DAS for 2 children

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and ourbigtrip seem very invested in my agreeing with you. I don't. I'm sorry if that upsets you.
It doesn't matter if you agree because you're not the one who will experience it, your family will. What you're telling us is that your niece is entitled to extra accommodations because of her siblings, and that the rest of us are being treated the same as your niece is unfair to her. People are going to push back when you want a negative impact on everyone else to give extra accommodations to a non-disabled guest, and only the non-disabled guest who you happen to be related to.

You and ourbigtrip seem very invested in my agreeing with you. I don't. I'm sorry if that upsets you. It's okay for us to have different opinions.

As I've said I'm sure they will make it work for them.

I couldn't care less whether you agree with me or not, and I don't see anyone upset about this. I'm just not in favor of offering preferential treatment to people just because they happen to be related to someone that is disabled.

Again, this is requesting an accommodation for a non-disabled sibling, which is not the point of DAS.

So are you suggesting that the child who is not on the DAS wait in line on their own while both parents wait with the DAS children?

I don't see it as an extra accommodation because as I pointed out if the whole family was non-DAS holders and they had waited in line it would be a non-issue if 1 child decided they didn't want to ride. Also the sister waited her 50 minutes just like anyone else it just happened to be outside the queue because she was with a DAS group. Seems like since she waited and her sister also has the same exact DAS return time and ride as her brother she should be allowed to ride.

So are you suggesting that the child who is not on the DAS wait in line on their own while both parents wait with the DAS children?

I don't see it as an extra accommodation because as I pointed out if the whole family was non-DAS holders and they had waited in line it would be a non-issue if 1 child decided they didn't want to ride. Also the sister waited her 50 minutes just like anyone else it just happened to be outside the queue because she was with a DAS group. Seems like since she waited and her sister also has the same exact DAS return time and ride as her brother she should be allowed to ride.

No, I suggest that if the DAS holder to whom she is attached doesn't ride, then she doesn't ride either. It shouldn't be any different than any time when a DAS holder chooses not to ride.

Is it not possible for both DAS holders to wait with a single parent if neither are riding? That condition probably applies to few families of 5, and even then is not specific to families where a child has a disability. No one said the non-DAS holding child should wait alone. I think that if the whole family has a DAS return time for the same ride, even split over 2 DAS and one DAS holder decides not to ride, then yes, Disney should allow the non-DAS holding sibling on that ride. Now, the system isn't set up that way, so the family would have to ask, but that is not unreasonable.

What IS unreasonable is if the non-DAS holding sibling gets a return time for Peter Pan, and then tries to use that return time on 7DMT because the DAS holder decides not to ride Peter Pan. Neither the DAS, FP nor the standby line work where you wait for 1 ride and then if you or a member of your party decides not to ride you get to apply your wait time to another ride.

People made the suggestion that if the OP feels it's not fair that her non-DAS holding niece may miss out on rides that her parents arrange to use FP or stanby queues WITH her so that she is not dependent only on DAS return times. That is not the same as saying that non-DAS holding members of the party should wait alone in the standby line. It's saying that if no DAS holder in the party is going to ride, that's how the non-DAS holder will be able to ride.

I think it was established several posts ago that in the event such situation even occurs OP (or her family, whoever is bringing the children to the parks) should speak with the CM when returning to ride. The current electronic version cannot be changed. Nobody online here can do or promise anything. If the situation even occurs the family needs to speak to a CM.

Since folks have resorted to bickering, I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter