DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Our CBO (Chief Bacon Officer) will be around to give you a formal greeting and a shiny new number. In the meanwhile, jump in on any pointless conversation you find. Any trips planned?
WE are going to WDW in Jan 19 for a two week stay at AKL.

Yes I am new, I don't have a DIs Dad#. How do I get a hold of Cinderella's Fella to join?
Don't worry, he'll find you very soon.

In the meantime, :welcome:

Just a word of warning. Some people here will try to convince you that dues are you have to buy Dole whips for everyone. And that's completely correct.

Cheers have a great weekend
View attachment 357864

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Zmack! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #852!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Top O the Mornin Dads! Enjoying the weekend with DS home on fall break. Looking forward to some good football games today and some big ribeyes on the grill. A few beverages and a cigar while enjoying the fall weather likely on tap today as well. Enjoy the weekend and any kid events you got goin on.
Yes I am new, I don't have a DIs Dad#. How do I get a hold of Cinderella's Fella to join?
Welcome to our online happy place. Pull up a chair, pour your favorite beverage and join in the conversation.

For you guys that do cruises, did you all do the drink packages? The way I'm calculating it, it is $51 a day per adult person for alcohol package. So, let's go with $100. Drinks are carp beer $5 to super premium $13. I'll go with better beer and mojitos, but you know, am open to drinking most anything. DW won't drink as much as me. But, if I go an average of $9 a drink, then 11 drinks a day between two people makes it a break even. I'm thinking that less than one an hour is not much of a challenge. Am I missing something?

WE are going to WDW in Jan 19 for a two week stay at AKL.

You're too new for classic DisDad effort. Are you DVC? Kidani? Jambo? Studio or bigger? ADRs? I guess your outside FP+ window still, but you can add those later. Park plan? Every day or alternating days? C'mon man!!! But, two weeks is awesome. We have never made it past 10 days, which included 3 at VBR.

I was hoping to get everyone a pound of Bacon....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's better.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Enjoying the weekend with DS home on fall break. Looking forward to some good football games today and some big ribeyes on the grill. A few beverages and a cigar while enjoying the fall weather likely on tap today as well. Enjoy the weekend and any kid events you got goin on.

Good to see you are back to the cigars!

You're too new for classic DisDad effort. Are you DVC? Kidani? Jambo? Studio or bigger? ADRs? I guess your outside FP+ window still, but you can add those later. Park plan? Every day or alternating days? C'mon man!!! But, two weeks is awesome. We have never made it past 10 days, which included 3 at VBR.

We did a 10-night stay a few years back, all at BCV. (That was our first trip on the new DVC points, and we had to try them out...) We ended up doing every day in the parks to some degree, but a couple of them were casual "let's just pop into Epcot for Illuminations". (Even after the day we went to Universal.)

We're going back to 8-night stays - 10 was a bit much.

We did a 10-night stay a few years back, all at BCV. (That was our first trip on the new DVC points, and we had to try them out...) We ended up doing every day in the parks to some degree, but a couple of them were casual "let's just pop into Epcot for Illuminations". (Even after the day we went to Universal.)

We're going back to 8-night stays - 10 was a bit much.

Our home resort is BWV, and we've stayed at all the Florida dvc resorts except VGF. We originally did parks every day, but now we just do them every other day. My goal is to retire to Florida, get APs, and go as often as possible.

Staying at Jambo in a Studio Savanna View on rented DVC points. Have ADR's at BOGx3, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's, T-Rex, Boma ,Sanna, FantasylandEMM and Toy Story Emm. Parks every day except on the two Saturday's, doing those at resort and Disney Springs. Going to MK x4, AK x3, Epcot x2 and HS and a DAH. Plan to RD most days then see what the day brings. Hoping to get Fast passes for FOP and SDD as we have never done these.

Another proud dad moment, early admission to the University of New Brunswick in the Faculty of Science.

44051351_900404176821965_7206471998996742144_n.jpg

For you guys that do cruises, did you all do the drink packages? The way I'm calculating it, it is $51 a day per adult person for alcohol package. So, let's go with $100. Drinks are carp beer $5 to super premium $13. I'll go with better beer and mojitos, but you know, am open to drinking most anything. DW won't drink as much as me. But, if I go an average of $9 a drink, then 11 drinks a day between two people makes it a break even. I'm thinking that less than one an hour is not much of a challenge. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing that that price you are talking about Carnival. Don't forget the 15% gratuity on top of that.

We've never purchased it but may consider it on the next cruise. One of the drawbacks is that of your cruise has a lot of port days it cuts down on the drinking time.

Staying at Jambo in a Studio Savanna View on rented DVC points. Have ADR's at BOGx3, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's, T-Rex, Boma ,Sanna, FantasylandEMM and Toy Story Emm. Parks every day except on the two Saturday's, doing those at resort and Disney Springs. Going to MK x4, AK x3, Epcot x2 and HS and a DAH. Plan to RD most days then see what the day brings. Hoping to get Fast passes for FOP and SDD as we have never done these.

That's a lot of days and some great ADRs. Been to all of them. I was disappointed by BOG, but I guess the only better MK TS option would be the Plaza or buffet it at CP. We missed SDD opening this last trip, so we will have to wait until next time.

Another proud dad moment, early admission to the University of New Brunswick in the Faculty of Science.

44051351_900404176821965_7206471998996742144_n.jpg

Congrats.

I'm guessing that that price you are talking about Carnival. Don't forget the 15% gratuity on top of that.

We've never purchased it but may consider it on the next cruise. One of the drawbacks is that of your cruise has a lot of port days it cuts down on the drinking time.

Yes, that's carnival. I didn't put in gratuity, because i figured it would be added as a whole or individually. Can you not stay on the ship to eat & drink when the ship ports?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter