DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Have a good University visit and enjoy it. It was both exciting and a bit difficult as a parent knowing that they've grown up on ya way too fast.

This is the easy one, it is in our hometown and it is the school that DW and I both graduated from. The benefit is the possibility of on-site admission as well as the chance to win the first year tuition. We know it is his second choice but it is always good to have options.

Nope, this is the closest thing to social media I use, I have twitter but I only use it for news. I think I have a Facebook account my wife set up for me 10 years ago but I have not logged in in years.
Same here. Aside from the DIS (I suppose this is social), only "social media" I use is linkedin and I don't really consider that social, but rather professional networking.

Mine spent 2 years finishing her drivers ED. But now that she is 18 she decided that she was ready to drive herself. Of course now she has to pay for her car, gas, insurance, ETC and is having second thoughts. LOL She complained the other day that all she barely had enough money to cover her bills and didn't have any left over to go shopping with. :laughing: welcome to the real world. I also had to remind her that she needed a better job because when she graduates in may and moves out she is going to have to add rent and food into that budget.
That's what I keep telling mine sorta...she wants to move out as soon as she's 18 and there is absolutely no way she could do it on her own, so I'm trying to get her to stay in school and let dad help.

Okay, I guess that's nothing like what you're saying. ;)

I hate to be captain obvious here but 34F doesn't just feel cold it is cold. Thats 2C in Canadian degrees, its cold in any language.

I'm just glad you were captain obvious and not @Captain_Oblivious . We already have one of those and I don't think we could handle another. :lmao:

:wave: Mark!

Cold...that's another reason I'm happy to be heading to FL. As I get older, I like the cold/snow/ice less and less. It doesn't get that bad in Atlanta for the most part, but warmer is good!

'Morning all...
Ya' ever have one of those weeks where you got everything that the overlords demanded done early, and satisfying all requirements (by working days worth of your own unpaid time so that you could then beg for one day off to attend a funeral) only to heave them come back at the end of that week asking to make one "minor" change to the beginning data assumptions that basically forces you to start completely over?

Don't ya' just love it when that happens...
Can't say that I do.

If I were a betting man, I'd give 10 to 1 odds you don't either.

Cliff, here is the last thing Andriana posted on Facebook.

Holy crap! That's... pretty amazing.

Thats why I live in Texas. We may get cold snaps but -40 is for polar bears and weirdos.

:laughing: Please note that I am not disagreeing with you.

Ya' ever have one of those weeks where you got everything that the overlords demanded done early, and satisfying all requirements (by working days worth of your own unpaid time so that you could then beg for one day off to attend a funeral) only to heave them come back at the end of that week asking to make one "minor" change to the beginning data assumptions that basically forces you to start completely over?

Don't ya' just love it when that happens...

Ugh..... sorry dude.

I see where some of y'all are starting to see "cooler" temps.
I feel for y'all. They're predicting that today we'll only see a high somewhere in the low 70s-F
Oh the humanity! :rolleyes:

Aaaaaaand… a little part of me just died.

Top O the Mornin Dads! You guys see where Spaceship Earth is gonna be closed for over 2 years for a refurb?

What?????? Is this for real?
I guess it must be related to the leak they had not long ago?

All right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Everyone in Spice Road Table Bar for a Mediterranean Journey and some Illuminations. Last one standing goes home with Jasmine. And let me tell ya, for an illuminating Mediterranean journey, she loves it over sideways and under............. on a magic carpet ride

Was asked by Dan to sub in and "call it" for a bit here. He's just a bit busy with life stuff so hoping he gets back here sooner rather than later. With the new Aladdin live action trailer out, here goes..........

All right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Everyone in Spice Road Table Bar for a Mediterranean Journey and some Illuminations. Last one standing goes home with Jasmine. And let me tell ya, for an illuminating Mediterranean journey, she loves it over sideways and under............. on a magic carpet ride
I'd say that's a whole new world!

I'll volunteer to be a world explorer. :lmao:

Happy Friday DIS dads! Hope your weekend is looking as good as mine... Kids are staying with the in-laws tonight, so I'm taking the wife out for dinner and then to the Buckeye game in the morning, and it finally feels like fall here in Ohio.
But the big event is... booking FastPasses at 7 AM tomorrow! Countdown is on!! :smickey:
That sounds like a great weekend............ except that Buckeye game thing :rolleyes1:shamrock:
What?????? Is this for real?
I guess it must be related to the leak they had not long ago?
Nope, complete redo and part of the grand plan to totally revamp future world and the entrance area of the park
https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/sse2yearclosure/

Can't say that I do.

Fairly safe wager...
I'd be a smidgen less miffed if the alteration wasn't something that there were over-discussing before I ever started the process.

Just make a bloody decision for once!

Aaaaaaand… a little part of me just died.
Ehhh...
We'll pay dearly for that once the summer returns down this way.
(which is likely to be around mid March or early April)

I'd say that's a whole new world!
And don't forget about the Cave of Wonders...

Heh, I've been listening to this band (Mountain Goats) all week and have this song very stuck in my head:
...which includes the line "I waited so long and now I taste jasmine on my tongue and I feel so proud to be alive" :p :ssst:

That sounds like a great weekend............ except that Buckeye game thing :rolleyes1:shamrock:
Go Bucks!! I have season tickets, and it's been a great one so far: have already taken both daughters and my dad to games, so now my wife finally gets a chance to see Dwayne Haskins and this awesome group of WRs. :cheer2:

Last edited:
hey there everyone!
I'm here, because i'm waiting for my work computer to compress some videos. I can't use the network at the same time, but google seems to allow it.

Anyway, My futbol team is doing well (go Liverpool) and my son's JV Football team is doing poorly. On balance, i'd say we're there.
2 weeks ago, my wife texted and said, "Home Depot had floor tile on clearance, so, we're going to redo the powder room on the main floor."
2 saturdays later, we have a new bathroom. She said she wants to teach the kids to not be afraid to take on challenges. I think she just didn't like the existing walls or floor.

Also, she bought an AP for our trips next year, in January (DDCC #7) and then in May. So even though it isn't my sticker, i'm excited to have an AP sticker on the car.

Weather here is brisk. I hope everyone has a great day.
~ boB

Cheers have a great weekend
View attachment 357864

@Zmack , I haven't seen you here before, (but I'm pretty much a flake on this page, so, it's not unreasonable), but i see you have 35 posts, so, you've gotta be a little new. Have you seen @Cinderella's Fella to issue you a disdad number? *are* you a disdad?
I'd love to go back & read the whole thread, but, that's not gonna happen.

Never tell me the odds.

Also, she bought an AP for our trips next year, in January (DDCC #7) and then in May. So even though it isn't my sticker, i'm excited to have an AP sticker on the car.

Weather here is brisk. I hope everyone has a great day.
~ boB

Home repair - bad. Disney APs - good.

Yes I am new, I don't have a DIs Dad#. How do I get a hold of Cinderella's Fella to join?

Our CBO (Chief Bacon Officer) will be around to give you a formal greeting and a shiny new number. In the meanwhile, jump in on any pointless conversation you find. Any trips planned?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!