DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sore throat has progressed to stuffy nose and cough. Not the worst "dose" I've had but still sucks. The kids are nearly better at least.

500 below (-266 C): Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
I wonder, could it ever happen. Ever? In some alternate universe or something? In not a huge Leafs fan but can any team be so bad for so long?

Fantastic effort on the temperature conversions!

Morning, centurions.

Day 4. Went to a school function and may be doing the PTA. Started to work through the DWs jobs list, kicking off with making the props for the Halloween party. Last day but one with 003.5, as she goes full time from Monday. Going over the park and the playground as its pretty nice in London today. Have a great day all. Go Cubbies.

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'm gonna go ahead and declare that Darcy won the internet for the rest of the week.:rotfl2:

'Morning all...
Gonn'a be a bit of a scorcher down here to day.
The translations for that would go like this:

Via the South'rn Scale = WDW in July
via the London Scale = WDW in July
Via the Miami Scale = Summer is coming
and...
via the Canadian Scale (which has no entries above +19c and as such defaults to) = Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear. People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.

In not a huge Leafs fan but can any team be so bad for so long?

St. Louis Blues - Same 50 years as the Leafs (and no championships ever)

The Chicago Cubs went 108 years.
Cleveland Indians now hold the MLB drought record at 69 years.
NFL's Arizona Cardinals haven't garnered a championship in 70 years
NBA? For the Sacramento Kings it's been 66 years

I'd say they've got company (and it could be worse)

Went to a school function and may be doing the PTA.
You in the PTA?
The commentary that will be resulting from that should be quite entertaining.

Morning gents.

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'm gonna go ahead and declare that Darcy won the internet for the rest of the week.:rotfl2:

::yes::

St. Louis Blues - Same 50 years as the Leafs (and no championships ever)

The Chicago Cubs went 108 years.
Cleveland Indians now hold the MLB drought record at 69 years.
NFL's Arizona Cardinals haven't garnered a championship in 70 years
NBA? For the Sacramento Kings it's been 66 years

I knew there were worse cases out there. Thanks for doing the research.

Top O the Mornin Dads and a very happy Friday Eve! Thoroughly enjoyed the Cubs division clinch in Bush Stadium. After all the years of them kicking our backside and their clubs arrogance (not their fans, I respect them) not only is this 3 year run great but knowing the Cubs should be relative for several years here made my day.
Morning, centurions.

Day 4. Went to a school function and may be doing the PTA. Started to work through the DWs jobs list, kicking off with making the props for the Halloween party. Last day but one with 003.5, as she goes full time from Monday. Going over the park and the playground as its pretty nice in London today. Have a great day all. Go Cubbies.
Can't wait to hear your tales from PTA interactions - just keep the Disney character references on Fridays here as I am not sure the other moms and lady teachers would find them as funny as we do.

If there are any Drs on this list (not counting my nickname), sorry in advance...

I despise doctors as well. They feel it's okay to make you wait hours on end, but if you're late they want to charge you an arm and a leg. I realize you went to medical school, but I'M THE BEVERLY CUSTOMER!!!! If I'm supposed to be on time, it's only proper you should be as well. I left once and they said I'd be charged a no show. I looked at the receptionist and said I've shown for the last 2 hours, it's the doctor who didn't show, send me a check for their no show fee and walked out.

That's because the government started this crap by marrying health care and health insurance. Sure, a health insurance program (Medicare) made sense in 1965, when eligibility was 65 and life expectancy was 67. But, it just covered hospital stays. Now, it's so intertwined that people can't tell the difference, and it is why the system doesn't work.

So, does anyone else get the "back to school" plague? Without fail every year two or three weeks after school starts (ie. now) the entire house comes down with a cold. Both DDs were in bed with fever, sore throats and stuffy nose this past weekend. I felt the dreaded sore throat coming on last night and it's progressed through the day. Having too busy a week at work to take a sick day, but I may need to, depending how things go.

Our temp today was pretty much in the middle, 19C when I got off work (I'm too tired to translate that), but it was cloudy and threatened rain. I managed to get a few porkchops on the grill for supper. It's cooling off a bit over the next few days.

I saw all the shows until this past season. When I worked overseas the episodes could be...ahem...aquired for free. I don't do that kind of thing at home, I just don't want the risk getting a nasty-gram from the cable company about illegal downloads. So I didn't see this season either. I wasn't that broken up about it.

My oldest is a hypochondriac, so she gets everything. Going thru it with allergies right now.

Morning, my hairy chested brethren. All is well in London. Day 3. 003.5 got a right rollicking last night after swimming for not listening to her teacher. Another 4 miles running done today. As of next week the little one is at school full time, so I'll have 6 hours on my hands.

That's because y'all are so friendly.

But how would you know what to order from your Doctor?

"Dad's Place. Stay a while. Just don't touch the thermostat." Can I be head of marketing?

I'd see a doctor about that CJ.

Without Jinxing it, not really. They tend to pick up the snots from soft play places. Those things are like putrefaction dishes. Hope you feel better.

Oh fine, break the law in my jurisdiction.

May your day be full of fast passes and dole whips.

Hairy chested brethren? Did you post spy cams everywhere, 007? :scared1: :lmao:

Well, that would be a US guide line based on a South'rn point of view.
I'll clarify it a mite...

45c = 113 (Death Valley)
40c = 104 (Triple digits)
35c = 95 (WDW in July)
30c = 86 (Mid-80s)
25c = 77 (Picnic & BBQ weather)
20c = 68 (the Leaves should be turning)
15c = 59 (Good sleepin' weather)
10c = 50 (long sleeves in the morning)
5c = 41 (Might want to grab a jacket)
0c = 32 (Ice)

Numbers are good, but the descriptions seemed easier to remember
What would your conversions be?

More stats from stats. I guess you missed it, didn't you? I like the descriptions as well, but I'll still need a future conversion/ translation guide.

Canadian perspective:

• 70 above (+19 deg. Celsius): Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear. People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.
  • 60 above (+14 C): North Carolinians try to turn on the heat. People in Canada plant gardens.
  • 50 above (+9 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Canada sunbathe.
  • 40 above (+4 C): Italian and English cars won't start. People in Canada drive with the windows down.
  • 32 above (0 C): Distilled water freezes. Lake Superior's water gets thicker.
  • 20 above (-6 C): Floridians put on coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.
  • 15 above (-8.5 C): Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets cold.
  • 0 degrees (-18 C): People in Miami all die. Canadians lick the flagpole.
  • 20 below (-26 C): Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Canada get out their winter coats.
  • 40 below (-36 C): Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Guides in Canada re selling cookies door to door.
  • 60 below (-46 C): Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
  • 80 below (-56 C): Mt. St. Helens freezes. People in Canada rent some videos.
  • 100 below (-66 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
  • 297 below (-164.5 C): Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.
  • 460 below (-246 C): ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale). People in Canada start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"
  • 500 below (-266 C): Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Bravo. :lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Morning all. Had to go out of town for an overnight meeting, you know, the ones that could be handled with a 30 minute phone conference call. Well, i got to stay in a hotel and eat a bunch of free food. 8 more days for fall break, and I'm taking sick days tomorrow and Monday as well.

I thought about doing my own list of KY temperatures, but realized that would be too much effort. The only thing i could add here is the humidity. They euphemistically refer to us as the "Ohio Valley", but a more accurate name would be armpit or groin. No dry heat or ocean breeze around here. Why do i live here? :furious:

Sore throat has progressed to stuffy nose and cough. Not the worst "dose" I've had but still sucks. The kids are nearly better at least.

!

Hope you get better. My oldest took a cocktail of mucinex and ibuprofen to try and make it thru the day with her sniffles.

Morning, centurions.

007 stars at SAH/PTA dad. Or, is that PITA dad? :lmao:

Enjoy the new lifestyle.

It certainly could mate. West Ham have never won the top division title. The closest we've come is 3rd.
You in the PTA?
The commentary that will be resulting from that should be quite entertaining.
I think I could bring a refreshing aspect to the whole proceedings. I went to a coffee morning with the Moms today, and they were asking me if getting 2 kids ready for school was as hard as my previous job. I don't think they took my "are you kidding me, this gig is awesome" entirely to heart.
007 stars at SAH/PTA dad. Or, is that PITA dad? :lmao:
:lmao:See, when you say it like that, it makes me feel like I can't be both.
My oldest took a cocktail of mucinex and ibuprofen
Cocktails? I haven't called it yet. That's at 4AM your time tomorrow. Jeff might have to be there till 5AM.
Hairy chested brethren? Did you post spy cams everywhere, 007? :scared1: :lmao:
Not to get all brokeback on ya' buddy, but if you remember we met in a pool.
Can't wait to hear your tales from PTA interactions - just keep the Disney character references on Fridays here as I am not sure the other moms and lady teachers would find them as funny as we do.
Well there goes the opening paragraph of my speech.......

I went to a coffee morning with the Moms today, and they were asking me if getting 2 kids ready for school was as hard as my previous job. I don't think they took my "are you kidding me, this gig is awesome" entirely to heart.

:lmao:

Morning chaps, from a Sun & Showers London. According to the Disdads temp scale, Darcy's planting Gardens, CJ has his Jacket on, I'm on the BBQ. Rob is having a lovely sleep.

I would have called it earlier, but I now have a massive project from the boss on her last day at home. She needs a Oogie Boogie man made out of Play Doh. Stat.

Have a good day boys, I'll be back later.

Morning Gents.

The heatwave is over and we have more fall-like weather, the leaves will remember they have to change colours again. Had a nice day at the golf tournament yesterday, wish I had realized that everything was free before I got there. If I had I would have made arrangements to get a drive home.

Headed over the Prince Edward Island in a bit for a physical literacy conference tonight and tomorrow. PEI is a great spot to visit and they have a growing craft beer industry so that should be good.

Have a good one all.

'Morning all...
One more day... one more day...

First-Autumn finally arrived down here. We expect the entire season to last about 72 hours and then return back to "Holly crap it blazing hot out out there" levels for another month or three. Then we might get a few hours of Second-Autumn before converting straight into cold rain season. I better get out there and enjoy it while I can.

I knew there were worse cases out there. Thanks for doing the research.
Welcome.
Looking up useless crap is my stock in trade (as you've encountered a few times before).
It's why Norm calls me "Stats" (and fairly earned, so I can live with that one).

Or, is that PITA dad? :lmao:
Aren't "PITA" and "Dad" synonyms anyway?
It seems that the rest of my family regularly makes that observation in reference to me at least.

I think I could bring a refreshing aspect to the whole proceedings. I went to a coffee morning with the Moms today, and they were asking me if getting 2 kids ready for school was as hard as my previous job. I don't think they took my "are you kidding me, this gig is awesome" entirely to heart.
:lmao: I'm shocked... shocked I tell you!

Morning chaps, from a Sun & Showers London. According to the Disdads temp scale, Darcy's planting Gardens, CJ has his Jacket on, I'm on the BBQ. Rob is having a lovely sleep.
See...
Now that, makes perfect sense.

I would have called it earlier, but I now have a massive project from the boss on her last day at home. She needs a Oogie Boogie man made out of Play Doh. Stat.
This may well be the single most important assignment you've ever been tasked with.
Good luck... we're all counting on you.

Morning Gents.

The heatwave is over and we have more fall-like weather, the leaves will remember they have to change colours again. Had a nice day at the golf tournament yesterday, wish I had realized that everything was free before I got there. If I had I would have made arrangements to get a drive home.

Headed over the Prince Edward Island in a bit for a physical literacy conference tonight and tomorrow. PEI is a great spot to visit and they have a growing craft beer industry so that should be good.

Have a good one all.
Guess you sent the heat wave down to us.
We've been in the 90s the last few days and tomorrow is supposed to be 75 or so and same on Sunday.

Morning all. Brisk morning out there... 3C/37F.
I'll stay indoors for a bit. I'm not ready to face that sort of nonsense quite yet.

I would have called it earlier, but I now have a massive project from the boss on her last day at home. She needs a Oogie Boogie man made out of Play Doh. Stat

A reasonable request.

Welcome.
Looking up useless crap is my stock in trade (as you've encountered a few times before).

:rolleyes:

It's why Norm calls me "Stats" (and fairly earned, so I can live with that one).

Oh! Ohhhhhhhh...

OK boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the La Cava del Tequila for, well, a Tequila has to take Mrs Incredible home. And let me tell ya, she's proper bendy. Darcy, enjoy your weekend away, Mike it was obviously very nice of the Cubs to give the Cards an extra few weeks off. Saints & Dolphins at Wembley on Sunday. Hawksmoor tomorrow night, so good steak to be had.

Have a great Friday chaps, and may your Weekend be the equivalent of the Nachos Rio Grande at Pecos Bills. (RIP).

Nephews to the rescue. They came down this morning and are hacking away at the downed trees. Of course it is hot, humid and occasional downpours. Great help though.

Of course if you fail, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This disc will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Dan.

Had a nice day at the golf tournament yesterday, wish I had realized that everything was free before I got there. If I had I would have made arrangements to get a drive home.

Sounds like a great time.

Aren't "PITA" and "Dad" synonyms anyway?

In my family it refers to the Kid.

OK boys. That's it. I'm calling it.

Guess it would be bad form to call it with them sweating and working in the yard. I'll tell them to hurry up.

Nephews to the rescue. They came down this morning and are hacking away at the downed trees.

Good news.
Old enough. Beer and pizza are in order.
Too young. Money and pizza are in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter