DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Last day of work!! for one week unless I win the lottery

Everything is pretty much back to normal today. Youngest DD is back in school for the first time since January 16th.
It didn't rain as much yesterday as expected, so no flooding. It made the roads a little better but didn't do much to cut down the snow banks.
Back to a couple degrees below freezing today.

Hey guys,

I'm back from a whirlwind weekend in Orlando. 2 years ago when my daughter had spinal surgery, we promised her we'd take her to Universal since she is the world's biggest Harry Potter fan.*

*Unofficially.

Since she's leaving for college in the fall, we thought we should probably deliver on our promise to her. We had a great time, although I think the trip also confirmed why Disney is #1 for us. Tried to catch up with @docsoliday1 but unfortunately it didn't work out due to me not giving him enough advance notice and unforeseen circumstances on his part. Hopefully next time.

Hey guys,

I'm back from a whirlwind weekend in Orlando. 2 years ago when my daughter had spinal surgery, we promised her we'd take her to Universal since she is the world's biggest Harry Potter fan.*

*Unofficially.

Since she's leaving for college in the fall, we thought we should probably deliver on our promise to her. We had a great time, although I think the trip also confirmed why Disney is #1 for us. Tried to catch up with @docsoliday1 but unfortunately it didn't work out due to me not giving him enough advance notice and unforeseen circumstances on his part. Hopefully next time.
Still sad about that. Just Coni and I were not feeling well and we were trying to justify an 80-90 min round trip to see you for 5-10 min.

I ended up not getting a chance to make a cheesecake, but had gotten a key lime pie. Problem with that idea/thought, was you were leaving soon after, so what would you have done with it?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Happy National LEGO day to Dan and hoping all and their families are doing well today and may we all enjoy a bit of our favorite beverage tonight - cheers gents!
Hey guys,

*Unofficially.

Saw your updates on the other place and looked like a good time and the reason for the whole family being there together out weighs down attractions and long waits. Seeing your trip helps put some positive perspective back on DaWorld and confirms how really good that place is overall :-)

And it's Tuesday. This week is just slowly ticking by.

So I woke up this morning. I'm counting that as a win! :thumbsup2

Good job.

Everything is pretty much back to normal today. Youngest DD is back in school for the first time since January 16th.
It didn't rain as much yesterday as expected, so no flooding. It made the roads a little better but didn't do much to cut down the snow banks.

Will you all make it up in the summer? Add extra days? Take away Spring Break?

Hey guys,

*Unofficially.

Since she's leaving for college in the fall, we thought we should probably deliver on our promise to her. We had a great time, although I think the trip also confirmed why Disney is #1 for us.

Saw that on FB. We enjoyed Universal, but the rides weren't down. And, we stayed at Cabana Bay and did the Express Pass. We enjoy Disney more too.

I ended up not getting a chance to make a cheesecake, but had gotten a key lime pie. Problem with that idea/thought, was you were leaving soon after, so what would you have done with it?

You eat all the key lime pie. Was that the wrong answer?

Still sad about that. Just Coni and I were not feeling well and we were trying to justify an 80-90 min round trip to see you for 5-10 min.

Yeah, I get that. I was thinking you were closer to WDW than that. And we would have been happy to wander with you, but my family was also fading fast after dinner.

After the weekend you had, you deserved to have some pie on your own! In my experience, having extra pie around is a nice problem to have.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Happy National LEGO day to Dan and hoping all and their families are doing well today and may we all enjoy a bit of our favorite beverage tonight - cheers gents!

Saw your updates on the other place and looked like a good time and the reason for the whole family being there together out weighs down attractions and long waits. Seeing your trip helps put some positive perspective back on DaWorld and confirms how really good that place is overall :-)

We had our ups and downs with Universal. Sunday was rough— there were at least 4 rides down at the same time and then every other ride had a wait time of at least 80 minutes. We rallied on Monday for a better time. But we kept sneaking over to Disney for our dinners and everyone was noticeably happier on Disney property.

Morning gents.
Not much to report. It’s early?

However, you do realize you live in Canada right?
What???
So that’s it.
Other than hurricanes....

and ladders.
:lmao:
Really sore today from tennis though, but able to walk.
Walking is not overrated.
The news radio kept talking about the tragic loss of Kobe, his daughter, and then hurriedly referenced the others that died as an afterthought, but not by name.
It was obviously disengenous.
Right. No one else mattered??
I'm with you. One day, the media decided that what sports athletes and actors think and say is important. Important enough to pay them millions, owners billions, and fool people into buying $100 jerseys to make more profits. I like sports, still compete in the too old/ too fat division. I enjoyed some of the basketball games, but that's it. Our embassy got attacked in Iraq, but the news story is the death of Kobe and the non-named others. I would think the efforts of our military, police, firefighters, etc would be acknowledged over basketball players. But, since there is no money there, the media doesn't report that.

I was fortunate to meet CJ and eat lunch with him. I enjoyed talking with him over the years. That was more real for me.
yes. All this... yes.
So I woke up this morning. I'm counting that as a win! :thumbsup2
And on this side of the sod!
Good luck!

erm... did you buy a ticket?
I'm back from a whirlwind weekend in Orlando.
Glad you had a great time. :)
We had our ups and downs with Universal. Sunday was rough— there were at least 4 rides down at the same time and then every other ride had a wait time of at least 80 minutes.
Ugh!

Top O the Mornin Dads! 2.5 hour driving day as at the other distribution center today. Not a bad drive and going opposite traffic both ways. #TWSS 8-) Booked DW to go spend a few days with DD end of March so I'll have a weekend of peace, er I mean this will be good for DW as she really misses here daughter.

Top O the Mornin Dads! 2.5 hour driving day as at the other distribution center today. Not a bad drive and going opposite traffic both ways. #TWSS 8-) Booked DW to go spend a few days with DD end of March so I'll have a weekend of peace, er I mean this will be good for DW as she really misses here daughter.
View attachment 469553

:wave2:

Mornin!

Great news about the "girls weekend". I'm sure it'll be a struggle being at home without the DW, but these are the sacrifices a good husband makes! :rotfl2:

View attachment 469553

Sounds like lots of beer, pizza and chicken wings coming up

Happy Wednesday. 1 more day for me at job #1. I don't have anything scheduled in February, so I'm hoping for an easy month.

No, but DW was asking me what I plan to do with it now.
Obvious answer...take it to work. Problem solved.

I do like a good key lime pie. I do miss desserts with keto.

Enjoy your moment of peace at the end of March. Spring Break for us starts March 30. Maybe we can figure out a spot for a drink if you're willing to put pants on and leave the house.

Sounds like lots of beer, pizza and chicken wings coming up

I've been eating a lot of chicken wings on keto. I forgot how much I enjoyed them.

And bourbon and bourbon.....and maybe some more bourbon.

With a side of bourbon? How's that DisDad ambassador bourbon?

Afternoon, Gents!

Been busy today. I spent my early morning looking for work....nothing yet, but I'm still trying. I did have a major "Why didn't I think of this before" moment early this morning. Back when I was commuting on the train, I met this young lady. Well, like I usually do, I struck up a conversation and found out she works in the HR Dept. for Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Soo, I sent her a message through LinkedIn to catch up with her. Long story short, she told me to email her my resume and she'd forward it on to the right people. So I have hope. Also, I have another chance at the state pie. I found out this morning that the Probate Court for my county just put up a job posting looking to fill a position. Now, I know the Registrar of Probate for my county. I'm not going to say I have the job, because I haven't applied for it yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll get an interview. If I don't, I'll be pretty upset. If I remember correctly, even in the Probate Court its an interview by committee. So I could still not get it. We'll see. Now for the somewhat bad news, next Friday, Feb. 7th, may or may not be my last day at my current temp job. I was approached by my boss and was told that HR emailed my staffing company and told them that next Friday would be my last day. Apparently they weren't supposed to do that. The Director of Operations was pretty upset when she found out because she makes that decision based off of what corporate tells her. Well, she's trying to find a way to keep me on, so we'll see what happens. Otherwise, been pretty busy this week. Coming up on the end of the month and that means everyone's trying to ship stuff out, so I've been working in the warehouse a lot this week. Tomorrow's my Friday, thankfully. I have an appointment with the VA for a hearing exam. Now I can finally see if I'm truly ignoring my wife or I just can't hear her. :rotfl2:

That's not altogether a bad thing. In fact it can be quite admirable. But you have to pick your circumstances. While it's good to be known as a loyal employee, it's also good to keep in mind that your employer may not (or may! there are some good ones out there) be similarly inclined.

You're right, I do need to pick my circumstances. I just have a wicked sense of honor and doing what I feel is right. But, as has been pointed out, I need to think of me....and I'm going to.

They kept asking me to be a manager and I kept telling them no, that I was leaving in x amount of time.

That's cool that you were up front about it. My current boss knows that there's a chance I'd leave if a permanent job comes along...I've told him I would. Being a temp it was easy to do.

Disney conventions are great. Problem is that work wants you to go to the convention, and not play in Disney all day.

I can't wait to take advantage of this...that's if my wife allows me to go to one. I think she'd know I'd spend more time in Disney than the convention.

I had that same mentality. However, it's not reciprocated by most all employers. It is at the Church, but no other employers I've been around.

I have to keep reminding myself of that. At the first chance an employer finds someone with more experience, I'd be dropped in a heart beat.

Keep thinking of you all up there. It'll be July before all that snow melts.

Now, I know the Registrar of Probate for my county. I'm not going to say I have the job, because I haven't applied for it yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll get an interview. If I don't, I'll be pretty upset. If I remember correctly, even in the Probate Court its an interview by committee. So I could still not get it.
Yay!!!

Now for the somewhat bad news, next Friday, Feb. 7th, may or may not be my last day at my current temp job.
To quote Gru, no yay.
Sorry, man.

Winding down after a couple of girls BB games. Varsity was exciting even though we were never behind. DD is one of 3 bigs. Our starting center is 5'11 and 180+ lbs with asthma and some other health issues, one is a sophomore like DD and 5'10 and around 150lbs but she may have fractured her ankle yesterday in practice and didn't even come to school, and then DD is 5'10 and 117 soaking wet if that. Our senior played the first half and had her best game of the season but she needed to because the opposing center was about 6' and 145lbs of muscle. Our girl twisted her ankle right at the start of the 3rd quarter so DD had to go in. DD isn't confident at all and was over matched. Thankfully our senior was able to get taped up and come back in and finish out for the win but now DD is moody (as usual) over not doing better. DD really is the most normal (other than my cat) of the rest of the household but not on game nights. No matter how she does, win or lose, play or ride the pine, she is always moody after a game. After the varsity the schools then played their JV teams for a half and DD played the whole half but was even more touchy because she didn't score as many points as she thought she should. I pointed out that isn't her main responsibility in the paint but it is like talking to a wall. God help her husband if she ever gets married.

I'm glad my office is only a 3 minute walk from the house so I can escape here at night. Weekends I can hide out in the greenhouse if it is sunny. I have a chair and the cat has a nice pile of old packing material and nobody thinks to look for us in there. A bottle of Drambuie and I might never need to go home, LOL.

Afternoon, Gents!

Been busy today. I spent my early morning looking for work....nothing yet, but I'm still trying. I did have a major "Why didn't I think of this before" moment early this morning. Back when I was commuting on the train, I met this young lady. Well, like I usually do, I struck up a conversation and found out she works in the HR Dept. for Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Soo, I sent her a message through LinkedIn to catch up with her. Long story short, she told me to email her my resume and she'd forward it on to the right people. So I have hope. Also, I have another chance at the state pie. I found out this morning that the Probate Court for my county just put up a job posting looking to fill a position. Now, I know the Registrar of Probate for my county. I'm not going to say I have the job, because I haven't applied for it yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll get an interview. If I don't, I'll be pretty upset. If I remember correctly, even in the Probate Court its an interview by committee. So I could still not get it. We'll see. Now for the somewhat bad news, next Friday, Feb. 7th, may or may not be my last day at my current temp job. I was approached by my boss and was told that HR emailed my staffing company and told them that next Friday would be my last day. Apparently they weren't supposed to do that. The Director of Operations was pretty upset when she found out because she makes that decision based off of what corporate tells her. Well, she's trying to find a way to keep me on, so we'll see what happens. Otherwise, been pretty busy this week. Coming up on the end of the month and that means everyone's trying to ship stuff out, so I've been working in the warehouse a lot this week. Tomorrow's my Friday, thankfully. I have an appointment with the VA for a hearing exam. Now I can finally see if I'm truly ignoring my wife or I just can't hear her. :rotfl2:

Best wishes. Not a fun situation to be in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter