DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

bloody marys in the morning.
Image result for homer simpson drooling gif

I grew up in Mammoth. My dad is retired California Highway Patrol and that's where he was transferred to when I was 3. Great place to grow up!
Nice! We skied there about 12 years ago and then used it as a stopover on our way up the Cali coast for our Honeymoon...

Cheers fella! Crunchie fan? Not a problem. I'll gladly swap them for a Heath Bar or two, which is pretty much the only American candy we can't get over here. Anyways, I'll toss a couple of bars out of the flight deck as we pass over Sacramento.

My wife is from Ireland, so whenever we go, I usually load up on Jelly Tots and Crunchie, with maybe a few Curly Wurly thrown in. All the Crunchie off of Amazon are either too expensive or broken when they arrive. My local Cost Plus has Lion, Bounty, and gets a good selection of Quality Street during the holidays, but not the stuff that I want. There is a place in New York called Food Ireland that has a robust selection of all the good UK and Irish treats. But I will look to the sky for my bounty of riches!

My wife is from Ireland, so whenever we go, I usually load up on Jelly Tots and Crunchie, with maybe a few Curly Wurly thrown in. All the Crunchie off of Amazon are either too expensive or broken when they arrive. My local Cost Plus has Lion, Bounty, and gets a good selection of Quality Street during the holidays, but not the stuff that I want. There is a place in New York called Food Ireland that has a robust selection of all the good UK and Irish treats. But I will look to the sky for my bounty of riches!
Seriously mate let me know when you want some and I’ll ship you them over and just transfer me the dough. I do love a bounty. Almond joys are close but not quite.

Last edited:
And Tuesday has come and gone. Maybe I'm keto-grumpier than usual, or maybe people are just bigger carp heads than usual. Bring on some pickleball.

McEnroe is the worst. Total a-hat. Serena is not at that level. I'm not even sure Kyrgios is at the McEnroe level.

Kyrgios is a just out there. As bad as McEnroe is, he at least tries to win. Kyrgios seems more concerned about the collar of his shirt.

About to head for a checkup with my eye doctor. I've put this off for at least 2 years as I am expecting to be told it's time for progressive lens. That does sound better that bifocals though.

Have a good one all.

Still winning that bet with the eye doctor. He said I would need cheaters. I told him he would retire first. Winning.

Don't get me started on the things in the Rose and Crown that are just plain wrong, which is probably why I've swerved it for so long. So it wouldn't make my top 10. But I guess any Canadian/Mexican/German/American would say the same about their respective areas, so I probably need to get over myself, and enjoy it in the spirit that it was created.

Disney got the some of the American restaurants right. Super huge buffets for non-stop eating so we can all get fat.

Thanks. I'll come soak in your hot tub after you get it.

That's what you meant, right?

Sure, you can use my new hot tub after you hand dig the hole, purchase it, install it, and get it going. 15 minutes should be reward enough for you.

Isn’t that a Bieber track? That concludes the argument, I believe.

Not so quick there big boy.

Still winning that bet with the eye doctor. He said I would need cheaters. I told him he would retire first. Winning.

The doctor I saw today is actually retired. His son took over the practice but broke his leg so Dad has to fill in.

Watch out! We've been invaded!

We land Easter Saturday as this is when the kids are off, and then are maybe hitting Mammoth to introduce the kids to skiing. Or Palm Springs to introduce us to cocktails.
We get to Anaheim the Thursday after Easter Monday for four days. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but hey, it is what it is.
Then off to Santa Monica.

No matter what happens, I guarantee this will be better than being at work.

You forgot the wolf as a pet.

If someone thought I kept a wolf as a pet, I wouldn't work too hard to dissuade them.

One thing I would like to see too is the Disney family museum. Maybe not so great with kids though.

My kids did fine in there. The huge model of Disneyland was really cool.

Disney got the some of the American restaurants right. Super huge buffets for non-stop eating so we can all get fat.

america-collage.png

There's no melted cheese in there. Dicey. Very dicey on it's allowability.
@Steppesister just wants to hang out with the cool kids. I've already warned her to avert her eyes from any Friday night posts. :p
Or we could turn our attention to the princes?
No matter what happens, I guarantee this will be better than being at work.
I just got a project to refit Legoland Florida store a little bit, so........
Heroes all.

Kyrgios is a just out there. As bad as McEnroe is, he at least tries to win. Kyrgios seems more concerned about the collar of his shirt.
To wade in slightly, McEnroe, although sometimes a complete bell end, was one of the greatest Tennis players of his generation and deserves a mention in the all time greats. Kyrgios isn't fit to lace McEnroe's shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!