• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sorry I'm late to the party today. Could stop shaking my head today long enough to see and type. That Bears performance last night was just horrible! Have a good weekend gents.
Mikey, I wont need much help sleeping but if I do I’ll just stick the Chicago offence on.
Yea what the heck was that mess........Listened to Chicago sports talk radio this morning and Nagy & company were getting torched for that performance and justifiably so. Nice to have you back
Morning Guys.

Apparently Hurricane Dorian is headed our way but I think it should squeeze between where I am and where Jeff is. Looks like parts of Nova Scotia should be in for a wild ride tomorrow.
Stay safe guys
Having just been through that, watch out for ladders!
I don't have much except TGIF.
My company is hosting a pig roast tonight to celebrate it's 100th anniversary (the company, not the pig). I'm skipping it. I'm skipping it. I see these people all week. I would much rather spend Friday night with my family. Parties are just not my thing. I guess that makes me anti-social and a grumpy old man. Oh well. Get off my lawn.
I'm with you. Spend way too much time with the folks we work with and we normally don't like every single one of them.
Image result for chevy chase ladder gif
Beat me to it
Beat me to it again

But ya missed one
:rotfl2::rotfl2:That’s a lovely syntax gag. Well played, my man.

Well that means Disney would be in the middle of us. Sounds like a good place to meet up....

It will take at least 10 days, as your body learns to burn fat over sugar.

It didn't really happen on the West Coast mate. There was a bit of a squall, and the tide was higher than normal, but no real drama.

But they are killers in the US. Whereas tactical assault rifles are more than acceptable :duck:

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in Loading Bay 7 in GE after several rounds of Gold Leaders gets to take Rey home. And, let me tell ya boys, I think you're in luck. I heard she goes down faster than Doc on a ladder.

Have a great weekend chaps.
Nah, Doc’s a Georgia boy, she’s gonna be pullin’ pork.
Maybe she’ll bring him some spare ribs.
Killing it today, again nice to have you back.

Morning boys from a sunny London. Jet Lag last night, so was awake from 1-3AM. Feeling it now. My Alien Swirling Saucer is firmly attached to the couch today.

I got the wrong Island. I thought you said Amelia Island, which is East coast. Doh.
If we were had been booked on Amelia Island, I don't think I'd have chanced it mate, I would have stayed at Disney. Particularly with the wait times they were posting.
Listened to Chicago sports talk radio this morning and Nagy & company were getting torched for that performance and justifiably so. Nice to have you back
Agreed, as they should be. I wouldn't be shocked if they either had a losing season or won the NFC. It's all on Nagy and Mitch. I thought the defence look OK with Pagano, but he's no Fangio. There was a lack of mixing up the attack, I think Pagano is a bit Blitz heavy.
That's enough from the sports desk, now the weather with Jeff.

Stay safe whoever is in Dorian's path, and have a great day fellas.

Morning all. Good Keto news - dropped 10 pounds in 9 days, and I'm not hungry all the time. Bad Keto news - can't sleep and the before mentioned lack of energy. I know next week will be different, and I'm in this for the long haul.

Well that means Disney would be in the middle of us. Sounds like a good place to meet up....

Cocoa Beach is an hour + away from Disney. I hope I can manage that drive for 20 years. I initially wanted to consider Celebration or some other nearby community near Orlando. However, Disney's constant price increases have just taken its toll on me. We'll stay close the beach and enjoy the ocean.

I got the wrong Island. I thought you said Amelia Island, which is East coast. Doh.

We did like Amelia island as well. However, that drive to Disney us further than Cocoa. Still, a very nice area.

Sorry I'm late to the party today. Could stop shaking my head today long enough to see and type. That Bears performance last night was just horrible! Have a good weekend gents.

Yea what the heck was that mess........Listened to Chicago sports talk radio this morning and Nagy & company were getting torched for that performance and justifiably so. Nice to have you back

Just up the bourbon intake until the Bears' score is blurry enough for you to think they won. :lmao:

Keep with it Norm.

Typically the first few days are keto "flu" as you body detoxifies. I typically avoid that by fasting 2 days and then I'm immediately into ketosis vs gradually and "flu" stage
Not familiar with lack of energy...I find without the carbs, I have tons more of energy.

Call, text or PM me if needed
Happy to help if I can

Last edited:
Afternoon Gents.

Wet one here but luckily we are just in for lots of rain and maybe some wind gusts. People south of us are still in the path and will get it as either a hurricane or a tropical storm. I pulled this from a news story just posted on CBC:

Some flights in and out of the Fredericton International Airport have also been cancelled.

Many balloon flights have also been cancelled in the province as well. Hot air balloons in Sussex at the Atlantic Balloon Fiesta had been scheduled to rise on Saturday afternoon, but the weather put a damper on those plans.

If you don't live here or know about the balloon fiesta you would think that people in NB travel around by hot air balloons.

Have a good one all.

Last edited:
Good Keto news - dropped 10 pounds in 9 days, and I'm not hungry all the time. Bad Keto news - can't sleep and the before mentioned lack of energy. I know next week will be different, and I'm in this for the long haul.
10lbs??? Impressive.
Hopefully the sleep and energy issues will get resolved.

That's enough from the sports desk, now the weather with Jeff.
Weather here is sunny but a cool east wind blowing. Because of the counter clockwise spin of the hurricane. It’s the only real effect I’ll see from Dorian. Thankfully.

Wet one here but luckily we are just in for lots of rain and maybe some wind guts. People south of us are still in the path and will get it as either a hurricane or a tropical storm. I pulled this from a news story just posted on CBC:
Radar looks bad over you but hopefully rain won’t be too bad. I’ve been watching the news and it said 50,000 in NB are without power. Hope you aren’t affected Darcy.

Watching the news, pictures from Halifax look nasty but nothing like the Bahamas.

f you don't live here or know about the balloon fiesta you would think that people in NB travel around by hot air balloons.
:rotfl2:

It’s as though fall came early to Sacramento. 77° F with a nice breeze. Managed to get my first 10K training run in this morning, which means this afternoon is nap time on the couch! Definitely feeling my age on this one!

Happy Saturday. Survived tennis, but didn't play as well as I tried to hold back to conserve energy. I did try Gatorade zero, which helped some.

Keep with it Norm.

Typically the first few days are keto "flu" as you body detoxifies. I typically avoid that by fasting 2 days and then I'm immediately into ketosis vs gradually and "flu" stage
Not familiar with lack of energy...I find without the carbs, I have tons more of energy.

Call, text or PM me if needed
Happy to help if I can

Thanks. DW found a MD, who now is a PA, who works out of urgent care and sees patients on the side for weight loss using Keto. He has a terrific and terrible story - MD, opioid addiction, loss license, 450 pounds, barely walk, disability, diabetic, Keto, lost almost 300 pounds, and now is PA.

We are writing everything down, and met with him for 30 minutes, with weekly follow up visits, and he'll do blood tests as well.

He said to give it 30 days, and like you, also that if I go lower in carbs, I can get there faster. I may get with you for recipes when I can eat more carbs.

If you don't live here or know about the balloon fiesta you would think that people in NB travel around by hot air balloons.

Grew up in Louisville, where we have the balloon race leading up to the derby festivities one day each year. At one point, we had a field across from my parents' house, and a balloon got blown off course during practice and crash landed there. It was always fun to see all the balloons in the sky.

10lbs??? Impressive.
Hopefully the sleep and energy issues will get resolved.

Thanks. Doc recommended increasing my sodium level. The Doc said like our ladder falling Doc said here, the energy level will return and then some once I get thru my current withdrawals.

I don’t watch a lot of tennis, but I’m looking forward to this.

#SHETHENORTH

Congrats to your Canadian player on winning the the US open. I was disappointed Serena lost.

It’s as though fall came early to Sacramento. 77° F with a nice breeze. Managed to get my first 10K training run in this morning, which means this afternoon is nap time on the couch! Definitely feeling my age on this one!

I'm hoping that once I get the weight off, that my knees will be healthy enough to train for a 5K. I still might have to have surgery on my knees first before it's possible. I would like to do the runDisney event one day.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that once I get the weight off, that my knees will be healthy enough to train for a 5K. I still might have to have surgery on my knees first before it's possible. I would like to do the runDisney event one day.

runDisney was my motivation too! But I wouldn’t worry so much about weight loss to start training for a run. Definitely take care of your knees first and let their health be your guide. If your doctor signs off on the knees, there is no reason you can’t start running today.

Right before I started running, I had the same idea—only once I lost some weight, then I can start running. That was my idea until I read about a guy who started 5K training when he was 5’6” and 320 lbs. Then I changed my mind and decided to just start running and not wait for the weight loss first. When I started my training I was at 267 lbs (I’m 6 foot). I’m still at 237 lbs, classified as a “heavy runner” because I’m not a pixie, but even at my current weight, my body can handle it. And in my races, I’ve been passed by people shorter and way heavier than me. So overall weight being a limitation to running is highly overrated.

Anyway, I started with a modified training from the Jeff Galloway guide that’s free on runDisney. And I mistakenly thought I had to run a 5K distance first before signing up for runDisney. Until a coworker told me it was 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile of running before stopping for a character photo, catching your breath, and repeating that format. Definitely not a race for getting a personal record! 😂

I’ve done two live 5K races here at home, with 3 more through the end of the year. I did the virtual runDisney this summer. Our 2020 WDW trip won’t line up with any runDisney events, but I’m really hoping to do runDisney in person in 2021.

Weather here is sunny but a cool east wind blowing. Because of the counter clockwise spin of the hurricane. It’s the only real effect I’ll see from Dorian. Thankfully.

Radar looks bad over you but hopefully rain won’t be too bad. I’ve been watching the news and it said 50,000 in NB are without power. Hope you aren’t affected Darcy.

Watching the news, pictures from Halifax look nasty but nothing like the Bahamas.

Rained here all day and still raining. Saint John and Moncton areas have had some damage and power outages. Halifax and that part of NS seems to have lots of damage. I watched a video of the winds blowing a construction crane off the top of a high rise being built, scary stuff. Lots of footage of the area around the harbour being under water.

Congrats to your Canadian player on winning the the US open. I was disappointed Serena lost.

I'm never disappointed when Serena loses, she has to be one of the worst sports in tennis.

Rained here all day and still raining. Saint John and Moncton areas have had some damage and power outages. Halifax and that part of NS seems to have lots of damage. I watched a video of the winds blowing a construction crane off the top of a high rise being built, scary stuff. Lots of footage of the area around the harbour being under water.
I saw that crane video too, crazy stuff. My sister in law who lives in Lunenberg lost power but otherwise okay. Not sure how long they’ll be without power so they may lose some frozen food. But considering what the Bahamas went through, they are considering themselves lucky.

Morning All,

nice morning here in this part of NB. Lots of people without power in other parts of the Maritimes. Seeing some pictures of the damage throughout the region. Nothing like the Bahamas thankfully but still damage none the less. Also hearing that there are line-ups at many Tim Horton stores this morning.

Have a great day all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter