DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Sunday. A good day at work. Played tennis this afternoon and did quite well. Now, I'm waiting for the knee to swell. Home watching more Australian Open.

Switched up some ADRs. Kona was a let down last time, and the Flying Fish menu wasn't impressive. So, we went with Coral Reef and Brown Derby. I had wanted Garden Grove, but Friday night seafood buffet was all sold out.

Genesis 6:15, you have until Monday. We're all counting on you! You can do it! :thumbsup2

God. Rainbow. Covenant. Not worried.

Where are you at? I looked at Nashville, but the temp there is a fairly warm 40.

I'm about 2 hours north, north west. That's cold for us. It was in the 30s when I posted that.

Afternoon chaps. All day yesterday and half a day today decorating the Curly haired ninja's bedroom. Final coats in about 2 hours. and then all the masking tape can come off. The client is happy, so thats all good.

As oldest is gone, younger dd wasted no time is asking for the room. So, we bought her the paint and she painted it. Took her two days. She was deliberate, clean, but not efficient. She seems happy with it. We still need to steam clean the carpet and I'll help her move furniture in.

Hope you can get the dates to work out. It would be good to see you again. I'll bring the pickleball gear since it travels easier by plane. Or, tennis racquet if you want.

Last edited:
Morning, Gents!

Been busy at work the few days, been going between the stockroom and the warehouse. I like going between the two because it makes the day go by so much quicker. Still haven't heard anything on that job interview I had last week, but I'm not holding out hope. In all honesty, I'd almost rather stay where I'm at. There's no benefits right now as I'm just a temp, but there's also no annoying questions as to why I have a medical course on my resume and what do I plan to do with it, which I have gotten in interviews. If my current temp employer decides to hire me, I can continue to study for my medical coding without worrying of leaving a job I just started. For me, if I get a job, I feel obligated to stay for a couple of years before trying to leave. However, this job, for me, is a shoulder job...just something to pay the bills until I get something better, which for me is in the medical field. Anyways, I think things are looking up where I'm at, at least with them keeping me on for a while longer. I got word last week that they are going to pay for me to get my forklift license...don't think they'd do that if they weren't planning on keeping me. My boss said that even if they do decide to let me go, he's at least helped me in getting another skill set....that's pretty cool of him to think that.

Had an ok weekend. Wasn't feeling good Saturday, but managed to take my daughter to school for a rehearsal for their spring musical, The Little Mermaid. She was in this show once before when she was 5. My wife use to music direct the musical at a local high school, and when they did The Little Mermaid, the director said to bring my daughter along and she can be one of the small fishes in the sea. So I think my daughter's the only 1st grader with an artistic resume. Anyway, also took my daughter ice skating on Saturday as well. We met up with a friend of hers and had a blast. Yesterday was spent at a church gig and running errands. And now we find ourselves back to Monday.

Well, enough of me rambling. Have a good day, gents.

Afternoon chaps. All day yesterday and half a day today decorating the Curly haired ninja's bedroom. Final coats in about 2 hours. and then all the masking tape can come off. The client is happy, so thats all good. Except now I've got to upscale an antique wardrobe, oh yeah, and now the Lady K wants the hallway done. Upstairs and downstairs. And a new set of banisters. And a stair runner. Joy. Maybe I'll go on the game to help pay for it. Any busy corners round your ways?

Quite the handyman. I'm always afraid to start projects for fear of not being able to finish them.

Apart from my commonwealth brothers, it's too cold to stand on the street corner in high heels and pantyhose this time of year in Canada. even with my hairy legs.

Right, so now the high heels and the pantyhose are in play, Now you want me to fit your kitchen. Gotcha.

Oh the imagery that's going through my head right now. :rotfl2:

As oldest is gone, younger dd wasted no time is asking for the room. So, we bought her the paint and she painted it. Took her two days. She was deliberate, clean, but not efficient. She seems happy with it. We still need to steam clean the carpet and I'll help her move furniture in.

It didn't take me long to move into my older brother's room when he moved out, either. I think it's a right of every younger sibling to do that.

Last edited:
Morning, folks.
Not much to report from the Great White North... Snowed yesterday... surprise...

We only have the one cat now, but she's been talking for a few months about getting another. She thinks the cat needs a friend to play with.
Sure. Or to fight with. Or to shove off of furniture. Whichever.
I think it may have it's roots in New Brunswick. Maybe? Darcy @declansdad ?

But it's a real thing http://kent.ca/
Huh. Thanks for the link.
I'm just here to bring the cockney lexicography to the team buddy.
We appreciate it.
I'll bring some Canadian lexicography to the conversation.

Eh.

You're welcome.
Waiting for the bed to arrive to complete and then I'll put up a before and after.
Standing by. :)
I'm about 2 hours north, north west. That's cold for us. It was in the 30s when I posted that.
mmm... 30s... Can't wait for 30s again. Sick of wearing a coat already.l
For me, if I get a job, I feel obligated to stay for a couple of years before trying to leave.
Honourable, but... trust me, your job will 1. get rid of you the second they don't need you and 2. not miss you the second you leave.
Don't let it hold you back.
However, this job, for me, is a shoulder job...just something to pay the bills until I get something better, which for me is in the medical field
When I worked at one of my first jobs, I made it very clear that I was only there to put me through university then I'd be gone. And I did.
Oh, something I forgot to mention: The organization I belong to, and where I'm trying to get my certification through, is having their convention this year down in Disney World. Another reason for me to quickly get certified: cool locations for conventions.
::yes::

Honourable, but... trust me, your job will 1. get rid of you the second they don't need you and 2. not miss you the second you leave.
Don't let it hold you back.

This is true, but a hard one for me to grasp and implement. I truly feel obligated at times to stay, even though I shouldn't. I've always done this, but I tend to put others first and me second...something that needs to change, I know.

When I worked at one of my first jobs, I made it very clear that I was only there to put me through university then I'd be gone. And I did.

That's bold of you to do that. My immediate supervisor/lead, knows that I'm trying to get a better job, so there's no hiding it there. My boss, although I have told him, should know that, as a temp, I'm always out looking for a permanent job, but he may have forgotten.

:thumbsup2

Wow. Just heard about Kobe Bryant. I saw him in Chicago against the Bulls in 2008 and in London in 2010 (but only for about 5 minutes). Fantastic Player. Helicopters suck.

While it's sad and my heart goes out to the families, it was a bit disturbing too ...
Here, it was almost impossible to find a station that WASN'T talking about it. I guess that's what I don't like about news in general...almost always the bad stuff and I just find it depressing in general

There was a show I was watching and it got interrupted for coverage. I kept hoping they'd go back, but after they said the same things 4-5 times or showed the same footage multiple times, I switched over to Netflix.

Why is the only "news worthy" stuff bad?
Get off my lawn!

I tend to put others first and me second...something that needs to change, I know.
That's not altogether a bad thing. In fact it can be quite admirable. But you have to pick your circumstances. While it's good to be known as a loyal employee, it's also good to keep in mind that your employer may not (or may! there are some good ones out there) be similarly inclined.
That's bold of you to do that. My immediate supervisor/lead, knows that I'm trying to get a better job, so there's no hiding it there. My boss, although I have told him, should know that, as a temp, I'm always out looking for a permanent job, but he may have forgotten.
They kept asking me to be a manager and I kept telling them no, that I was leaving in x amount of time.
Here, it was almost impossible to find a station that WASN'T talking about it. I guess that's what I don't like about news in general...almost always the bad stuff and I just find it depressing in general
I will be brutally honest here.

Is it tragic? Absolutely. But we had a fire in the north central part of the province yesterday that claimed a woman's life and seriously injured a man.
Now I totally understand that people have heard of Kobe and a vanishingly small part of the population know this woman... but one is not more tragic than the other.
I despise how I am made to feel that I have to mourn the loss of one individual but not that of another simply because one is famous and another is not. Do I feel the loss of Kobe more keenly than that of some unknown woman? Yes. But not a lot more. I never had Kobe over for dinner or laughed with him over drinks. His loss (or anyone else that I don't have any relationship with at all) does not significantly affect me.
So excuse me if someone says "OMG! Did you hear? Kobe Bryant just died!", I'll be surprised, I'll ask how, but I'm not going to be overly upset by it either.

When CJ passed, I was much more affected. I'd never met him, but I did have a relationship with him, however slight.

Feel free to flame.

While it's sad and my heart goes out to the families, it was a bit disturbing too ...

There was a show I was watching and it got interrupted for coverage. I kept hoping they'd go back, but after they said the same things 4-5 times or showed the same footage multiple times, I switched over to Netflix.

Get off my lawn!

Image result for if it bleeds it leads

Morning all.

Yesterday was a day of freezing rain followed by rain. Today the streets and roads are good but the parking lots are terrible. Good times in the Maritimes.

Off the a conference tomorrow for a couple of days, missed this one last year so it's good to be going back.

Have a good one all.

Hey Gang. I've been out for awhile from the board, happy to be back. Moving day is officially on the 15th (we get the keys on the 13th). I'm just trying to stay alive until then. I never thought living with my MIL could be so hard, but well, I don't advise it. I'll be thrilled to finally have my own place again

Let there be rain!

Glorious rain here today and temp above freezing. I am hoping there is no flooding, but we desperately needed something to fall from the sky that we didn't have to shovel. Hopefully the snow banks will get a little smaller and roads will get a little wider.
City public transit just went back on the roads today. University and high schools opened. But younger kids (my youngest DD included) are still off. The school board did not feel the roads were safe enough (i.e. wide enough for cars + buses) to have smaller kids walking around. I am OK with that decision.

Is it tragic? Absolutely. But we had a fire in the north central part of the province yesterday that claimed a woman's life and seriously injured a man.
Now I totally understand that people have heard of Kobe and a vanishingly small part of the population know this woman... but one is not more tragic than the other.
I despise how I am made to feel that I have to mourn the loss of one individual but not that of another simply because one is famous and another is not. Do I feel the loss of Kobe more keenly than that of some unknown woman? Yes. But not a lot more. I never had Kobe over for dinner or laughed with him over drinks. His loss (or anyone else that I don't have any relationship with at all) does not significantly affect me.
So excuse me if someone says "OMG! Did you hear? Kobe Bryant just died!", I'll be surprised, I'll ask how, but I'm not going to be overly upset by it either.

When CJ passed, I was much more affected. I'd never met him, but I did have a relationship with him, however slight.

Feel free to flame.
I really appreciate the honesty. It's what I was thinking but wasn't sure I should say it. I'm glad you did. I find it very sad, but there were others on the same helicopter who lost their lives too.

I think of CJ often, especially when I'm on the boards. Like you, I never met him, but I felt a connection with him.

Feel free to flame.

No flames here, brother. Very well said.

My future nephew is a police officer and he said it's sad people make a big deal out of this because Kobe was a "celebrity". Hundreds of police officers get killed defending us and nobody (well, much fewer) cares.

Agreed, much more devastating when I heard about CJ.

Let there be rain!

Glorious rain here today and temp above freezing. I am hoping there is no flooding, but we desperately needed something to fall from the sky that we didn't have to shovel. Hopefully the snow banks will get a little smaller and roads will get a little wider.
City public transit just went back on the roads today. University and high schools opened. But younger kids (my youngest DD included) are still off. The school board did not feel the roads were safe enough (i.e. wide enough for cars + buses) to have smaller kids walking around. I am OK with that decision.
Glad it's not more snow Jeff. Hope you don't have flooding. Having lived in GA, where a few flurries incited mass hysteria, I'm glad to hear they're erring on the side of caution there...you know how to deal with snow and if it's that bad, no need endangering the kids!

Morning all.

Yesterday was a day of freezing rain followed by rain. Today the streets and roads are good but the parking lots are terrible. Good times in the Maritimes.
Let there be rain!

Stay safe gents and sorry the weather has hit some extremes for you guys. However, you do realize you live in Canada right? I mean snow and ice kinda comes with the territory. I'm thinking central Florida would be beneficial weather wise?

Happy Monday. No, that didn't make sense. Sorry I didn't win the lotto and had to go back to work Monday. Really sore today from tennis though, but able to walk.

Oh, something I forgot to mention: The organization I belong to, and where I'm trying to get my certification through, is having their convention this year down in Disney World. Another reason for me to quickly get certified: cool locations for conventions.

Disney conventions are great. Problem is that work wants you to go to the convention, and not play in Disney all day.

This is true, but a hard one for me to grasp and implement. I truly feel obligated at times to stay, even though I shouldn't. I've always done this, but I tend to put others first and me second...something that needs to change, I know.

I had that same mentality. However, it's not reciprocated by most all employers. It is at the Church, but no other employers I've been around.

Get off my lawn!

The news radio kept talking about the tragic loss of Kobe, his daughter, and then hurriedly referenced the others that died as an afterthought, but not by name.
It was obviously disengenous.

Feel free to flame.

I'm with you. One day, the media decided that what sports athletes and actors think and say is important. Important enough to pay them millions, owners billions, and fool people into buying $100 jerseys to make more profits. I like sports, still compete in the too old/ too fat division. I enjoyed some of the basketball games, but that's it. Our embassy got attacked in Iraq, but the news story is the death of Kobe and the non-named others. I would think the efforts of our military, police, firefighters, etc would be acknowledged over basketball players. But, since there is no money there, the media doesn't report that.

I was fortunate to meet CJ and eat lunch with him. I enjoyed talking with him over the years. That was more real for me.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Mondays .......... Spent Saturday helping the Mrs with stuff around the house and we had a completely lazy day on Sunday other than making bloody marys in the a.m. and pasta dinner for the p.m. Let's have a good week fellas!

Did you make your own pasta? That's impressive.

Hey Gang. I've been out for awhile from the board, happy to be back. Moving day is officially on the 15th (we get the keys on the 13th). I'm just trying to stay alive until then. I never thought living with my MIL could be so hard, but well, I don't advise it. I'll be thrilled to finally have my own place again

We stayed at MIL for a couple of days when our power went out in an ice storm several years ago. I'll stay home and freeze next time.

Morning All,

Headed to the airport shortly, wish I was heading south instead of west but this conference is a good one so it should be interesting. Headed south soon so I still have that to look forward to.

Have a good one all. Glad you woke up this morning Randall, the cruise wouldn't be the same without you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter