DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening everyone from a snow covered Westfield NB. Finally made it home after about 65 hrs of travel time, nice to be back.The guys from work had my driveway plowed, walkways shovled. :thumbsup2.

Wow Rob, That's a crazy long time:crazy: to get home. In a comparison from when I left my house that weekend till I got back home was 68hrs. Your trip home was 3 hrs less then my whole vacation:scared1:.

Morning brethren from a bright but chilly London. Tennis and swimming checked off, on to Canary Wharf this afternoon for Cinema and Sushi with the kids for the Lego movie. If we could all take a moments pause, my espresso machine died this morning. So there's another one turning up tomorrow from that lovely Mr Bezo's shop in the stratosphere. We don't mind spending money on them, even the expensive ones pay back over buying coffee in the Starbucks of this world in about 3 months, between me and the Lady K, and they generally last about 6 years. So its a bit of a no brainer.

Filed my taxes. Owe $1038 to KGB, er um, IRS. Sure, I paid less in Fed taxes than last year - thanks Trump.
I don't get it. Is this the refunds thing that I keep hearing about?

but don't understand how being in debt is good for our country.
A little bit of debt is good, that's activity, but like you say 14 trillion or whatever is a bit tasty.

Have a great Saturday chaps, may your monorail be empty and por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas.

Morning all. Another blizzard has come thru with maybe an 1/8 inch of snow on the grass. We'll be trapped for days, as soon as I get done playing tennis this morning.

Never said it was going to be keto....he's not doing keto.

I can make some pretty good keto stuff...now you have me thinking...I could do a keto biscuit...not sure what it would taste like, but could be done. Biscuits only have 4 ingredients (flour, baking powder, crisco and buttermilk). Substituting almond/coconut flour would make it keto. Now I'm gonna have to give that a shot.

Sometimes, you don't have to try. Don't go messing with biscuits n gravy.

I AM DEFINITELY NOT DOING KATO!!!!

oh. wait.
You said keto...

nevermind.

For enough money, I could be confused for 3 minutes.

Thinking you don't...

::yes::

I don't get it. Is this the refunds thing that I keep hearing about?

A little bit of debt is good, that's activity, but like you say 14 trillion or whatever is a bit tasty.

American tax refund is the white trash lottery. I overpay taxes to the government, giving them an interest free loan on top of how well they already manage my money. Then, the government gives me back my money and I go blow it on carp I don't need.

As for debt, I still don't buy it. When I finish paying off my house, I'm not going to refinance it because I miss making payments on it. Again, I'm just not smart enough to get it.

When I finish paying off my house, I'm not going to refinance it because I miss making payments on it.
But you could refinance it, buy a second house and rent that out because you are leveraging your asset. The economic argument is although you own your house, the money is meaningless unless you realise the asset, which is through sale or inheritance. You're totally right that debt is risk. But risk (sometimes) equals reward. Debt is not inherently bad. IMHO.

Last edited:
Right, so the 2019 Orlando trip is all set. 21st August in the Hard Rock at the Dark Side, 24th to 31st at the Poly, 31st to the 5th Sep in the Don Cesar at St Petes. Any suggestions for either the Dark Side (never been) or St Petes Beach gratefully received.

Morning all, found out that I got a raise at work but it put me in a different tax bracket so I bring home less now while making more. I spent yesterday working on the van as the snow started. Got about 6 inches of snow.

Any suggestions for either the Dark Side (never been)

Not yet. I'll be going in May. Ask me after that.
But, you probably already know you get unlimited express pass since you're staying at Hard Rock.
From what I've read so far, the best dine in restaurants are outside the parks. Either at the resorts or City Walk.

Morning all, found out that I got a raise at work but it put me in a different tax bracket so I bring home less now while making more.

Ummm… congrats???

Got about 6 inches of snow.

Oof! That's a lot in one dumping.

Sometimes, you don't have to try. Don't go messing with biscuits n gravy.

I didn't grow up with biscuits as part of the menu. (Not really a thing in Maine, or maybe not a thing for my SoCal-raised mother.) I have no childhood associations with biscuits.

But I'll say that a good biscuit with good sausage gravy is one of the best foods on this planet.

You don't mess with perfection.

Played well enough at tennis this morning. Won 2 out of 3, so an even matching. Ice and now heat on the knee.

But you could refinance it, buy a second house and rent that out because you are leveraging your asset. The economic argument is although you own your house, the money is meaningless unless you realise the asset, which is through sale or inheritance. You're totally right that debt is risk. But risk (sometimes) equals reward. Debt is not inherently bad. IMHO.

And it is how much risk you can tolerate. In your scenario, I would borrow money against the next house I purchase as opposed to my original home, as then I wouldn't lose the original home.

But, in your scenario, you borrowed money on an asset to buy another asset. Our country is borrowing trillions against future generations to pay for what?

Right, so the 2019 Orlando trip is all set. 21st August in the Hard Rock at the Dark Side, 24th to 31st at the Poly, 31st to the 5th Sep in the Don Cesar at St Petes. Any suggestions for either the Dark Side (never been) or St Petes Beach gratefully received.

We will miss you as the girls will be back in school. My only advice on the dark side is to pay for the Express pass. You get the separate entrance to every ride all day long. And, I 2nd City Walk on places to eat. They have a Margaritaville restaurant with Landshark on draft.

Morning all, found out that I got a raise at work but it put me in a different tax bracket so I bring home less now while making more. I spent yesterday working on the van as the snow started. Got about 6 inches of snow.

Sorry to hear that.

BLASPHEMY! a real biscuit is made with lard ;)

::yes:: And should never be keto reconfigured attempted.

But I'll say that a good biscuit with good sausage gravy is one of the best foods on this planet.

This. ::yes::

Invest more in your 401K (if you have one) or to a Roth IRA. Will drop you back down to the lower tax bracket and you'll get more back

BLASPHEMY! a real biscuit is made with lard ;)
I'm figuring you're probably busting my chops, but my grandma taught me and she'd been making biscuits since she was 7. She used crisco, that's how she taught me and that's how I make 'em.

I didn't grow up with biscuits as part of the menu. (Not really a thing in Maine, or maybe not a thing for my SoCal-raised mother.) I have no childhood associations with biscuits.

Yep. I've made them for groups large and small and had no complaints. The good thing with keto is I can decide to treat myself every so often without leaving ketosis, so biscuits and gravy might be on the menu soon. My mom, brother, SIL and nieces will sure be glad...they love it when I make 'em.

Does being on draft make it taste better?

It's the carbonation. Does McDonald's Coca-Cola taste better than the other places? The answer to both is yes.

I'm figuring you're probably busting my chops, but my grandma taught me and she'd been making biscuits since she was 7. She used crisco, that's how she taught me and that's how I make 'em.

I use crisco when I make stuff, but lard was the original.

Morning boys from the mother country. Over with the in-laws later today, dropping off the kids for a couple of days, as they haven't seen them in a short while.

BLASPHEMY!
All I said that piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah....

But, you probably already know you get unlimited express pass since you're staying at Hard Rock
Cheers bud, yeah we caught that, the uptick in the rate was about $120 a night more than Cabana Bay which is than half of what we would have paid for the pass. Seemed like a no brainer as we are only there a couple of days. We're starting to watch all the you tube stuff, it's like being a Disney virgin again.

Does McDonald's Coca-Cola taste better than the other places? The answer to both is yes.
But nothing beats a cold Coke out of a glass bottle on a hot day, no?

Does being on draft make it taste better?
I think all beer on vacation tastes better Chief.

But, in your scenario, you borrowed money on an asset to buy another asset. Our country is borrowing trillions against future generations to pay for what?
All of their mates to get a bit richer? I do agree with you, Govermental debt is a strange one. Due to the rates in the Marshall Plan in the second world war, the UK paid its last instalment to the US in something like 2010. If we didn't pay it, were you going to repossess London Bridge?

Have a great day chaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter