DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I know how you feel. its going to be in the low 50's here next week; I will have to break out my big coat this weekend.

I'm resisting that. Just using my light windbreaker. I'm freezing... but it feels like a victory.

it's not.

Chilly here today too. There was ice on my front step early this morning. Thankfully no snow...yet.

Glad you threw in the "yet" part.

It warmed up a few degrees above freezing later today, but still feels cold.

Still sitting at freezing here. Supposed to warm up a little bit this weekend... I'm holding out hope anyway.

I hate to be captain obvious here but 34F doesn't just feel cold it is cold. Thats 2C in Canadian degrees, its cold in any language

Nah. That's just cool.

-40 is cold

I know how you feel. its going to be in the low 50's here next week; I will have to break out my big coat this weekend.

Nope, this is the closest thing to social media I use, I have twitter but I only use it for news. I think I have a Facebook account my wife set up for me 10 years ago but I have not logged in in years.

Ok, I will see what I can do.

Back from vacation. It sucks driving. Since I met with Doc, I'll add another installment to my multi-year trip report.

Snow. It snowed. Tooooo early for that nonsense.

80 this AM at the beach. 60 when we returned home. :furious:

DS just got his driver's permit so watch out if you are traveling through KY.

Congratulations. Does your school do a driver's Ed with a vehicle? It helped oldest dd a lot in her driving, and me with my sanity.

I watched some video from when the storm made land in the pan handle, that was scary stuff.

But Cantore moved to another location this AM for more profound storm footage. I call shenanigans. :lmao:

There were several billboards and overturned trees in Georgia along I-75 N.

My daughter got her license several months ago and is still petrified of actually going out on the road.

Really. My oldest dd is able to turn a corner on two wheels. No fear. :scared1:

Nope, this is the closest thing to social media I use, I have twitter but I only use it for news. I think I have a Facebook account my wife set up for me 10 years ago but I have not logged in in years.

I only have FB, but write posts for one of my jobs, so I have to keep it. I post on my own occasionally.

View attachment 357655

A couple of Canadians out for a dip :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Need to add penguins.
Need to edit him out.
:goodvibes:goodvibes
:lmao:

giphy.gif

I hate to be captain obvious here but 34F doesn't just feel cold it is cold. Thats 2C in Canadian degrees, its cold in any language.
As my fellow Canadian dads pointed out, if it's above freezing, it's just a bit nippley. Negative temperatures are cold.

Glad you threw in the "yet" part.
download.jpg

Snow will be here soon enough. Always nice if it stays away until after Halloween though.

I only see one person
I see a couple things :goodvibes:goodvibes

'Morning all...
Ya' ever have one of those weeks where you got everything that the overlords demanded done early, and satisfying all requirements (by working days worth of your own unpaid time so that you could then beg for one day off to attend a funeral) only to heave them come back at the end of that week asking to make one "minor" change to the beginning data assumptions that basically forces you to start completely over?

Don't ya' just love it when that happens...

I see where some of y'all are starting to see "cooler" temps.
I feel for y'all. They're predicting that today we'll only see a high somewhere in the low 70s-F
Oh the humanity! :rolleyes:

By the way...
That's a nice bit-o photoshoping back there.
Excellent work.

Top O the Mornin Dads! You guys see where Spaceship Earth is gonna be closed for over 2 years for a refurb? DS got back home last night for fall break so nice having him around for a bit. Have a good weekend gents!
Happy Friday All from a wet Fredericton.

Looks like a quiet day at the office followed by our first university open house tomorrow. It's starting to get real!.
Have a good University visit and enjoy it. It was both exciting and a bit difficult as a parent knowing that they've grown up on ya way too fast.
'Morning all...
Ya' ever have one of those weeks where you got everything that the overlords demanded done early, and satisfying all requirements (by working days worth of your own unpaid time so that you could then beg for one day off to attend a funeral) only to heave them come back at the end of that week asking to make one "minor" change to the beginning data assumptions that basically forces you to start completely over?

Don't ya' just love it when that happens...
Best of luck with that and we've been doing a bit of the same for the past 2 weeks. They should still allow you to attend a funeral though!

Was asked by Dan to sub in and "call it" for a bit here. He's just a bit busy with life stuff so hoping he gets back here sooner rather than later. With the new Aladdin live action trailer out, here goes..........

All right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Everyone in Spice Road Table Bar for a Mediterranean Journey and some Illuminations. Last one standing goes home with Jasmine. And let me tell ya, for an illuminating Mediterranean journey, she loves it over sideways and under............. on a magic carpet ride

Have a great weekend fellas.

That's better. Oh Canada!

Nice. Always good to have a getaway driver in the family.

I hadn't thought of that. It's the crashing part that seems to worry me more.

No Driver's Ed at all but I think there are only 14 kids above the age of 16 in his school. Appalachia is an interesting place.

I knew that was some of your numbers, but didn't realize just how low it was. It is a different world than most know.

'Morning all...

Sounds like a good project to start on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter