• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Getting progress report today on FIL from rehab facility and then later this week they are gonna do a home review to figure out what he needs in terms of equipment and therapy to return home and be safe. Gonna be a bit of a struggle as he thinks MIL is just gonna do everything for him - she's 82 coming off hip surgery (doing great) and she is not a trained care giver. He thinks he's gonna go home and push a button while just sitting on his backside so gonna be some more tough love me thinks.

praying

giphy.gif
... and I was surprised that I could read what you wrote, every letter...

I have my ways...

hmmm... you're on vacation... at Disney... is that really such a bad thing?

I guess not, but we really want her to expand her horizons. Show her there's good food beyond hot dogs and mac & cheese. She's really interested in cooking and loves watching the Food Network, but would never eat most of what they show on there. lol

TL

Morning boys from a murky London. Steakhouse in the city tonight with the Lady K. Maybe a cheeky bourbon cocktail. Who's in?

Morning all. That weekend lasted 2 seconds.
All the best stuff does mate ;)
For the love of god, go out out to Citywalk to eat.
We quickly came to that conclusion after watching a few YT videos. Cheers buddy.
I had heard that breakfast was a better bang for your buck.
Only really if you look at from a price point vs a 1TS credit, That overlooks the fact how they get away with charging $25 for a couple of pastries and bad eggs.
When it's a 3 day weekend, or you're retired. ;)
Or in the landing zone of a SAHD.
Yes, McDonald's cokes. I don't know if it is the same worldwide, but coke ships out differently, McDonald's stores it differently, and it is mixed differently.
That must be a US thing, I've always found Maccy D's coke to be a bit flat TBH. That might have something to do with me being more concerned about my fingernails in the floor tile as my youngest has dragged my in there by my shoes.
Getting progress report today on FIL from rehab facility and then later this week they are gonna do a home review to figure out what he needs in terms of equipment and therapy to return home and be safe
All the best mate, hope you had a good day yesterday.
I'm all for meeting folks from the other side of the pond.
:thumbsup2 Lets try and make it happen.
She's really interested in cooking and loves watching the Food Network, but would never eat most of what they show on there. lol
We are in the same place with my 5 yo. My boy is a lovely eater, he'd eat a pig's ar$e if I cooked it slow enough, but she's a bit more picky. Hopefully its just a phase.

Have a great day chaps, may your Lapu Lapu be on Mickey.

:thumbsup2 Lets try and make it happen.

Sounds like a plan!

We are in the same place with my 5 yo. My boy is a lovely eater, he'd eat a pig's ar$e if I cooked it slow enough, but she's a bit more picky. Hopefully its just a phase.
My brother, Katoot here on the boards, was a super picky eater when he was a kid. Literally, the only things he would eat was cheese pizza and chicken nuggets. Now he eats kim chee and fried scorpion and stuff I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot spoon.

TL

Interesting that so many are recommending lunch, I had heard that breakfast was a better bang for your buck. We have been leaning towards lunch, just because, but my eldest is a picky eater and I'm not sure if there is enough choices for her on the adult menu. (I know she can pick from the kids menu, but we don't want her to know that, otherwise all she'll eat is chicken nuggets the whole trip.)

My daughter is like that as well. (Some days it feels like she lives on breaded chicken, ramen, and Nutella.) She liked the Croque Monsieur quite a bit.

It's not like there's a lack of other places at WDW that serve chicken nuggets/strips.

I'm sorry...since when do those two words go together?????

Same as military intelligence.
:lmao:

Like jumbo shrimp, you oxymoron. :lmao:

That doesn't sound good either. Never a good thing when the sandbags come out. Was the county giving away the sand too? As in "Here's the bags, there's the sand to fill them with."
or are they already filled? Or... ?

Sand too. Although, I don't know if they were filled already or self-fill. I assumed it was a drive and load already filled bags.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Getting progress report today on FIL from rehab facility and then later this week they are gonna do a home review to figure out what he needs in terms of equipment and therapy to return home and be safe. Gonna be a bit of a struggle as he thinks MIL is just gonna do everything for him - she's 82 coming off hip surgery (doing great) and she is not a trained care giver. He thinks he's gonna go home and push a button while just sitting on his backside so gonna be some more tough love me thinks.

That is a tough one. Continued prayers for you all. As we start new Florida home/ condo planning in the next few years, we've agreed to make the place as disability ready as possible.

Morning boys from a murky London. Steakhouse in the city tonight with the Lady K. Maybe a cheeky bourbon cocktail. Who's in?

Sounds great. Jumping in the car now. I'll be there as soon as that bridge is finished.

I guess not, but we really want her to expand her horizons. Show her there's good food beyond hot dogs and mac & cheese. She's really interested in cooking and loves watching the Food Network, but would never eat most of what they show on there. lol

TL

Give her time. Things will change. Don’t sweat it. :)

Steakhouse in the city tonight with the Lady K. Maybe a cheeky bourbon cocktail. Who's in?

:wave: You deliver, right?

When it's a 3 day weekend, or you're retired. ;)
Sure, rub that retired thing in (go ahead swing away boys)
Count me and DW in sounds great! Catching a flight now :-)
All the best mate, hope you had a good day yesterday.
Thanks and thanks. Some of the soccer parents got together and we went out Saturday and had a good time. Yesterday was just eehh, as first birthday without either one of the kids being home though DD is coming in this week for a couple of days to check in on the goings on and putting her nursing skills to the test with FIL.
Have a great day chaps, may your Lapu Lapu be on Mickey.
Cheers back at ya
Oh, sucks to be you... :duck:
There you go with that retired thing again...............................

We have a similar forecast here - lots of rain on already soggy and river filled areas. The county was giving away sandbags a few weeks ago for residents to try and prevent flooding. Good luck.

Best wishes. As we say over here...Turn around, don't drown.

I am sorry to hear all that Shawn... I'm be pring for you and I give you permission to change your avatar back to...

joealb.gif

Not that bad yet. Hopefully this will be a 48 hour attack and be done.

Sounds great. Jumping in the car now. I'll be there as soon as that bridge is finished.

Count me and DW in sounds great! Catching a flight now :-)...
If this swings the deal this is a pound and a half of Nebraska’s finest that I just worked through. And a little creamed spinach with Gruyere.....
upload_2019-2-18_20-27-20.jpeg

Top O the Mornin Dads! Getting progress report today on FIL from rehab facility and then later this week they are gonna do a home review to figure out what he needs in terms of equipment and therapy to return home and be safe. Gonna be a bit of a struggle as he thinks MIL is just gonna do everything for him - she's 82 coming off hip surgery (doing great) and she is not a trained care giver. He thinks he's gonna go home and push a button while just sitting on his backside so gonna be some more tough love me thinks..
praying it all comes together well. Aging parents are a challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter