DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening, Gents! Hope everyone's had a good weekend. Well, tomorrow's Monday and that means the new guy is starting at work. Yay! (that's dripping with sarcasm) This is going to be interesting, because...nope! Not going there. Anyways! Had a good weekend. Got some cleaning and organizing done, not a lot, but started it. Got up this morning and decided to go down to the town dock for some early morning photography. Missed sunrise by like an hour, but had fun. I've been at it for a few years now, so consider myself an advanced amateur. I don't have a lot of people calling me for photography gigs right now, still establishing myself, not that that kind of stuff is happening right now anyways, so I head out for practice when I can. Portraits are more my thing, but I do like landscape photography, so I practice when I get the chance. So I'm taking the time to really hone in on my photography skills and get some practicing in. These aren't much, but here's some pictures I took yesterday and today. Hope you enjoy. Have a good evening and we'll chat tomorrow.

TTFN

Early morning at about 6am. Picture unedited. Nice houses...not a bad way to wake up, huh?
49982546946_758a7023fa_c.jpg

Edited slightly using Lightroom
49982546896_e190cae407_c.jpg

This is in my neighborhood. Took this one to practice taking pictures of shade and sun...though the sun dipped behind a cloud just as I was taking this picture. Nothing spectacular about this image, more for practice than anything.
49982024498_87a600f6f4_c.jpg

'Morning all...
I'll be spending the day disassembling the interior of one of our cars to try and stop water from pooling on the passenger side floor. I rather like the vehicle in particular, but I'm at a loss as to understanding who thought it'd be a good idea to have the sun-roof drains running through the interior side of the A-Pillar.

557a569a74270a01e2dd5cdcc34efbb7.jpg

I deal with Local Goverment, generally for planning applications, and some of them are a funny bunch. A little power or a little knowledge are equally dangerous things. When they are combined, they are compounded.

My uncle's a retired engineer from the state highway dept. of New Mexico, and he has enough common sense for 2 dozen people. He's told me stories that makes me shake my head. And his response has always been, "I know." But that's the government for you.

I'm into tequila right now. Literally. I really like bourbon, but outside of Pappy van Winkle, I can't drink bourbon like I can drink tequila.

I can't stand liquor, so it's beer for me. I got seriously drunk once in the Navy, ok, it may have been more than once, and it involved a lot of brandy. And I mean, to the point that it went from shots of brandy to full-blown glasses of brandy...and this was on top of several beers, both American and Japanese, two tequila's and beer chasers at a Mexican restaurant in Japan (don't ask, I honestly don't remember the food), and two Black Russians. I swore off liquor at that point. I hurt just thinking about it. 😆

Pizza party sounds great!!! I'm back to working from home, and my retirement date from that job is August 31. I still have a two week vacation to WDW scheduled and a month of sick time to burn. My boss asked me to clean out my office. So, we won't be returning to work until after Sept 1.

Now I see why your boss asked you to clean out your office. Might as well since you won't be back. Well, an early congratulations on retirement. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Last edited:
And the hits just keep on rolling. I'm now the solo hold out in the family that wants to go to WDW in July. Sure, I'm annoyed they care more about NBA & MLS money than my vacation $, but my oldest is upset that she misses Wild Africa Trek after graduation & prom. DW doesn't want to wear a mask in July. So, I'll be on phone with Member Services trying to change everything tomorrow, however, there aren't many options. Then, have to change flights. Maybe it's better to just lose all the points, get AP refunded, and sell DVC and be done with the whole thing. The cigar wasn't an enjoyable tonight.

Howdy guys. Nice Sunday here but it's freaking hot. Youngest DD had a pig show yesterday so I got all my weekend projects compressed into Sunday.
Got fences put up around the new flower bushes in the back yard to keep the dog from peeing on them, finished weed eating that I didn't get done Friday, built 1 drawer of the 3 I need to finish the cabinet I built for our kitchen appliances, and got the rest of the pieces cut and routed out just need to put it all together. And now I'm cooking keto taco bowls.

Sounds like a busy day.

My uncle's a retired engineer from the state highway dept. of New Mexico, and he has enough common sense for 2 dozen people. He's told me stories that makes me shake my head. And his response has always been, "I know." But that's the government for you.

Now I see why your boss asked you to clean out your office. Might as well since you won't be back. Well, an early congratulations on retirement. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

After working for state government for over 10 years and state university for 15 years, I have witnessed how much money has been wasted and how dreadful it functions. I can only imagine how the other departments are run.

So the one being kept for breeding... future bacon?
Yup more bacon. A litter of 8-9 generally will make 4-5 that are show quality and bring in good money, the rest go straight to the feed lot to get fattened up and processed.
I'm now the solo hold out in the family that wants to go to WDW in July.
Sounds like a solo trip is on order.
But seriously, I'm sorry it's not working out. Sucks that everything is getting fouled up even that far out.
Our next trip is tentatively for May '21 for my oldest 21'st birthday. I'm hoping everything is back to normal even then.

I'm at a loss as to understanding who thought it'd be a good idea to have the sun-roof drains running through the interior side of the A-Pillar.

557a569a74270a01e2dd5cdcc34efbb7.jpg

That was my reaction when I discovered the problem.
Here's the passenger side at the moment...

The bit up the top right corner is part of the drain hose where is goes back in behind the dash. Here's a better look at this work of genius...

Like I said, it runs down the inside of the A-Pillar and then hooks into a drain/plug/grommet type of contraption in the back of the firewall...

I bit blurry, but it's the bit in the circle way back there on in behind the upper A/C vent's plumbing. Ain't no easy way to get back in there short of removing the entire dash board so you have to attack it blind from the top and bottom as best you can. A new tool for the collection aided in getting it out...

which then allowed me to clean the bloody thing out and modify it to send the rain water farther out the into the cowl's drainage area. Putting the damnable thing back in place, however was frustrating, painful and bloody (in that order and quite literally). Now I just need to let the car finish drying out and put everything back together. Then I think it may be time to trade this one in for one what ain't got's no sun roof.

Early morning at about 6am. Picture unedited. Nice houses...not a bad way to wake up, huh?
49982546946_758a7023fa_c.jpg

Edited slightly using Lightroom
49982546896_e190cae407_c.jpg

This is in my neighborhood. Took this one to practice taking pictures of shade and sun...though the sun dipped behind a cloud just as I was taking this picture. Nothing spectacular about this image, more for practice than anything.
49982024498_87a600f6f4_c.jpg

Nice shots! Do you have access to any presets for Lightroom or are you doing the editing the old fashioned way, one setting at a time?

The bit up the top right corner is part of the drain hose where is goes back in behind the dash. Here's a better look at this work of genius...

Like I said, it runs down the inside of the A-Pillar and then hooks into a drain/plug/grommet type of contraption in the back of the firewall..
Wow. I know it's labeled PVC but that looks more like CPVC, it does not hold up well in extreme heat, and the A pillar is like a pizza oven if you live anywhere south of the Mason Dixon. Genius

Morning, Gents! Forgot to mention in my last post that I've gotten a lot of emails from several recruiting companies looking to fill a stock position in Marion, MA, about an hour from where I live now. The position is with Lockheed Martin and the contract will be for a year, so that's nice, still not what I want for the rest of my life, but it's a job while I finish my medical course. At first I thought it was a scam so I ignored it, but then I started getting a bunch of emails from different companies for the same position. Before I deleted the email outright, I decided to call the number from the first email. The guy who picked up was an Indian (not Native American Indian), and I started to think this was a scam, but I continued to talk to him. I Googled his company name and it's legit, but still skeptical. Then I got a call from another recruiter, and multiple emails for the same position, I took it more seriously. Long story short, I told one of the recruiters to move my resume forward and see what happens. Now I'm waiting to see what happens. Yesterday, I applied for a carrier with the US Postal Service Rural Carrier Association. I got the email to take an assessment exam and will take that tonight when I get home, so we'll see what happens there. Otherwise, happy Monday! They're updating our computer program today so I won't have an excuse to sit down at the computer today, so not sure how much I'll be able to chat except for breaks. Either way it'll be an interesting day. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

She has show pigs. They are market pigs bound to be bacon, she is competing to have the best.View attachment 499732View attachment 499733

How's she do? Did she place?

Not bad at all.

Nope, not bad at all.

Aren't we all. I think the easiest way it just to never grow up.

Oh if that were only possible. Hahaha

Yeah, we'll see how this works out. He's being hired right before the end of quarter, so we'll see if he lasts.

Nice shots. :)

Thanks

And the hits just keep on rolling. I'm now the solo hold out in the family that wants to go to WDW in July. Sure, I'm annoyed they care more about NBA & MLS money than my vacation $, but my oldest is upset that she misses Wild Africa Trek after graduation & prom. DW doesn't want to wear a mask in July. So, I'll be on phone with Member Services trying to change everything tomorrow, however, there aren't many options. Then, have to change flights. Maybe it's better to just lose all the points, get AP refunded, and sell DVC and be done with the whole thing. The cigar wasn't an enjoyable tonight.

Sorry things are getting mucked up, but maybe you could do a solo trip to the World. I LOVED my solo trips.

After working for state government for over 10 years and state university for 15 years, I have witnessed how much money has been wasted and how dreadful it functions. I can only imagine how the other departments are run.

I shudder at the though of learning how the state is run.

Yup more bacon. A litter of 8-9 generally will make 4-5 that are show quality and bring in good money, the rest go straight to the feed lot to get fattened up and processed.

Mmmm bacon.

Sounds like a solo trip is on order.
But seriously, I'm sorry it's not working out. Sucks that everything is getting fouled up even that far out.
Our next trip is tentatively for May '21 for my oldest 21'st birthday. I'm hoping everything is back to normal even then.

Solo trips are awesome.

View attachment 499749

View attachment 499750

Like I said, it runs down the inside of the A-Pillar and then hooks into a drain/plug/grommet type of contraption in the back of the firewall...

View attachment 499752

I bit blurry, but it's the bit in the circle way back there on in behind the upper A/C vent's plumbing. Ain't no easy way to get back in there short of removing the entire dash board so you have to attack it blind from the top and bottom as best you can. A new tool for the collection aided in getting it out...

View attachment 499753

which then allowed me to clean the bloody thing out and modify it to send the rain water farther out the into the cowl's drainage area. Putting the damnable thing back in place, however was frustrating, painful and bloody (in that order and quite literally). Now I just need to let the car finish drying out and put everything back together. Then I think it may be time to trade this one in for one what ain't got's no sun roof.

I'm no engineer, but I'm sure I could have come up with a better place to put that drain. Sorry you went through so much trouble. Hope it wasn't too bloody.

Nice shots! Do you have access to any presets for Lightroom or are you doing the editing the old fashioned way, one setting at a time?

I have access to some presets in Lightroom, and could certainly pay for some more presets, but I tend to do it one setting at a time. I do, however, have go to settings that I use and have put those in presets which make my work flow easier. I sometimes will start out with a preset and then tweak it.

Morning chaps. Light day at work here today, so a couple of calls and a bit of sharepoint updating, so nothing too taxing. I've joined a "shopping collective" over here that consolidate stuff I need (want) from the States and ship it over at a much lower price I can get it over here. So, the anniversary Mickey waffle maker is on its way to East London. And some proper Diner Coffee Mugs. The really thick walled ones. And some of those candles that smell like the Poly and the GF. I am a happy bunny.

On another 48 hour fast, so no food till tomorrow night. We ate dinner very early yesterday, about 3, so I'm pretty hungry right now.

Got fences put up around the new flower bushes in the back yard to keep the dog from peeing on them, finished weed eating that I didn't get done Friday, built 1 drawer of the 3 I need to finish the cabinet I built for our kitchen appliances, and got the rest of the pieces cut and routed out just need to put it all together. And now I'm cooking keto taco bowls.
:thumbsup2 Soneone got up with a can do attitude.

And I suspect a teeny bit younger too!
I probably don't look it though :teeth:
Yay! (that's dripping with sarcasm)
Sorry dude. That's gonna smart a little bit. All the best man.
She gets attached but she understands where food comes from.
Good on ya, we teach our kids about provenance as well. Not sure we'd get away with raising piggies in London though.
You know what they say, "There's nothing like good design, and that's....."
I got the email to take an assessment exam and will take that tonight when I get home, so we'll see what happens there.
Good luck!

Have a wonderful Monday. Y'all.

Morning All,

mixed bag here today. It was sunny when I came to the office but now it's cloudy and cool. Going to be one of those days I think. Noticed a lot more downed trees on the drive to the office.

Hope you all have a great Monday.

I have access to some presets in Lightroom, and could certainly pay for some more presets, but I tend to do it one setting at a time. I do, however, have go to settings that I use and have put those in presets which make my work flow easier. I sometimes will start out with a preset and then tweak it.

I have a few that I can send you if you want them.

On another 48 hour fast, so no food till tomorrow night. We ate dinner very early yesterday, about 3, so I'm pretty hungry right now.

You enjoy that fast. I think we'll have chicken breasts stuffed with asparagus and feta for dinner tonight.

How's she do? Did she place?
Didn't do so well at this show, pigs are getting over being sick so they don't look their best. But there is another jackpot show in about a month, aalnd the majors will be here before we know it.

Yesterday, I applied for a carrier with the US Postal Service Rural Carrier Association. I
Best of luck.
Soneone got up with a can do attitude.
Not really, got up with a don't want to stay inside with my wife attitude. :rotfl2:

'Morning all...
Proper summer has finally settled in down here. Nothing we ain't use to, but the low humidity was nice while it lasted.

Apparently there's some major meeting occurring today amongst the high muckity-mucks where I work as every one received notice to join in on a zoom meeting with the executive board over the weekend, and then promptly had the invite rescinded this morning. Whoops... I s'pect that they'er just planning to get to a decision on when to bring everyone back from home and into the offices (the better to control you with, my dear), so I'm ain't too concerned. That said, I will actually miss working from the house.

Wow. I know it's labeled PVC but that looks more like CPVC, it does not hold up well in extreme heat, and the A pillar is like a pizza oven if you live anywhere south of the Mason Dixon. Genius
Yeah, that's the second bit of questionable engineering I've encountered in what is otherwise an excellent vehicle from a company that I've long trusted. May be time to rethink my allegiances.

Forgot to mention in my last post that I've gotten a lot of emails from several recruiting companies
That is good to hear, and may it be something that works for you.
New opportunities are always welcome.

I'm no engineer, but I'm sure I could have come up with a better place to put that drain. Sorry you went through so much trouble. Hope it wasn't too bloody.
Not too bad...

That was more theatrical looking when blood was streaming out of those rips and tears, but honestly, I've have on occasion caused considerably worse damage to my own hands.

I bet you are. The scales-of-hatred have climbed back into the 190s for me, so I'm going to have to do a bit of fasting myself. Not time for 48s yet, but I think a few days of 20 hours off food is in order.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention in my last post that I've gotten a lot of emails from several recruiting companies looking to fill a stock position in Marion, MA, about an hour from where I live now. The position is with Lockheed Martin and the contract will be for a year, so that's nice, still not what I want for the rest of my life, but it's a job while I finish my medical course.
Interesting. Hour away though. Bit of a commute.
Yesterday, I applied for a carrier with the US Postal Service Rural Carrier Association
Really! Huh. That could be a fun job.
Yeah, we'll see how this works out. He's being hired right before the end of quarter, so we'll see if he lasts.
:rolleyes2
So, the anniversary Mickey waffle maker is on its way to East London. And some proper Diner Coffee Mugs. The really thick walled ones. And some of those candles that smell like the Poly and the GF. I am a happy bunny.
:laughing: Good for you.
I don’t know how you do that.
Not really, got up with a don't want to stay inside with my wife attitude. :rotfl2:
:rolleyes1
You can go off people very quickly, I've often found. ;) :rotfl:
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter