*December 2012 Roll Call* Group TR! A very, merry thread!

Valgoof said:
Our plan for our next trip was Feb 2015 or 2016. DH just told me that he thinks we should go in December since we like it so much. I said, thats fine with me. Which year? He says well you dont have enough vacation time so we cant go this year, so I think we should go next year. Um...ok. I will gladly move up my Disney trip. Hmmm...I guess he does like it after all. :rotfl:

Yay!! :cool1:

Valgoof said:
Our plan for our next trip was Feb 2015 or 2016. DH just told me that he thinks we should go in December since we like it so much. I said, thats fine with me. Which year? He says well you dont have enough vacation time so we cant go this year, so I think we should go next year. Um...ok. I will gladly move up my Disney trip. Hmmm...I guess he does like it after all. :rotfl:

Yaaay!!

Our meal at Be Our Guest

Croque Monsier: Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese with Pommes Frites
Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style): eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beans jardiniere

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake: vanilla sponge cake, strawbery mousse filling, and cream cheese icing

Chocolate Cream Puff: filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream
Your pictures are making me hungry! Want to eat there again ... we enjoyed the steak sandwich, but now I want the Braised Pork! DH wants to go all quick service next trip to save money, he enjoyed the restaurants, but said we spent way more than he wanted to (even though I pre-planned the meal budget).
:banana:
There are so many options, you can't go wrong! :-)
Exactly! And thank!

My fave meal was California Grill
Coming in 2nd Le Cellier (reviews for both will be coming up in my current dining review)

We have a trip booked for Oct for F&W and MNSSHP. DH has requested LC again for that trip.

I am also in the early planning stages of a suprise Anniversary trip for DH & I for next year -- probably late July (have to work around his schedule & doing a summer trip I can guarantee someone can stay with the kids).

Congrats!!!

You should check out the 2014 thread. It's already starting to look a December 2012 Roll Call reunion.

Congrats!!!

You should check out the 2014 thread. It's already starting to look a December 2012 Roll Call reunion.

I saw one and posted on it and then realized the OP started it in Feb of 2012. :confused3

Hi everyone! :wave2:
I hope all our friends in Nemo's path are safe & warm.

We're dry here & I'm readying myself to get organized for DD's 13th birthday party tonight - 8 teens sleeping over party: I can't believe my baby is a teenager! :faint:

Hi everyone! :wave2:
I hope all our friends in Nemo's path are safe & warm.

We're dry here & I'm readying myself to get organized for DD's 13th birthday party tonight - 8 teens sleeping over party: I can't believe my baby is a teenager! :faint:

Well over 2' of snow. 3 trips of shovelling for a total of 7 hrs. And finally BDLsgal and I are inside and making choc chip cookies.

BDL said:
Well over 2' of snow. 3 trips of shovelling for a total of 7 hrs. And finally BDLsgal and I are inside and making choc chip cookies.

Guess you don't want to hear it 55 and sunny here? But good news, all that shoveling means those cookies have no calories.

BDL said:

Homemade cookies sounds much better than shoveling! Hope the rest of the dig-out goes quickly and easily :goodvibes:

Y'all will be amused to hear that DD & her friends are eating breakfast while discussing everything they love about WDW & DL :teeth:
I knew the were good kids!

Y'all will be amused to hear that DD & her friends are eating breakfast while discussing everything they love about WDW & DL :teeth:
I knew the were good kids!

So great to hear that teenagers still love Disney - many kids are so jaded now that they think its uncool to still love WDW. Happy birthday to your daughter :goodvibes

Maddie's Nana said:
So great to hear that teenagers still love Disney - many kids are so jaded now that they think its uncool to still love WDW. Happy birthday to your daughter :goodvibes

Thanks!

:wave2:Everybody! I miss chatting with you guys, though I wouldn't have much time to even if we were all super active because life is crazy busy lately.

Finally got my Photopass+ pictures in, and wanted to post some of my "themed" pictures. First up, one that kind of sums up the trip, needs a backstory.

The two youngest boys are almost five and barely six. They decided to make a squinty smile instead of a "real" smile for almost every picture we tried to take of them asking them to make "nice" regular faces. So one night it was late in MK and we were tired and the adults decided we needed a squinty-eyed mushy-faced picture, too.
Photo0190FourBySix.jpg

And that was most of the trip, just a bunch of parents enjoying being goofy together (while making sure the kids had a good time too, sometimes).

taaren said:
:wave2:Everybody! I miss chatting with you guys, though I wouldn't have much time to even if we were all super active because life is crazy busy lately.

Finally got my Photopass+ pictures in, and wanted to post some of my "themed" pictures. First up, one that kind of sums up the trip, needs a backstory.

The two youngest boys are almost five and barely six. They decided to make a squinty smile instead of a "real" smile for almost every picture we tried to take of them asking them to make "nice" regular faces. So one night it was late in MK and we were tired and the adults decided we needed a squinty-eyed mushy-faced picture, too.

And that was most of the trip, just a bunch of parents enjoying being goofy together (while making sure the kids had a good time too, sometimes).

I miss everyone too :sad:

I love the picture! My 3 year old gave us all these weird faces for pictures. Guess she's not big into smiling! We are working on it hehe

taaren said:

SAT887 said:
I miss everyone too :sad:

I love the picture! My 3 year old gave us all these weird faces for pictures. Guess she's not big into smiling! We are working on it hehe

Me too! Was thinking of the group yesterday when I got a notification for a subscribed thread.

Taaren, love the picture. It's those silly moments that we keep fondly in our memories :-)

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm guessing we're all just busy. Will have to have a monthly/quarterly "catch-up"!

As is typical for me, I went into Disney shut down mode after the trip. I did make a photo book of our trip because I had a free coupon that expired at the end of the year. But that's it. I'll post pics of the book.

Things got worse when we decided we can't afford our Oct trip. I'm keeping the room ressies just in case things turn around but right now the trip is off.

On the other hand, I'm heading to Orlando in May to visit my parents and go to Scrapbook Expo. Somehow that turned into 1day at the show plus two at Disney. Funny how that worked out. ;-)

So I'm back in Disney mode and making touring plans. Trying not to get too obsessed. I have too much else going on. But I'll be catching up on the DIS again. Have to make sure I don't miss anything, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter