DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Turning out to be a nice day. One more errand and then I may sit on my now branchless deck, enjoy the sun and read. Don't need to watch the Patriots.

Fall has definitely hit up here with temps overnight in the low single digits. The days have started to stay on the cool side as well.

No thanks.

How did you manage to convince her????

They had an opening and talked her into moving in. Doubt it was a long talk.

Tripple Woot!

Morning dads, from Wembley...a bit overcast here. Having a cheeky beer in the tailgate, a bit of hair of the dog. Looking forward to abusing Cutler.

The offense deserved all your jeers, sorry they didn't make it a watchable game.

I have been enjoying the demise of UT VOLS fans this year. Hope all are having a good weekend and that Norm is enjoying his birthday weekend.

UT and FSU fans.

Best of luck to PP, I'm sure Dad will still be a bit of a "safety net" as needed.

Fly little birdie, time to leave the nest. I'll make sure she doesn't starve and has health insurance but no more, "I need new running shoes." This is on a 3 month trial so we will see what happens.

Evening boys, just got back. At least the Dolphins will go down in history as the only team not to trouble the London scorer (sorry CJ)
Today is also move out day for the Pirate Princess
All the best to the PP, and well done on exiting the pooch.
I may sit on my now branchless deck, enjoy the sun and read
Nice.
I need to talk DD into making more friends.
:rotfl:
The offense deserved all your jeers, sorry they didn't make it a watchable game.
How that guy is ever considered a franchise QB is absolutely beyond me. His play calling is shocking. His delivery is hardly ever there. His hand offs I could read from row 11 in the stands.

Morning gents.

Well, crap.
I woke up half an hour before my 5am alarm... and... that was it. I'm up.
Then again, the guy on the midnight shift that I relieved an hour early was pretty happy about it.

Hope everyone else got some sleep!

I hate it when that happens. :furious:

Today is also move out day for the Pirate Princess. She is going a couple of miles away to share a house with some fellow grad students. She really can't afford it but she is a grown up and will have to deal with it. The best news is THE MUTT I DID NOT WANT IS GOING WITH HER! That was rule 1 for her to leave. No more feeding, letting it out, chasing him around the neighborhood when he crawls out under the fence and sweeping up dog hair. It is going to be nice.

Glad to hear you are losing the mutt. Since she can't afford it, will you be paying for the new place?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, sounds like Cj is. I expect to see some football pictures from Dan soon. Norm I hope your birthday celebrations weren't too wild.

Old. Fat. Married. Nothing is too wild here. :sad2: :lmao:

How did you manage to convince her????

uh... asking for a friend.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Morning dads, from Wembley...a bit overcast here. Having a cheeky beer in the tailgate, a bit of hair of the dog. Looking forward to abusing Cutler. If anyone wants to do some Disdad spotting, I'm at the 10 yard line in the front row, on the Dolphins side. Wearing a Bears away Tommie Harris jersey. Have a great day chaps. CJ, Doc, if you want a programme or anything let me know.

I was working, so I didn't see you. Just think I heckled you though anyway.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had some friends over yesterday and had some surf and turf. DS is home working on redoing his room, rearranging and prepping to paint. Reminded him that the room should not be a long term plan for hom - lol. Dan enjoy the game and CJ congrats on your Gators - I have been enjoying the demise of UT VOLS fans this year. Hope all are having a good weekend and that Norm is enjoying his birthday weekend.

Still enjoying, albeit I had to work today. This is the first birthday i've worked on a Sunday in 20+ years. It was an adjustment. Still, I have time to make up the missed alcohol consumption this evening.

Cheers mate. Always had Defence jerseys. My favourite one was my Singletary, but one of my exes stole it. To be fair though, it looked way better in her than it did on me.....

And, it looked better not on her. :bored:

Last edited:
Work day done. Did my usual programs and website posting. The church decided to do a block party, but I guess decided not to have any volunteers for set-up. So, there was one woman older than me, who was the sole volunteer, hauling out tables. So, I went and did the set-up work for them. That isn't my area and clearly, the other employee responsible dropped the ball. However, they weren't going to face the consequence, and I couldn't let this poor woman lug it all herself. It seems like the same crap happens everywhere.

Fly little birdie, time to leave the nest. I'll make sure she doesn't starve and has health insurance but no more, "I need new running shoes." This is on a 3 month trial so we will see what happens.

Congratulations. However, I seriously doubt that you will turn her away from a new pair of running shoes or any other request she makes of you.

Be careful what you wish for. She can make more friends that encourage her to mooch off you.

How that guy is ever considered a franchise QB is absolutely beyond me. His play calling is shocking. His delivery is hardly ever there. His hand offs I could read from row 11 in the stands.

And how many millions did he get for this year?

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. And belated happy birthday to Norm!

I had a busy weekend helping a friend move. I promised to give him my Saturday, which I did and moved all the heavy stuff like couches and dressers. But he didn't have it planned very well and had a lot of little things left all around the house. I ended up going back to help today against my better judgement. Without my help he was kind of screwed (had to be out today). But at the same time I felt I had done my duty Saturday. DW was not impressed I spent all weekend away from home. Neither was I, really. Oh well, it's done now.

Fall has definitely hit up here with temps overnight in the low single digits. The days have started to stay on the cool side as well.
Yep it's getting down to those temps at night here too. Nice sunny afternoon here though, could manage to wear a t-shirt outdoors. Well, for us Canadians it was t-shirt weather. Our friends in the south may have needed touques and parkas if they had the same temps :laughing:

It's 2:53 am, do you know where your children are? Hopefully Mr. Sandman will show up in about an hour.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. And belated happy birthday to Norm!

I had a busy weekend helping a friend move. I promised to give him my Saturday, which I did and moved all the heavy stuff like couches and dressers. But he didn't have it planned very well and had a lot of little things left all around the house. I ended up going back to help today against my better judgement. Without my help he was kind of screwed (had to be out today). But at the same time I felt I had done my duty Saturday. DW was not impressed I spent all weekend away from home. Neither was I, really. Oh well, it's done now.

Yep it's getting down to those temps at night here too. Nice sunny afternoon here though, could manage to wear a t-shirt outdoors. Well, for us Canadians it was t-shirt weather. Our friends in the south may have needed touques and parkas if they had the same temps :laughing:
If not for Bob & Doug, I would have needed to do a web search for touque. Almost never gets that cold here...although the winter coat with a hood is good.

'Morning all...
Fourth Quarter of 2017 has begun.
How exactly did that happen so quickly?

Today is also move out day for the Pirate Princess. She is going a couple of miles away to share a house with some fellow grad students. She really can't afford it but she is a grown up and will have to deal with it. The best news is THE MUTT I DID NOT WANT IS GOING WITH HER!
There's a lot of wins in that post.
They may well be temporary ones, but wins none the less.

Yup. Just had the "I'm all grown up, so treat me like an adult" chat with my oldest.
Okay.
But it won't be cheap. :rolleyes:
You want total freedom…
Or access to Dad’s wallet?
Your choice, kid.

Don't need to watch the Patriots.
That was my job.
I was surprisingly pleased with the outcome.

It was an unusually good weekend for ball games in my house this time around.
(well, excluding the Phins, but that’s been happening so long now we’ve become fairly numb.)

They had an opening and talked her into moving in. Doubt it was a long talk.
Hasn’t shifted to thinking with her wallet rather than her heart as of yet, I take it.

Be careful what you wish for. She can make more friends that encourage her to mooch off you.
Dang it! Nooooo!!!!
:lmao:

Work day done. Did my usual programs and website posting. The church decided to do a block party, but I guess decided not to have any volunteers for set-up. So, there was one woman older than me, who was the sole volunteer, hauling out tables. So, I went and did the set-up work for them. That isn't my area and clearly, the other employee responsible dropped the ball. However, they weren't going to face the consequence, and I couldn't let this poor woman lug it all herself. It seems like the same crap happens everywhere.
That stuff only goes on in the places where you encounter other humans.
Figure out how to get rid of them, and you’ll be better off.

At least you were there to be the outlier and actually do the right thing.

Look at it this way: you have friends to do for.
I don’t really have any these days.

Of course, this seems to have worked better for him then you this time ‘round, so I’m not entirely certain which of us in in the better situation here.

Yep it got down into the 40’s here (that’s around 9 for y’all).
It was sooooo cold that…
I didn’t roll up my sleeves until I got to work.

The coats will be lonely in the closet for a while yet.
(for DW the story isn’t quite the same, but that’s a different discussion)

It's 2:53 am, do you know where your children are?
180 miles to the northwest.
And still living off my dime.

Hopefully Mr. Sandman will show up in about an hour.
Do hope you finally got a bit of shuteye though.

Morning folks.
Work.

That is all.
And that’s more than enough.
I’m already in need of some more time out’a here.

Happy belated birthday Norm.

Happy belated PP move out day CJ.

Dan, thanks for the offer, but football wasn't even on my mind yesterday nor was the Dis. Did a ton of work in the yard on Saturday, pressure washing desk, cleaning gutters, etc.. Was pretty sore, so church, nap, AWANA, dinner, crash & burn. Didn't even watch the Cubs game although at this point, game doesn't matter.

Just saw on the news.

My God. What is happening to our world? My deepest condolences to the family and friends of the victims. Thoughts and prayers for all my American friends who are undoubtedly touched by the events in Las Vegas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter