• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*December 2012 Roll Call* Group TR! A very, merry thread!

Ok I am super cheese ball excited... Booked our October anniversary trip.....

BLT LAKE VIEW!!! So yes, I am a teeny bit bummed about not staying at the Boardwalk.... However... BLT is pretty awesome! Figure, most of our ADR's will be closer to BLT. Artist Point, Narcosse's, Kona (breakfast) We do also want to go to Flying Fish and Kouzzina (for breakfast). So we will take advantage of free Valet parking with the TiW card for those.... :cloud9:

SAT887 said:

BLT LAKE VIEW!!! So yes, I am a teeny bit bummed about not staying at the Boardwalk.... However... BLT is pretty awesome! Figure, most of our ADR's will be closer to BLT. Artist Point, Narcosse's, Kona (breakfast) We do also want to go to Flying Fish and Kouzzina (for breakfast). So we will take advantage of free Valet parking with the TiW card for those.... :cloud9:

Yay! :woohoo:

Yay!!!

LOL!
I'm sure Terri can squeeze in some shopping too!

Terri, you realize we are all taking this trip virtually with you, right? :teeth:

Totally agree. ::yes::

Yay for booking!! BW would be nice for October, but the Contemporary thread is one of the resort threads I lurk on and BLT looks amazing!!!! (And yes I have issues) :lmao:

And a yay for the group chatting again!! I expect details from Terri's May trip and Sarah's Oct trip! And of course everyone's lives. :goodvibes

Totally agree. ::yes::

Yay for booking!! BW would be nice for October, but the Contemporary thread is one of the resort threads I lurk on and BLT looks amazing!!!! (And yes I have issues) :lmao:

And a yay for the group chatting again!! I expect details from Terri's May trip and Sarah's Oct trip! And of course everyone's lives. :goodvibes

It does look awesome - I am actually extremely excited.... :D :D :D I will probably start a PTR soon (since I just finished my Dec TR did a massive 4 day update...just to finish it)- with obsessive dining thoughts (this is so much different because its just DH and I) and MNSSHP and such.... I almost wait listed MK view... Almost... then the frugal part of me kicked in reminding me that I want to take the kiddo in Jan and host another Grand Villa trip in Dec 2014.... :D I seriously have problems too....

So far the best part about planning this trip is DH asked me this morning while I was at work. "How did reservations go" Unfortunately not good because I couldn't get a break in, he even offered to call! He doesn't fully understand DVC so I opted to wait until I got home where we made the ultimate choice of BLT..... :dance3:

And yes, super :yay: to group chatting again! I really loved our daily banter and well... I have yet to find a group to fill the void that has been created :rolleyes1

It does look awesome - I am actually extremely excited.... :D :D :D I will probably start a PTR soon (since I just finished my Dec TR did a massive 4 day update...just to finish it)- with obsessive dining thoughts (this is so much different because its just DH and I) and MNSSHP and such.... I almost wait listed MK view... Almost... then the frugal part of me kicked in reminding me that I want to take the kiddo in Jan and host another Grand Villa trip in Dec 2014.... :D I seriously have problems too....

So far the best part about planning this trip is DH asked me this morning while I was at work. "How did reservations go" Unfortunately not good because I couldn't get a break in, he even offered to call! He doesn't fully understand DVC so I opted to wait until I got home where we made the ultimate choice of BLT..... :dance3:

And yes, super :yay: to group chatting again! I really loved our daily banter and well... I have yet to find a group to fill the void that has been created :rolleyes1

You can always go to the TOWL to see the MK view,right? The LV pics I have seen are awesome! So pretty and peaceful. Almost like a beach vacation combined with Disney. :beach:

Nice that DH showed interest. :thumbsup2

I know what you mean. The 2014 thread has nice people, I am sure, but it just isnt the same. We were definitely an abnormal group....in many ways. :lmao:

You can always go to the TOWL to see the MK view,right? The LV pics I have seen are awesome! So pretty and peaceful. Almost like a beach vacation combined with Disney. :beach:

Nice that DH showed interest. :thumbsup2

I know what you mean. The 2014 thread has nice people, I am sure, but it just isnt the same. We were definitely an abnormal group....in many ways. :lmao:

Hehe yes Abnormal :) :duck:

I'm starting to think I'm completely incapable of planning a Disney trip without going all out.
So now I'm into full touring plan mode for a two-day trip. On the plus side, the only things I'm actually paying for are the convention and the meals. And the stupid luggage fee because I'll have a suitcase full of paint and spray ink that has to be checked. Oh, and the Photopass CD - I might have pre-ordered that too. See, I told you I went overboard. :rotfl2:
Wow, that is a lot of planning for a two day trip! Sounds exciting though! I'll be following along in the TR ... ;)

I stayed at BLT and BWV, and BLT won hands down ... BWV is what DH wanted for the location for our next trip, but even he had to admit the parking/room/views were so superior at BLT that we should stay there. You're going to love it seeing the castle every time you get on the elevator. It was breathtaking every time.pixiedust:

taaren said:
I stayed at BLT and BWV, and BLT won hands down ... BWV is what DH wanted for the location for our next trip, but even he had to admit the parking/room/views were so superior at BLT that we should stay there. You're going to love it seeing the castle every time you get on the elevator. It was breathtaking every time.pixiedust:

I know I will have no issue loving it. :) just was looking forward to food & WINE and just having a short walk back ;)

I'm starting to think I'm completely incapable of planning a Disney trip without going all out. This trip in May wasn't even supposed to be a Disney trip. It was supposed to be a trip to Scrapbook Expo with my Mom. (And that only because the Great American Scrapbook Convention cancelled their show here.) Then it turned into 2-days scrapbooking and 1 at Epcot. (Because this AP is burning a hole in my pocket.) Then the convention classes turned out to be unimpressive, so it became 1 day scrapbooking and 2 at Epcot for Flower & Garden. Now it's 1 day scrapbooking, 1 at Epcot for Flower & Garden and 1 at MK. Plus I may have added a "break" at 1900 Park Fare. And, of course, since I've never been to a restaurant that serves the Glass Slipper Dessert before, it would be crazy not to do that... well, you get the idea. :rolleyes1

So now I'm into full touring plan mode for a two-day trip. On the plus side, the only things I'm actually paying for are the convention and the meals. And the stupid luggage fee because I'll have a suitcase full of paint and spray ink that has to be checked. Oh, and the Photopass CD - I might have pre-ordered that too. See, I told you I went overboard. :rotfl2:

I did this to DH in January. We were supposed to go to Orlando, and go to Sea World and maybe Universal. Well, that turned into staying at POFQ, doing 1 day at Sea World and 3 at the parks!

Valgoof said:
But will there be gifts involved? :goodvibes

Not in the usual sense, since its just me and my parents. But I've already planned a shopping list to bring presents home. ;-)

mom2travel said:
LOL!
I'm sure Terri can squeeze in some shopping too!

Terri, you realize we are all taking this trip virtually with you, right? :teeth:

I'm really glad I posted here. I know it's kind of off topic but its so fun to "see" everyone again. :-)

SAT887 said:

Awesome! I love the boardwalk location but BLT is the resort I've always wanted to stay at.

So I've spent the past couple days reading all the food reviews for Flower & Garden. I'm rating them like I do for Food & Wine. There's only so much we can eat in one day so have to plan out all the "must try". So far it looks pretty good. I'm not much into gardening but I'm looking forward to the Festival. And at least I should come home with some gorgeous pictures.

Tltorrez said:
I'm really glad I posted here. I know it's kind of off topic but its so fun to "see" everyone again. :-)

Did we ever stay on topic?? I agree as well though :goodvibes

Tltorrez said:
Awesome! I love the boardwalk location but BLT is the resort I've always wanted to stay at.

Yeah we will just have to save BWV for another trip. We looked at some you tube videos and I'm excited! Now of course after leaning away from MNSSHP I'm debating it ;)

Tltorrez said:
So I've spent the past couple days reading all the food reviews for Flower & Garden. I'm rating them like I do for Food & Wine. There's only so much we can eat in one day so have to plan out all the "must try". So far it looks pretty good. I'm not much into gardening but I'm looking forward to the Festival. And at least I should come home with some gorgeous pictures.

I want to go during flower and garden- it looks so beautiful!'

SAT887 said:
Did we ever stay on topic?? I agree as well though :goodvibes

Yeah we will just have to save BWV for another trip. We looked at some you tube videos and I'm excited! Now of course after leaning away from MNSSHP I'm debating it ;)

I want to go during flower and garden- it looks so beautiful!'

Part of what I love about this group is the weaving of "off-topic" every day life into Disney talk :-)

The Contemporary is one of our favorite resorts (though we did really like BWI too). Being in the backyard of the MK is just magic pixiedust:

The only time I've been to MNSSHP was when DH & I did a trip just the 2 of us a couple years ago. We had tons of fun! Ok, here comes the Dec-DISer peer pressure... DO IT!!!! ;)

Flower & garden is great. It's so cool to see what ideas they come up with! That would be an excellent time to stay at bwv!

Part of what I love about this group is the weaving of "off-topic" every day life into Disney talk :-)

I thought it made it more "friend" like.... Rather than just pure Disney vacation planning :)

The Contemporary is one of our favorite resorts (though we did really like BWI too). Being in the backyard of the MK is just magic pixiedust:

The only time I've been to MNSSHP was when DH & I did a trip just the 2 of us a couple years ago. We had tons of fun! Ok, here comes the Dec-DISer peer pressure... DO IT!!!! ;)

I agree! I am getting more and more excited... We have mostly stayed at OKW, for the size and points and it being what I was used to since my parents always vacationed there (also home resort....) and I love it, but the excitement of trying somewhere new... Hmm its awesome! We did MNSSHP as well and had a blast (it was a date night)... I guess I will have to see how the calendar is when it comes out and then see how it works out... It could be fun since MVMCP was a complete bust for me because I was so sick :scared:

Hi All:

I'm glad to see that this thread is moving along again. And I swear, once I get my PP CD, my TR will be forth coming.

But I wanted to share a story with you that I posted on my Boston Bruins thread. You can skip the 1st part if you want. It is a review of the B's/Flyers game from Saturday (B's won 3-0 by the way). But the second part has to do with events that happened before and after the game. It demonstrates the goodness of strangers; and how a dark moment cannot put a blemish of how fortunate we are and can be.

It is post #76 (top of the page) pg. 6

Please, CLICK HERE

BDL said:
Hi All:

I'm glad to see that this thread is moving along again. And I swear, once I get my PP CD, my TR will be forth coming.

But I wanted to share a story with you that I posted on my Boston Bruins thread. You can skip the 1st part if you want. It is a review of the B's/Flyers game from Saturday (B's won 3-0 by the way). But the second part has to do with events that happened before and after the game. It demonstrates the goodness of strangers; and how a dark moment cannot put a blemish of how fortunate we are and can be.

It is post #76 (top of the page) pg. 6

Please, CLICK HERE

What a great surprise birthday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter