DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon brethren from a overcast London. Fun scenes in the House of Commons last night as Parliament was suspended for 5 weeks, so the toffs can get their tax dodging Brexit through. It's gone proper Batshizzle over here.

Awesome! Probably nobody there over Easter break.
We land Easter Saturday as this is when the kids are off, and then are maybe hitting Mammoth to introduce the kids to skiing. Or Palm Springs to introduce us to cocktails.
We get to Anaheim the Thursday after Easter Monday for four days. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but hey, it is what it is.
Then off to Santa Monica.
Besides the fall, April is one of the best months to come out here to California. Enough sun for shorts, but not hot enough to ruin the vacation! Just drop off some Crunchie as your flying overhead!
Cheers fella! Crunchie fan? Not a problem. I'll gladly swap them for a Heath Bar or two, which is pretty much the only American candy we can't get over here. Anyways, I'll toss a couple of bars out of the flight deck as we pass over Sacramento.
Got Oga's Cantina 4 time
Nice, it's a cool spot. It's interesting IMHO now the 2 best bars are film themed with that and Jock Lindsays, which Nomad coming a close third.

Rose & Crown
Weirdly, as a Brit, this year was the first year I set foot in the pub, and the kids fancied some chips from the Yorkshire place, which we've never eaten at. Generally when I've drunk around the world I've bought Innis from the cart outside. Space 220 does look good.
Chattanooga
It's impossible to read this without Glen Miller in my head. My Nan used to sing it to me.
Start of the one of the best weeks of the year here, Harvest Jazz and Blues kicks off tomorrow.
Enjoy that mate!
11 days until we fly off to sunny, humid Orlando. Kids are starting to match my excitement level.
That's one of the best parts of the trip, those last few days before you go.....

Have a great day chaps.....

Morning Guys, another beautiful morning here.

Still lots of cleanup going on in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. I saw some pictures from a campground in PEI and it looked like every trailer had been picked up and thrown around. I think everything was a total write-off. Not sure how Newfoundland made out, I know it stayed on the western side so Jeff would have been out of harm's way.

About to head for a checkup with my eye doctor. I've put this off for at least 2 years as I am expecting to be told it's time for progressive lens. That does sound better that bifocals though.

Have a good one all.

I'll gladly swap them for a Heath Bar or two, which is pretty much the only American candy we can't get over here
I wish I'd know this...would have been happy to bring you some when we met up.

On the other hand, considering I forgot to make you cheesecake or bacon, I probably would've forgotten. :sad:

About to head for a checkup with my eye doctor. I've put this off for at least 2 years as I am expecting to be told it's time for progressive lens. That does sound better that bifocals though.
My wife got progressives and I opted for the bifocals.
She constantly says how she has to tilt her head to find the right "zone". I'm about due for new ones as well, guess I need to make an appointment.

I wish I'd know this...would have been happy to bring you some when we met up.

On the other hand, considering I forgot to make you cheesecake or bacon, I probably would've forgotten. :sad:
I was way ahead of you mate. Stocked up in Walmart. Or Target. Can't remember which. It had a cereal aisle that went on for as far as the eye could see...….

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nothing much of interest around here to report, so enjoy your day gents!
Nice, it's a cool spot. It's interesting IMHO now the 2 best bars are film themed with that and Jock Lindsays, which Nomad coming a close third.
Would need to include Dawa Bar and Rose & Crown. Dawa is my favorite as I like "grumpy" Bob behind the bar who has been there forever and the other bartenders are great. Some great memories when the kids were little grbbing a Tusker Lager and watching Mickey's Jungle Jammin parade plus the bloody marys in the morning.
Weirdly, as a Brit, this year was the first year I set foot in the pub, and the kids fancied some chips from the Yorkshire place, which we've never eaten at. Generally when I've drunk around the world I've bought Innis from the cart outside. Space 220 does look good.
Speaking of Rose & Crown i love a half & half or a bumblebee and DS enjoys the Cider & Black or just a Strongbow (have to keep these in the fridge for him now). Also love the atmosphere and just talking to people a bit plus love the lady on the piano.
Welcome to the club

Speaking of Rose & Crown i love a half & half or a bumblebee and DS enjoys the Cider & Black or just a Strongbow (have to keep these in the fridge for him now). Also love the atmosphere and just talking to people a bit plus love the lady on the piano.
Don't get me started on the things in the Rose and Crown that are just plain wrong, which is probably why I've swerved it for so long. So it wouldn't make my top 10. But I guess any Canadian/Mexican/German/American would say the same about their respective areas, so I probably need to get over myself, and enjoy it in the spirit that it was created.

Don't get me started on the things in the Rose and Crown that are just plain wrong, which is probably why I've swerved it for so long. So it wouldn't make my top 10. But I guess any Canadian/Mexican/German/American would say the same about their respective areas, so I probably need to get over myself, and enjoy it in the spirit that it was created.

What do you mean? We all dress like lumberjacks and peddle maple syrup here in Canada.

We land Easter Saturday as this is when the kids are off, and then are maybe hitting Mammoth to introduce the kids to skiing. Or Palm Springs to introduce us to cocktails.
We get to Anaheim the Thursday after Easter Monday for four days. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but hey, it is what it is.
Then off to Santa Monica.
Sounds good. Seeing Disneyland is on my must do list...someday.
One thing I would like to see too is the Disney family museum. Maybe not so great with kids though.

It's impossible to read this without Glen Miller in my head. My Nan used to sing it to me.
Nothing wrong with some Chattanooga Choo Choo.
I wonder if anyone else uses Nan instead of grandma. Very common around my place due to our British influence

Not sure how Newfoundland made out, I know it stayed on the western side so Jeff would have been out of harm's way.
Lots of high wind Saturday night and Sunday around my place. The only damage was a cracked plastic hanging basket that blew off the house. The flowers had seen better days anyway.
Heavy seas on the west coast of the island with some power outages due to downed trees, but nothing like Nova Scotia.

I broke down a few months ago. I just couldn’t read my phone text anymore. I avoided bifocals though since I wear contacts during the day. Eye Doc dropped the power in my left lens to compensate. So now I can manage on my phone and still see okay at distance, even if it’s a bit fuzzier than it used to be.

What do you mean? We all dress like lumberjacks and peddle maple syrup here in Canada.
I didn't get the update, I thought we all lived in igloos, eating polar bears and seals, while the police ride around on horseback:rolleyes1
I seem to have touched a nerve here, brace yourselves for a Tsunami of pent up Canadian resentment.....:duck::rotfl2:

Mor... oops, afternoon gents.
I presume that conversation was a while ago, not recently? Kinda like a kid with an animal? I'll take care of it, I promise.
Yeah, that was... about 10 years ago? Been doing all the work ever since.
Sorry man...you didn't want to give her a pool boy also? ;)
I'm too sore for anything. She can have a pool boy.
I want a hot tub. You available?
Thanks. I'll come soak in your hot tub after you get it.

That's what you meant, right?
A great idea. Spend more money for the therapist to tell you your wife is always right. :lmao:
:laughing:
McEnroe is the worst. Total a-hat. Serena is not at that level. I'm not even sure Kyrgios is at the McEnroe level.
He was awful... and not too sure how much was just to throw off his opponent.
My wife got progressives and I opted for the bifocals.
She constantly says how she has to tilt her head to find the right "zone". I'm about due for new ones as well, guess I need to make an appointment.
I got progressives. Took a bit of getting used to. The head tilt is a real thing, though. But only when I sit too close (or too far) from the computer.
Don't get me started on the things in the Rose and Crown that are just plain wrong, which is probably why I've swerved it for so long. So it wouldn't make my top 10. But I guess any Canadian/Mexican/German/American would say the same about their respective areas,
Nope. ours is accurate.
See?
I didn't get the update, I thought we all lived in igloos, eating polar bears and seals, while the police ride around on horseback:rolleyes1
Not quite right. We eat the seals, the polar bears eat us:
I seem to have touched a nerve here, brace yourselves for a Tsunami of pent up Canadian resentment.....:duck::rotfl2:
No, it's angst. We have angst.

Mor... oops, afternoon gents.

Yeah, that was... about 10 years ago? Been doing all the work ever since.

I'm too sore for anything. She can have a pool boy.

Thanks. I'll come soak in your hot tub after you get it.

That's what you meant, right?

:laughing:

He was awful... and not too sure how much was just to throw off his opponent.

I got progressives. Took a bit of getting used to. The head tilt is a real thing, though. But only when I sit too close (or too far) from the computer.

Nope. ours is accurate.

See?

Not quite right. We eat the seals, the polar bears eat us:
View attachment 434731

:lmao: :lmao:

I broke down a few months ago. I just couldn’t read my phone text anymore. I avoided bifocals though since I wear contacts during the day. Eye Doc dropped the power in my left lens to compensate. So now I can manage on my phone and still see okay at distance, even if it’s a bit fuzzier than it used to be.

Progressive it will be. Distance is still fine but it is the reading part that is the problem. Two for One at Pearle Vision though so that's good.

Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter