DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Another proud dad moment, early admission to the University of New Brunswick in the Faculty of Science.

44051351_900404176821965_7206471998996742144_n.jpg
Congrats to all!

Yes, that's carnival. I didn't put in gratuity, because i figured it would be added as a whole or individually. Can you not stay on the ship to eat & drink when the ship ports?

You certainly can but if that's all you are going to do grab a floaty for you and your cooler and float around the pool. ;)

Morning everyone, nice sunny day here in Westfield, NB , with a temp of 2c. We are heading out for some fall pictures. The colors are starting to pop nicely should make for some great photos. Have a great day.

You certainly can but if that's all you are going to do grab a floaty for you and your cooler and float around the pool. ;)

Well, I'll get off the boat and step foot in Mexico. But, what's the difference hanging on a beach in Mexico vs a beach in Florida? What's the difference scuba/snorkel in Mexico than Florida? I'll take the Disney Mexico ruins vs the Mexico ruins.

Another Monday means I am back here trying to avoid doing work for another little while...

Had a busy weekend. We had a flea market fund raiser for youngest DD's dance studio (to help pay for competition fees and costumes). Spent Friday night unpacking and setting up all the tables full of stuff/junk. Back there 8:30am and stayed until almost 2:00pm - DW and I were the last to leave since it was held in the basement of my parent's church and we had made the venue booking in our name, so wanted to make sure the place was cleaned up after. In the end, we raised $1690 but with 26 families involved that works out to $65 per family, so I am not sure it was really worth the effort. But any bit of money helps to offset the cost of competitions I guess.

Sunday I tried getting out for a walk to take some pictures of the fall colours like @declansdad and @Zmack but it was quite windy and cold (the remnants of hurricane Michael blowing through) so I ended up just walking and not hanging around to take pictures. Too bad because the leaves are really nice right now.

Is Anyone going to be at WDW between 10/27 & 10/29:confused3. We are going for a weekend trip:thumbsup2
That's my birthday weekend...you want to buy me a present and take me with you? :laughing:

'Morning all...
We started the process of going through MIL's house this weekend.
So... much... junk...

Not being the executor myself though means that I can't (and shouldn't) be in charge of the clean-up effort. Which also means that I'm just gonn'a have to be quiet (spend a lot of time looking the other way) and let the girls work through it. Doubt I'll even go back up there until they can agree on a clear list of what I can actually work on. My Mrs. gets the issues, but both sisters (and very different sisters at that) will have to agree on how everything goes down, so this may take a while.
(and possibly a long while, indeed).

Another Monday means I am back here trying to avoid doing work for another little while...
Right there with ya', brother.
Probably can't keep it up for much longer though.

Another proud dad moment, early admission to the University of New Brunswick in the Faculty of Science.

44051351_900404176821965_7206471998996742144_n.jpg
Most excellent!
congrats all around, and may it be the opportunity and direction that best suits him

Morning all, beautiful morning up here in the Great White North but they say rain is on the way. No problem with the rain but it does take away all the beautiful colour by knocking all the leaves off the trees.

Soccer season came to a crashing end last night, with a loss in the semi-finals of our league. It was another fun season and now I can grab a few beverages and heckle the other teams in next Sunday's final.

Have a good one all.

I hear you Brother!

'Morning all...
So... much... junk...

Not being the executor myself though means that I can't (and shouldn't) be in charge of the clean-up effort. Which also means that I'm just gonn'a have to be quiet (spend a lot of time looking the other way) and let the girls work through it. Doubt I'll even go back up there until they can agree on a clear list of what I can actually work on. My Mrs. gets the issues, but both sisters (and very different sisters at that) will have to agree on how everything goes down, so this may take a while.

Good luck with the clean up effort, not always easy to just sit back.

Most excellent!
congrats all around, and may it be the opportunity and direction that best suits him

Thanks, right now this is his second choice. Given that it is in our city it is the cheaper option and I like that.

In the end, we raised $1690 but with 26 families involved that works out to $65 per family, so I am not sure it was really worth the effort.

I was going to say "not bad"... but... $65 per... yeah, I guess every little bit helps, but... that's less than $10/hr for the effort. At least for you.
Reminds me of when I got a call for overtime... but DW told me I had to help with the garage sale at MIL's. We made $80 (or thereabouts) while I gave up $400 in pay.

So... much... junk...

Been there. Last year. Hang in there.

Happy Monday. It is a rainy 50 degrees here, while Amelia Island was 78 degrees. Why do I live here? I asked DW if we could move.

Is Anyone going to be at WDW between 10/27 & 10/29:confused3. We are going for a weekend trip:thumbsup2

Only if you take me with you. :lmao:

Had a busy weekend. We had a flea market fund raiser for youngest DD's dance studio (to help pay for competition fees and costumes). Spent Friday night unpacking and setting up all the tables full of stuff/junk. Back there 8:30am and stayed until almost 2:00pm - DW and I were the last to leave since it was held in the basement of my parent's church and we had made the venue booking in our name, so wanted to make sure the place was cleaned up after. In the end, we raised $1690 but with 26 families involved that works out to $65 per family, so I am not sure it was really worth the effort. But any bit of money helps to offset the cost of competitions I guess.
? :laughing:

Doesn't sound worth it. We had to do a fundraiser for basketball. This year, it was candles - the smelly ones that I don't let in the house. Who want to buy that crap? We just wrote a check and every relative gets a candle this year.

Haven't been thru that yet myself either, but have watched my relatives and DW's relatives behave poorly. I call them vultures.

Soccer season came to a crashing end last night, with a loss in the semi-finals of our league. It was another fun season and now I can grab a few beverages and heckle the other teams in next Sunday's final.

Hey, you made the semi-finals. Maybe you will called up to the Canadian National team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter