*December 2012 Roll Call* Group TR! A very, merry thread!

Hi everyone! I was going to post her last week but figured no one was still watching. I've seen a few people around though - on other DIs threads in easywdw and, randomly, on a scrapbooking forum.

So things are good with the family. No major changes. In Dec we booked a Bounceback for Oct but we decided early in the year that we just couldn't afford it. Then I ended up with two Disney days in May, just me and my parents. I was down there anyway, staying at their house, and have an AP so it really wasn't any extra cost. Went to MK and Flower & Garden. It was great.

Then a couple weeks ago I was doing birthday planning for DH (poker in AC) when I realized I had enough airline miles to take DS to Disney for his birthday. Airline miles plus my mom's house plus AP. I won't have to pay for anything but food. If I don't go nuts, I can do that for less than a laser tag birthday party with his friends. So that was a no-brainer. He has a long weekend (conferences and professional day) so we're going the first weekend of Nov. I'm super psyched.

Anyone else have trips on the horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez
I'm on the plane headed to Orlando. I'll be in MK tomorrow and Epcot on Sunday. It's kind of weird staying offsite this time ( at my Mom's house).

I'll be tweeting from the parks (@tltorrez).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
Have an awesome time!!! I'm there in 13 days for a mini trip!

You 2 are both making me jealous. We have to wait til 2014. :hourglass

It will be here before you know it. When in 2014?

We're planning on going in Dec 2014, of course. You silly goose. Is there any other time to go? And, yes, I am on a Dec 2014 thread.

I hope that everyone is well. And having visions of Disney characters danicing in their heads.

I've been so busy since Dec, I hadn't even thought about doing a TR. But then I started following a guy who was in the same boat as me. He was there in Dec 2012, and just started doing his TR last month. If I can follow through with mine, I'll post it here.

Hope to see some of you in Dec 2014.

Wow there is a thread already? Amazing!! I might join it next year. We shall see.

I sure enjoyed my AP usage this past year with Dec, May, last week, and next month. Going to let it run out at the end of the year though. Not sure what WDW will look like for us next year. Maybe take advantage of the FL resident ticket in spring.

DH and I are actually going to be on a Celebrity cruise this exact time next year in Alaska. We are beyond excited. DD will be nearly 4 then and will be with my parents. So it will kinda of be like a 2nd honeymoon (celebrating big big birthdays and nearing our 10th anniversary by then).

Hi everyone! I was going to post her last week but figured no one was still watching. I've seen a few people around though - on other DIs threads in easywdw and, randomly, on a scrapbooking forum.

He has a long weekend (conferences and professional day) so we're going the first weekend of Nov. I'm super psyched.

So happy you get to go in November. That will be an awesome and QUIET time at Disney. What a great way to celebrate a birthday!! pixiedust:

Woah!! I come to check the dis one final time before I leave tomorrow for WDW and the best thread ever is active!!!

Oh and I have a few trips planned... This week, Jan a split between VWL and BLT and of course planning for Dec 2014!!

Hey fellow december 2013 disers! I was so happy to see this thread pop back up!

I have been s-l-o-w-l-y plodding away with my trip report from last year, and counting down to our trip this December! I am signed up for the Dec13 group. The facebook group is busy but there's not much traffic here on the boards. Maybe that will pick up as it gets closer.

I hope you all are having a great year so far, and are busy planning your next trip to our favorite home away from home!

Hi, all. I, too, have been MIA since our trip. Our Disney vacation was nice in some respects, but a disappointment in others. Disney had no fault in that! Let's just say, next time DH and I are going alone! Even though the kids whined and grumbled most of the time, though, they want to know when we're going back. :confused:

Well...I am in Disney withdrawal (currently working on our scrapbook), and last week I started planning a trip for next year's spring break. After toying with the idea of DL, I got a big thumbs down from DH, and, surprisingly, from my friend who is a Disney TA! So we are about to book a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy for April 2014! This will be our first-ever cruise, and we are all excited! In true Disney-planning type-A mode, I have already researched the heck out of it. :teeth:

Haha, now that this thread is active again, I had to find this post and update.

We got back two weeks ago from an impromptu (to me, booked 40 days out) trip to WDW. DH didn't have enough vacation to use, so MIL and I took the kids and stayed at POP, our first time on-site. We spent four days at the parks, two at MK and two at EP. It was a leisurely trip, with afternoon pool-time breaks to keep everybody happy. Would I do it again? Absolutely! The kids were great, MIL kept up with us and rode nearly everything.

Still trying to get away for a couple's-only trip. Trying to get DH to let me book for next October for our 15th anniversary. DH wants to stay at an Epcot-area resort and attend F&W Festival every day. I am on-board with that.

I did finally make a trip report for my December trip. I hope the link is in my sig.

Woah!! I come to check the dis one final time before I leave tomorrow for WDW and the best thread ever is active!!!

You're going tomorrow :eek:

Haha, now that this thread is active again, I had to find this post and update.

We got back two weeks ago from an impromptu (to me, booked 40 days out) trip to WDW.

You've just come back :eek:

I am so behind on the news :sad: :sad:

:wave2: :wave2:
Hello!!!! So wonderful to see you :teeth:

We haven't been to WDW since our Dec '12 trip
but it looks like we might be going next summer (I have been taking my nieces one at a time on a trip of their choice and the next niece to go is leaning towards roller coasters & water slides at Disney!). My parents, who travelled with DD & I last Dec, are headed to the World next Wed for a week.

A semi-cute disney story (or at least sentimental to me)... Our DS headed off to his first year of college a few weeks ago. On the drive there he asked me if I still had the Buzz Lightyear he bought at and carried all around during our entire trip to WDW when he was four. My answer... Of course!! How could I not keep stuffed Buzz?!?! ;)

It's so much fun to be able to catch up with all of you wonderful Dec DISers!!

Hello you!!! :banana: Great to see you!

This year just wasn't gonna happen for us so, we're saving for a big trip next year - 2 weeks AKL 2-bed villa ... planning on September.

Awww, thats a beautiful story! Of course you still had Buzz! That must have been a very special moment for you :hug: Disney really brings family together... we always go with my parents and we have such fun together - 3 generations who were all raised on Disney. We can all remember our first Disney movie - my Mums was Snow White when she was 4 and the witch terrified her and still does 60yrs later LOL

Wow there is a thread already? Amazing!! I might join it next year. We shall see.

I sure enjoyed my AP usage this past year with Dec, May, last week, and next month. Going to let it run out at the end of the year though. Not sure what WDW will look like for us next year. Maybe take advantage of the FL resident ticket in spring.

DH and I are actually going to be on a Celebrity cruise this exact time next year in Alaska. We are beyond excited. DD will be nearly 4 then and will be with my parents. So it will kinda of be like a 2nd honeymoon (celebrating big big birthdays and nearing our 10th anniversary by then).

Have you cruised before? I have been on three of them....but they were all bc (before children)....so we're talking over 20 years ago. lol.....

Funny, dh and I were just on the Adventures by Disney website and we were drooling over those. Has anyone gone on any of those? Then we got started on cruise searching in Europe. Wow! It's closer to reality now since we are basically empty nesters! I'm sure a cruise to Alaska will be awesome. I've heard it's very beautiful.

We are getting APs for Disneyland for our trip in 3 months....so we'll probably end up with a quicky trip back to California in 2014. I mean, gotta get maximum use out of that AP, right? WDW APs are so much more expensive...I've really curious about the CA parks. I know there is no way to compare CA with FL so I'm really looking forward to seeing the differences and appreciating each park for what it is.

:wave2: :wave2:

A semi-cute disney story (or at least sentimental to me)... Our DS headed off to his first year of college a few weeks ago. On the drive there he asked me if I still had the Buzz Lightyear he bought at and carried all around during our entire trip to WDW when he was four. My answer... Of course!! How could I not keep stuffed Buzz?!?! ;)

It's so much fun to be able to catch up with all of you wonderful Dec DISers!!

{{{hugs}}} it's hard to let our little boys go away to college! Mine is a senior this year...and last year after our trip I brought him home a "Woody" doll and he put it on his headboard (but not in his dorm room, here at home).

Hello you!!! :banana: Great to see you!

This year just wasn't gonna happen for us so, we're saving for a big trip next year - 2 weeks AKL 2-bed villa ... planning on September.
That is worth missing a year for! I could sacrifice skipping a year to stay in an AK villa ;)

We're staying the majority of our California trip onsite at Paradise Pier Hotel. It's ending up being comparable in price to POR from last year. Just for fun I priced out staying at the Contemporary....yikes! That's expensive and the Polynesian was worse! :rolleyes1

Then a couple weeks ago I was doing birthday planning for DH (poker in AC) when I realized I had enough airline miles to take DS to Disney for his birthday. Airline miles plus my mom's house plus AP. I won't have to pay for anything but food. If I don't go nuts, I can do that for less than a laser tag birthday party with his friends. So that was a no-brainer. He has a long weekend (conferences and professional day) so we're going the first weekend of Nov. I'm super psyched.

It's even more enjoyable to be able to go to Disney and not spending as much money!

We're planning on going in Dec 2014, of course. You silly goose. Is there any other time to go? And, yes, I am on a Dec 2014 thread.

I've been so busy since Dec, I hadn't even thought about doing a TR. But then I started following a guy who was in the same boat as me. He was there in Dec 2012, and just started doing his TR last month. If I can follow through with mine, I'll post it here.

December is very special! There was talk of a Christmas Party at the California park but rumor has it that it will start next year...which is good since we are spending way more money to stay onsite at DL! The stay this year is costing us more than our trip to WDW cost.....and we still have to pay for food! :confused3

I think I will do a trip report. Now to get the energy. lol

Since a few people have mentioned that they are thinking of going in Dec 2014, HERE is the link to that thread. There are already a couple of us from the 2012 thread (that was oh so expertly chaperoned by Tofubeast), that are on the 2014 thread.

If you're thinking of dabbling, pop on by.

Since a few people have mentioned that they are thinking of going in Dec 2014, HERE is the link to that thread. There are already a couple of us from the 2012 thread (that was oh so expertly chaperoned by Tofubeast), that are on the 2014 thread.

Awwwww thanks! :eeyore:

Have you cruised before? I have been on three of them....but they were all bc (before children)....so we're talking over 20 years ago. lol.....

Funny, dh and I were just on the Adventures by Disney website and we were drooling over those. Has anyone gone on any of those? Then we got started on cruise searching in Europe. Wow! It's closer to reality now since we are basically empty nesters! I'm sure a cruise to Alaska will be awesome. I've heard it's very beautiful.

We are getting APs for Disneyland for our trip in 3 months....so we'll probably end up with a quicky trip back to California in 2014. I mean, gotta get maximum use out of that AP, right? WDW APs are so much more expensive...I've really curious about the CA parks. I know there is no way to compare CA with FL so I'm really looking forward to seeing the differences and appreciating each park for what it is.

I've cruised before, pretty much with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. This will be our 3rd with Celebrity. Although I will miss my child, I am looking forward to some adult time with DH. Ok, that sounds a little.... hahahahahah :love:

Plan to do a Disney cruise in a couple more years when DD is older. They aren't cheap, that's for sure!

Have you been to DL/DCA? You are in for a real treat. Lots to do and see. I grew up in socal, so DL will always be my home park. Yes, it's fun to compare, but both resorts have their own special things about them. Embrace what they are.

If you're thinking of dabbling, pop on by.

I won't be going in Dec 2014 but I think I might just come along for the ride with you guys :thumbsup2

Ok, so I may have just applied for the Disney Mom's panel.

I don't know what I was thinking. I just got done being head of the PTA. I need this like I need a hole in the head.

Fortunately, my chances of getting it are about as good as winning the lottery. Won't keep me from obsessing about it though. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter