kitchen is at 90.6% of the group and the Crystal Lotus is at 78.1%.

You didn't think that I would really calculate this did you, Kevin:thumbsup2

Statistician Chris

OKW Lover and bamagoofy like this.
  13. Cousin Orville

I updated my post above and included Country Kitchen's menu since it's now several pages back. I should get final confirmation from the restaurants hopefully in the next 24 hrs with the new guest count, but they haven't had a problem yet. They've been very accommodating.

Done. 7:00pm on Oct 20th (Day 7: Great Wall Glory)

I had no doubt you'd calculate those stats! Do you need to update Country Kitchen's % with Steven?

elcid3 likes this.
  14. Sarabi's Cubs

Another restaurant question - is anyone who's in the Tokyo group interested in eating at Magellan's at DisneySea? It seems to be their flagship restaurant. Although I want to see as much as possible in the Tokyo parks, I do not want to run around like a crazy person trying to see everything, especially when adjusting to the time difference. I really want to enjoy the ambiance so a nice sit down meal in a beautifully themed restaurant would be welcome. It's pricey, especially because the portions are much smaller, but not that out of line with Disney World prices. The meals are sets; you get an hors d'oeuvre, soup or salad, entree and dessert for between $45-75ish depending on which set you choose.

Here's the menu from Disney's site and a pic someone else took of the menu. The Disney site was in Japanese only but google translated it and there were some pics of the meals:

http://info.tokyodisneyresort.jp/menu/restaurant/c1d4c33a7dc0f87c749a97637cd030f1.html

[​IMG]

And some reviews:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/magellans-review/

https://tdrexplorer.com/magellans-tokyo-disney-sea-review/

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201201/2829/

I'm going to wait until we know more about how our tickets work before doing anything and also try to see if I can find out more information about when parades and evening shows are. An early dinner might avoid conflicts with those and give a rest when it feels like the middle of the night. We arrive late afternoon on Wednesday, so I'm thinking we will do a brief jaunt into Tokyo Disneyland that evening to try to stay awake, spend Thursday at DisneySea, and Friday back at Disneyland. So, Magellan's would be Thursday the 12th. I just wanted to get an idea how many might be interested in joining us.

Laurie

Merry Mousketeer and elcid3 like this.
  15. Ian&Diane

Ian&Diane Earning My Ears

Hi Laurie, thanks for the offer it sounds a great idea, unfortunately we have made a reservation here for the Tuesday to celebrate our anniversary.
    Ian & Diane

Sarabi's Cubs likes this.
  16. christannj

christannj Mouseketeer

This looks amazing....definitely include us and I think that your plan for the parks is exactly what we were thinking. Friday also could be a hopper day since I believe John said that the third day is one, that would allow doing Disneyland and going back to Disney sea to either do or redo something.

Chris

17. Sarabi's Cubs

Exactly what I was thinking, Chris, since DisneySea is supposed to be so beautiful and unique!

18. Micki1014

Micki1014 Earning My Ears

Hi Laurie, This sounds great. JOHN and I are interested in joining you for this. I think the menu sounds awesome and I like your timing suggestions. Keep us posted. Personally
    I want to try the Kirin best squeezed beer!!
    I loved the translations ...lol
    Micki

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 11:20 PM
  19. DisneyKevin

Hi Laurie,

John, Jeff, Val and I would love to join y'all.

Thank you!

OKW Lover and Sarabi's Cubs like this.
  20. elcid3

elcid3 Mouseketeer

Hey Laurie - I need to double check with my two friends I'm meeting in Tokyo but I'm 95% sure I'm in for this. Thanks!

21. Cousin Orville

Quick Crystal Lotus/Country Kitchen note. Everyone that recently asked to join has now been confirmed by the restaurants.

The Crystal Lotus recommended reducing the number of dim sum a little. So, now we have 1 per person of the 3 Little Pigs and 1 per person of the Little Green Men with a dozen or so extra for those that would like a 2nd. Price was reduced to ~HK$271 ($35). All the info is updated on post $623.

elcid3 and Sarabi's Cubs like this.