Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get every thing I wanted online for 10 days. The only one I had to switch days with to get was Sci Fi Dine In.
Party of 2

After 2 hours on hold I hung up. Called the other number and was booked for Droid Depot in 10 minutes. I asked if I could book the photo experience at MK but she wasn’t able to book that from that line.

Had ADRs for our original trip and all of our original ADRs are locations that aren't opening for our July 11-17 Trip. Seems like we aren't allowed to book anything even with "access" to this preliminary booking phase. Disappointing.

was able to make my reservations rather easily considering everything else we've been thru in the last week. Did wait for a couple minutes in a waiting room at 7.

We ended up moving resorts from all star movies to boardwalk villas 7/21-7/24 (on our own I was afraid disney would cancel us so we opted to rent dvc points) then Kidani 2 bedroom villa 7/24-7/26. So our reservations ended up changing from what we originally planned as well as our park days.
Tues hopefully Epcot food and wine booths for dinner since we arrive after 3 that day
Wed the character bf at Riveria (hopefully skyliner will be running early enough), wed late lunch sci fi,
Thurs beaches and cream for dinner
Fri bk at Trattoria, possible lunch at Homecomin, depending if my family decides to come from KS we probably will eat off site since it will be a lot cheaper,
Sat nothing right now again depending on family arriving or not
Sun Sanaa dinner our tradition before driving back home dinner at Sanaa on departure day.

The only one I had trouble was sci fi and of course the website crashed as I was checking out. It originally said no lunch then when I specified a time it came up with 345 or something like that so I took it. Pretty much got what we wanted. Some of our originals are no longer offered (bk at BOG, Ohanas)

I called for droid depot reservations and for the first time ever had a CM that was rude and dismissive. She told me “You’re not on the list” and I’ll have to keep checking online for when they open the reservations to the public. I have not one but two cancelled droid depot reservations in the given time frame. I called back and the new CM said not everyone is on “the list” that should be on the list, that some people are seeing things as unavailable when there is availability (dining), And various other errors. She started to book us then her network failed.....she’s calling back while she deals with that issue. So, fun morning here haha. I’d say if you have any issues and can’t get a reservation that you want to call in though because it might be available and if you had a cancelled droid depot in the time frame call even if you didn’t get the email.

I finally got through and was able to book droid depot with no issues. We did not have reservations for it originally, but had reservations for other cancelled experiences.

It is not letting me book even though we did have one dining reservation canceled and got the email. But, it was for Ohanas and that is not open, so I wonder if that is why.

Not going to wait on hold either. Not A huge deal if we don’t get Via Napoli.

I booked mine right at 6 am EST for our trip 8/29-9/4 with no problems. Was able to book our whole trip through 9/4

Our checkin is 9/2, so we are outside of the 60 day window...but because the site said 9/2, I assumed that meant any checkins/ADRs cancelled in that time frame.

I called for droid depot reservations and for the first time ever had a CM that was rude and dismissive. She told me “You’re not on the list” and I’ll have to keep checking online for when they open the reservations to the public. I have not one but two cancelled droid depot reservations in the given time frame. I called back and the new CM said not everyone is on “the list” that should be on the list, that some people are seeing things as unavailable when there is availability (dining), And various other errors. She started to book us then her network failed.....she’s calling back while she deals with that issue. So, fun morning here haha. I’d say if you have any issues and can’t get a reservation that you want to call in though because it might be available and if you had a cancelled droid depot in the time frame call even if you didn’t get the email.
For the first time ever I had a rude CM as well... maybe we got connected to the same CM

Our checkin is 9/2, so we are outside of the 60 day window...but because the site said 9/2, I assumed that meant any checkins/ADRs cancelled in that time frame.

Did you have a dining reservation booked on 9/2 that was cancelled? The way I read it, you should be able to book if your check in date is 9/2 and you had a cancelled ADR. Then again, I’ve read the statement at the top of the website multiple times and still feel like it sounds really confusing.

Droid Depot booked! Another number to try: 4079397866---They take your email to confirm you are "on the list"---They transfer you and say you will be on hold about 30 minutes--but I was only on hold less than 10 minutes.
Thank you for this! I got disconnected from the 6690 after 90 minutes on hold and then saw your post. Within 10 minutes, not only did I get a live CM on 7866, but I secured two Droid reservations for my ideal time on 7/15. Again, thank you!:lovestruc

We had cancelled Dining reservations for our trip next week. I went online and was able to get a reservation at Tiffins for our sole normal park day on the 11th. I checked but there does not seem to be anything bookable for the AP preview days.

Did you have a dining reservation booked on 9/2 that was cancelled? The way I read it, you should be able to book if your check in date is 9/2 and you had a cancelled ADR. Then again, I’ve read the statement at the top of the website multiple times and still feel like it sounds really confusing.

Yep, we did have ADRs that were cancelled on 9/2. So, that's why I thought we'd be in today, even though it says 60 days.

It's just so strange.

At around 7 am, I tried to make ADRs online. Waited about 5 minutes in the queue and then I was able to search, but got error message that it could not look for reservations. I think they were slammed. Tried again about 20 minutes later and was able to find times and make reservations for everything. First reservation made at around 7:30 am, last one made around 8 am. I wasn't interested in any prix-fixe experiences, so not sure how the availability was on those. In-park dining was only available within posted hours (nothing before opening or at closing, best I could find was 10 minutes before closing).

Restaurants were limited. It was the same list of resort restaurants that opened on June 22nd and the list of park restaurants that were posted. So no Cali Grill, even though those CMs have been recalled (probably to work for the NBA).

Here is the list of restaurants that were available:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/#locations

Is the Droid Depot experience worth the price? I just booked for 3 droids and would appreciate any insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter