DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Another beautiful day here on Cape Cod. Spent the last 2.5 hours this morning looking for, and applying, to jobs before I left for work. So far I've applied to the state and the feds. The federal job is a Docket Clerk with the federal court, something I did for 13 years. We'll see, but I do know they move slowly and I need something fast. Oh well. Life moves on and so do I.

Sorry, man.

Thanks, man, appreciate it.

Best wishes. Not a fun situation to be in.

Thanks, man. It's not a fun situation to be in, but I'll find something.

Last edited:
Happy Thursday. So, been out of town a few days at work and get home today. Apparently, DW decided to help youngest dd paint, and DW painted the ceiling. Badly. So, I had to go out and get some paint and finish the ceiling. Ugh.

Looks like we have at least a year to go!

Getting Close!

View attachment 469640
View attachment 469641

Maybe we can plan a DisDad Kentucky convention. We called the last one "Picnic" when we meat in the summer with 4 or 5 dads here and in Indiana.

You can totally do a keto key lime pie.

Just use almond flour instead of Graham crackers and sub favorite sweetener for sugar. More effort, but doable.

I don't want to make the pie. I want to order the pie in a restaurant and eat it.

Afternoon, Gents!

Been busy today. I spent my early morning looking for work....nothing yet, but I'm still trying. I did have a major "Why didn't I think of this before" moment early this morning. Back when I was commuting on the train, I met this young lady. Well, like I usually do, I struck up a conversation and found out she works in the HR Dept. for Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Soo, I sent her a message through LinkedIn to catch up with her. Long story short, she told me to email her my resume and she'd forward it on to the right people. So I have hope. Also, I have another chance at the state pie. I found out this morning that the Probate Court for my county just put up a job posting looking to fill a position. Now, I know the Registrar of Probate for my county. I'm not going to say I have the job, because I haven't applied for it yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll get an interview. If I don't, I'll be pretty upset. If I remember correctly, even in the Probate Court its an interview by committee. So I could still not get it. We'll see. Now for the somewhat bad news, next Friday, Feb. 7th, may or may not be my last day at my current temp job. I was approached by my boss and was told that HR emailed my staffing company and told them that next Friday would be my last day. Apparently they weren't supposed to do that. The Director of Operations was pretty upset when she found out because she makes that decision based off of what corporate tells her. Well, she's trying to find a way to keep me on, so we'll see what happens. Otherwise, been pretty busy this week. Coming up on the end of the month and that means everyone's trying to ship stuff out, so I've been working in the warehouse a lot this week. Tomorrow's my Friday, thankfully. I have an appointment with the VA for a hearing exam. Now I can finally see if I'm truly ignoring my wife or I just can't hear her. :rotfl2:

Continued prayers on the job search. Sounds like you have some good leads.

Winding down after a couple of girls BB games. Varsity was exciting even though we were never behind. DD is one of 3 bigs. Our starting center is 5'11 and 180+ lbs with asthma and some other health issues, one is a sophomore like DD and 5'10 and around 150lbs but she may have fractured her ankle yesterday in practice and didn't even come to school, and then DD is 5'10 and 117 soaking wet if that. Our senior played the first half and had her best game of the season but she needed to because the opposing center was about 6' and 145lbs of muscle. Our girl twisted her ankle right at the start of the 3rd quarter so DD had to go in. DD isn't confident at all and was over matched. Thankfully our senior was able to get taped up and come back in and finish out for the win but now DD is moody (as usual) over not doing better. DD really is the most normal (other than my cat) of the rest of the household but not on game nights. No matter how she does, win or lose, play or ride the pine, she is always moody after a game. After the varsity the schools then played their JV teams for a half and DD played the whole half but was even more touchy because she didn't score as many points as she thought she should. I pointed out that isn't her main responsibility in the paint but it is like talking to a wall. God help her husband if she ever gets married.

I've played tennis for years, and won a few tournaments. I taught youngest dd how to play tennis, and we won a mixed doubles tournament last year. When I try to tell her something I observe about her game, I'm the biggest moron ever.

I believe Mike has one also.

With a Disdads label?

Happy Friday gentlemen. I'm glad to see January come to an end.

Happy Thursday. So, been out of town a few days at work and get home today. Apparently, DW decided to help youngest dd paint, and DW painted the ceiling. Badly. So, I had to go out and get some paint and finish the ceiling. Ugh.

Not many home remodeling jobs worse than painting a ceiling.

Maybe we can plan a DisDad Kentucky convention. We called the last one "Picnic" when we meat in the summer with 4 or 5 dads here and in Indiana.

If I'm still on the green side of the grass in a couple of years when it is ready I will have to try to make it over.

I've played tennis for years, and won a few tournaments. I taught youngest dd how to play tennis, and we won a mixed doubles tournament last year. When I try to tell her something I observe about her game, I'm the biggest moron ever.
Funny how that works isn't it. I've quite offering advice.

We have a game tonight that should be a relatively easy win but we are accumulating injuries and they had to shut down the school because of illness. We really need everyone doing their best tomorrow as we take on the county school and have never had a win against them. The fact that they have more kids in one grade than we have in the whole school has something to do with it I'm sure, but we are actually favored as their 4 leading scorers left the team for various reasons.

Morning guys.
Happy Friday to those whom that means something.
Apparently, DW decided to help youngest dd paint, and DW painted the ceiling. Badly. So, I had to go out and get some paint and finish the ceiling. Ugh.
Oh no. Man, that sucks.
We called the last one "Picnic" when we meat in the summer
Not a typo?
If so... when exactly is this meat? May want to drive down...
I'm glad to see January come to an end.
Me too. One month closer to bike weather.
Not many home remodeling jobs worse than painting a ceiling.
I’d agree with that.

I'm not quite sure how much notice we get when the barrel is matured to get down there to buy bottles. It may be kind of a last minute organized trip.

Maybe we can plan a DisDad Kentucky convention. We called the last one "Picnic" when we meat in the summer with 4 or 5 dads here and in Indiana
If I'm still on the green side of the grass in a couple of years when it is ready I will have to try to make it over.
Not a typo?
I'm not quite sure how much notice we get when the barrel is matured to get down there to buy bottles. It may be kind of a last minute organized trip.

if this happens, I could drive over.

Image result for your ideas are intriguing to me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter gif

Top of the Mornin Dads! Spent yesterday in offsite leadership meetings but we had a nice steak dinner so kinda made up for the waste of a day. I’m waiting room to get contrast MRI on my hip. Xrays were good a week ago so now MRI as issue is likely a torn labrum so we will see. Review MRI Monday afternoon with Dr and will go from there.

looking forward to Super Bowl as gonna be 60 here and sunny so me and DW are planning to outside with a fire and of course. Cigar and some bourbon of some sort.

have a good weekend gents!
Sounds like lots of beer, pizza and chicken wings coming up
You forgot the bourbon
Enjoy your moment of peace at the end of March. Spring Break for us starts March 30. Maybe we can figure out a spot for a drink if you're willing to put pants on and leave the house.
Sounds doable

Top of the Mornin Dads! Spent yesterday in offsite leadership meetings but we had a nice steak dinner so kinda made up for the waste of a day. I’m waiting room to get contrast MRI on my hip. Xrays were good a week ago so now MRI as issue is likely a torn labrum so we will see. Review MRI Monday afternoon with Dr and will go from there.

<------Hopes MRI stands for Multiple Rums Ingested.........Good Luck - we're all counting on you!

Good Luck with the hip, I hear they can be a son of a beach...

Mike at the doctor -

And, it's Friday. The bedroom still isn't done. DW and dd are working at the speed of government.

Funny how that works isn't it. I've quite offering advice.

We have a game tonight that should be a relatively easy win but we are accumulating injuries and they had to shut down the school because of illness. We really need everyone doing their best tomorrow as we take on the county school and have never had a win against them. The fact that they have more kids in one grade than we have in the whole school has something to do with it I'm sure, but we are actually favored as their 4 leading scorers left the team for various reasons.

Good luck to dd in basketball. Hope to meet up for some bourbon.

Morning guys.
Happy Friday to those whom that means something.

Oh no. Man, that sucks.

Not a typo?

Me too. One month closer to bike weather.

It's zerfonics. We did eat meat. That would enhance the bourbon bottle buying experience.

Well, it's not at Disney or around a run Disney event, so the group may not be interested. Still, I hope a few can come in. I don't know anything about the process either, how much per bottle, if there is a discount, limit per person, etc. I'm not a huge Maker's Mark fan, but I drink a lot of bourbon. It would be cool to open a bottle at each convention, and then I could open a new bottle here each year. That way, we could all be in spirits together. :lmao:

if this happens, I could drive over.

You're the CBO. You have to drive over.

looking forward to Super Bowl as gonna be 60 here and sunny so me and DW are planning to outside with a fire and of course. Cigar and some bourbon of some sort.

have a good weekend gents!

You forgot the bourbon

Sounds doable

Good luck with the hip. Hope to see you in March/April. Do you know anything about the ambassador label bourbon?

Did we lose Dan in Brexit?

View attachment 470018

:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I guess they weren't kidding around. Hopefully, America can negotiate a trade deal with the Brexited Britons which includes Internet access for 007.

Next time, make sure you drink a bunch of Tequila with Agave before you go there....that way everyone can have a bunch of fun! :rotfl2:

Don Julio Anejo Disdad label experience. I'm sure there are some better Mexican tequilas, but I don't know their names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter