DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents, and Happy Friday! Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend, but I know it'll be better than spending it here at work. I got home last night and found out that the DD wants a pizza party for the end of school tonight. Ok, we'll order pizza and pop in a movie....sounds good to me. Been working with a friend of mine, who's a member of my VFW post and is also the town service officer. He's been having me re-do my resume so I can apply to federal jobs. Man, I didn't know resumes for federal jobs are so different from private sector resumes. I'm having to think of think of things about jobs I haven't had to think about in years, and put things on my resume I haven't had to do before. Anyone else work for the federal government here? I'm hoping this will get me an interview at least. Maybe it'll get me something close to home. Interviewer: "So, Mr. Tenor, tell me about yourself." Me: "I'd rather not, I want the job." :rotfl2: We'll see. Well, gents, have a good day.

TTFN

Sorry to hear, hopefully they keep you on past June to give you more time to find something else.

Thank, man, appreciate it. The way things have been going there's a good chance they will, however, the new guys starts on Monday and I don't think they'll have a need for me past June...unless something major comes up.

Morning, gents.
Bit sore this morning, but taking a lazy day for the most part.

Continued good luck with your hunt!

Yeah, that would've been a bit of a slap in the face.

You want to be sore, too?

I quote this all. the. time.
And no one gets it.
View attachment 498995

That's such a great movie!

I've got to ask, who is Bubble?

That's not what I what came to my mind when I read "Who is Bubble?";)😁

I'd like to say that kind of thing speaks poorly of management...
But I've come to believe that disrespect, indifference and even contempt are pretty much the requirements for even gaining access to a managerial position.

Because of the management here they've lost a lot of good people.

Cleaned out the office, which is further evidence that we are on lockdown indefinitely. I guess the University will feature all online classes? Hopefully, we can get some money selling those empty buildings. September seems a million years away at Ground Hog day speed.

Any chances of you working from home? The lock down won't last forever, I'm sure the university will open back up in the future.

Sorry to hear about the job. I guess we will both be looking at the same time. As for my back, it comes and goes. The dr said lose weight and exercise would help. Craziness! I was hoping for a steady supply of vicodin.

Let's hope they let you work from home, my friend. I've racheted up my job hunting something fierce, so I'm hoping something will come from it. And I hope they let you keep your job, or able to find something quickly. The dr. wants you to lose weight? That's crazy!

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. Stringing people along for years in just another sign of good management.

Like you, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but being strung along, I guess, is part of the plan. And if stringing people along for years means good management, then I guess I'd be a bad manager. :laughing:

Sorry for the bad news but as I heard my son and the recruiter discussing lately, "No" just stands for New Opportunities.

Good way to think of the word "No." I'm going to have to remember this. Thanks

Hey guys. I went AWOL for a little while again.
I missed a bunch of pages that I may not get through. I hope you’re all doing well.

I’m on week three of furlough. Spoke to my supervisor Wednesday and there may be some work coming up in a few weeks. Assuming my employment lasts that long. Cuts are ongoing throughout June. Depends a lot on how the oil price goes.

I’ve just been keeping busy with odd jobs around the house and spending time with family. And trying not to spend too much money in the process.

You know one sad fact is that I now have plenty of time for drinking but at a time when I can least afford it. It hasn’t stopped my rum intake yet though.

Anyway, sorry for bringing down the mood. It’s just kind of where I am these days.

Welcome back, and I'll be saying a prayer for you.

Last edited:

So all going well, it crossed my mind that it's T-7 months for me to meet some of you lovely chaps.

Nice! I'm gonna have to wait for one of your remodeling visits, I think.

Cheers mate, a bit of Madden, a bit of shop disney surfing, now we wait for dinner to be delivered. Shame I'm off the beers for a month I really fancy one right now.

Just have a Bud Light, it doesn't count as a beer.

May that get corrected as soon as possible.
I had my salary cut over this mess but I didn't get cut off.
Dealing with that would require a good deal of cutting back to be sure.

I went through a pay cut once, when the market fell in 2008. Not fun at all. We'll see what happens when the state fiscal year ends this month.

Anyone else work for the federal government here?

State government here. But the Feds mystify us, too.

Quick story: one time, we were holding a local conference. One of our speakers, a noted wiseguy, asked if any members of the Federal Highway Administration were present. One raised his hand. The speaker said, "You guys sure do use a lot of acronyms. For example: NEPA. Can you tell me what NEPA stands for?"

The guy answered, "National Environmental Policy Act."

Speaker: "Whoa, slow down! We're not used to getting such a quick response from you guys."

"So, Mr. Tenor, tell me about yourself." Me: "I'd rather not, I want the job." :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

That sounds wonderful.
Depending how my finances are, I might think of going myself!
I wonder how/if Covid will affect DDCC this year?

After this year, I've given up on the prediction business.

Did you bottle kill the EC12 you were working through?
Oh yeah...
Done knocked out that one and a bottle of Basil-Hayden as well.
The one pictured on back up the way there succeeded in worming its way into the house about a week ago. I don't foresee its prospects of long term survival as being particularly promising.

Not sure those even count as water...

I went through a pay cut once, when the market fell in 2008. Not fun at all. We'll see what happens when the state fiscal year ends this month.
A mid-year year-end, eh?
Those are lots of fun. :rolleyes:

And no budget process is fun in any shape or manner.
Pretty sure the word budget was derived from some long dead language's term for "unendurable suffering"

So... after almost running a 5K two days ago. Decided to do a “short” 2K run. My best time for 1K is 6:32. Since I was “only” doing 2K I thought I’d try to beat that on the first K.
Not only beat it but knocked almost half a minute off. 6:04. Pretty stoked.

Would be curious to know the actual translation of the characters in the right corner. I s'pect it's either an inside joke about the "English" name or a direct insult to those that can't read it.
I’ve wondered that myself.

I missed a bunch of pages that I may not get through. I hope you’re all doing well.

I’m on week three of furlough. Spoke to my supervisor Wednesday and there may be some work coming up in a few weeks. Assuming my employment lasts that long. Cuts are ongoing throughout June. Depends a lot on how the oil price goes.

I’ve just been keeping busy with odd jobs around the house and spending time with family. And trying not to spend too much money in the process.

You know one sad fact is that I now have plenty of time for drinking but at a time when I can least afford it. It hasn’t stopped my rum intake yet though.

Anyway, sorry for bringing down the mood. It’s just kind of where I am these days.

Welcome back and prayers that things turn around for you.

Hummm.... Good point.
I'm allowed to have Bourbon, so that might be a better idea anyway.
No Maker's on hand right now so it will have to be Old Forester.
Old Forester brings back vague memories of my first night doing shots of the brown liquor. My driver was college roomates with the bartender. o_O:headache:

Well did not get to call it early like Dan today or bask in the retirement recliner day after birthday celebration of Randall but not gonna complain. Stay safe and healthy and enjoy the weekend my brothers.

For the Weekend, here is some WDW Pick 'ems to think about
  1. Tikki Room or IASW?
  2. Star Tours or Mission Space?
  3. Crystal Palace or Tusker House?
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA
  5. Icons, Castle Icon or Space Ship Earth Icon?

for the record on yesterdays Pic'ems
  1. Caramel or Candy Apple? Caramel
  2. Bob at Dawa or Julie or Tune In Lounge? Bob though Julie is a hoot
  3. Fan or Hater of the bubble blowers? One of things that really annoy me at DaWorld - get off my lawn!
  4. O'hana or Kona Breakfast? Ohana
  5. Buzz Lightyear or TSMM? TSMM

Hang in there and hope things turn for the better for you. Today's financials hopefully helped oil +5.5%
So all going well, it crossed my mind that it's T-7 months for me to meet some of you lovely chaps.
Yes you will - looking forward to it
You go right ahead sir, with my blessing. Thank the maker that Bourbon is Keto. Or perhaps I should thank the Maker's?

No it does not but it does fall into Dan's categorization "What's Bud Light and making love in a boat have in common?"

Last edited:
State government here. But the Feds mystify us, too.

Quick story: one time, we were holding a local conference. One of our speakers, a noted wiseguy, asked if any members of the Federal Highway Administration were present. One raised his hand. The speaker said, "You guys sure do use a lot of acronyms. For example: NEPA. Can you tell me what NEPA stands for?"

Speaker: "Whoa, slow down! We're not used to getting such a quick response from you guys."

I think the Feds mystify all of us. That's a funny story.

DD wants a pizza party for the end of school tonight. Ok, we'll order pizza and pop in a movie....sounds good to me.
That sounds pretty good to me. :)
Interviewer: "So, Mr. Tenor, tell me about yourself." Me: "I'd rather not, I want the job."
:lmao:
"You guys sure do use a lot of acronyms. For example: NEPA. Can you tell me what NEPA stands for?"

:laughing:

1. Tikki Room or IASW?
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA
  1. Tikki Room or IASW? Tiki Room!!! :scared1:
  2. Star Tours or Mission Space? Star Tours but not a huge fan of either.
  3. Crystal Palace or Tusker House? CP. Never done TH.
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA TTA, but that's a close one.
  5. Icons, Castle Icon or Space Ship Earth Icon? SE is beautiful, but... Castle. Easily.

Morning chaps. Took the boy on a 5k this morning to the next town over, sat in a park and had an espresso with him. If I can chisel him off those sodding handheld devices, he's a lovely boy..
Like most days, not much on the agenda. Caulking up the arcade machine as I just need to spray and graphic it now. Ordered another emergency batch of LEGO last night, so Steamboat Willie and the new Haunted house are on their way. I had sign off for the Disney Castle from the "When I can Free up Expenditure" committee, or WIFE for short. And it was out of stock.

1. Tikki Room or IASW?
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA
Tiki Room. Dole Whip in hand. Although I am partial to international Chucky Dolls
Mission Space all day.
I have never been to Crystal Palace. In fact, thinking about it, in terms of Table Service in MK I think I've only been to CRT and Skipper Canteen.
TTA
Castle.

Have a great Saturday lads.

Although I am partial to international Chucky Dolls
Shirley Temple Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

'Morning all...
I'll be spending the day disassembling the interior of one of our cars to try and stop water from pooling on the passenger side floor. I rather like the vehicle in particular, but I'm at a loss as to understanding who thought it'd be a good idea to have the sun-roof drains running through the interior side of the A-Pillar.

For the Weekend, here is some WDW Pick 'ems to think about
  1. Tikki Room or IASW?
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA

- Tikki
(ISAW really should only be viewed with a set of ear-buds in and AC/DC blasting on the player. That adds a whole new dimension to the show)

- MS... Orange...
(we first rode it back before there were colors, and have always loved it)

- No real opinion there. haven't been to either in a very long time, but Tusker is one our short list for future trips.

- TTA (but we love both of 'em)

- Hummmm... So. Which of your children do you like best?

"When I can Free up Expenditure" committee, or WIFE for short.
Nice...
Haven't heard the one.

international Chucky Dolls
:lmao:

Dancing the the sound track of "Hell's Bells" or maybe "For those About to Rock"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!