Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sharing this because it was new to me (but maybe everyone knows) I was told that I need to bring a picture ID and credit card to the droid depot reservation. I was surprised bc I usually magic band all of our purchases and don’t bring other things to the parks....

You can visit the SWGE forum for more info but I have done it and enjoyed it. It’s not as personal as the lightsabers but it’s a lot of fun to pick you pieces and assemble.

I do wonder if they are going to be letting people pick out pieces from the belt like they used to or if it will be where you tell a CM what parts you want. I suspect they will have to do the later for now and I think that will take a little something out of the experience as well.

Is the Droid Depot experience worth the price? I just booked for 3 droids and would appreciate any insight.
My husband and 3 year old (at the time) enjoyed the experience. There’s a little area outside where the droids can play and that was also fascinating for my kid.
We also enjoy turning on the droid at home and watching our cat be very confused by it.

Just a head's up, I was able to get a park pass res for MK (annual pass bucket) on a day that showed all slots at all parks gone ( Sunday 7/19). I don't know if maybe I clicked on it the moment someone else released a slot or not, but then I also was able to book a park pass res for Sunday 7/26 at Epcot which the availability calendar (ap bucket) also showed as completely booked.

Just a head's up, I was able to get a park pass res for MK (annual pass bucket) on a day that showed all slots at all parks gone ( Sunday 7/19). I don't know if maybe I clicked on it the moment someone else released a slot or not, but then I also was able to book a park pass res for Sunday 7/26 at Epcot which the availability calendar (ap bucket) also showed as completely booked.

I might have attributed it to to folks trying to move stuff around due to ADRs, but it's Disney IT so maybe I'm not that surprised that the availability calendar could also be glitchy.

sorry if this was asked and I missed it. I have booked a few ADR's but all parks I have passes for or at resorts. Are we allowed to book in Parks we don't have passes for? I haven't tired yet.

sorry if this was asked and I missed it. I have booked a few ADR's but all parks I have passes for or at resorts. Are we allowed to book in Parks we don't have passes for? I haven't tired yet.
you have to have a pass at the park to get in for dining.

I might have attributed it to to folks trying to move stuff around due to ADRs, but it's Disney IT so maybe I'm not that surprised that the availability calendar could also be glitchy.

Yeah, cause I also released an AK 7/18 and MK 7/25 and then checked the calendar and they were still showing blocked out. Now granted I only have just one person to book for, but I was thinking it would still show the slot opened back up. Or maybe the calendar updating is on a delay. Who knows lol

It is not letting me book even though we did have one dining reservation canceled and got the email. But, it was for Ohanas and that is not open, so I wonder if that is why.

Not going to wait on hold either. Not A huge deal if we don’t get Via Napoli.
Late response, so apologies but I only had Ohana's as well and it's allowing me to book.

You might be able to book it... But Disney won't let you in the park to get to that reservation,

You might be able to book it... But Disney won't let you in the park to get to that reservation,
I wondered about this. I got confused at 5 AM on my days and accidentally booked Via Napoli on my DHS day. I realized my error later and cancelled, but it let me make the original reservation with no problem or warning. I guess maybe it would've gotten deleted later?

I wonder when they will open up other restaurants at the resorts that are opening later this summer. For example - I have a late August trip, and would like to book Sebastian's Bistro. CBR will be open by then, but who knows if/when Sebastian's will open.

I wondered about this. I got confused at 5 AM on my days and accidentally booked Via Napoli on my DHS day. I realized my error later and cancelled, but it let me make the original reservation with no problem or warning. I guess maybe it would've gotten deleted later?
You might be giving the system credit for being smarter than it really is :)
They may have issues with people showing up to parks without a park reservations if they allow booking ADR without a park reservation.

Yes, you can make ADR's without a park reservation. You just can't actually use it if you don't eventually get a park reservation.

My son made multiple ADR's this AM for his friends - none have tickets or park reservations yet.

Edited: My son does have tickets / park reservations - just not anyone going with him. I guess that could make a difference, but I doubt it.

You might be giving the system credit for being smarter than it really is :)
They may have issues with people showing up to parks without a park reservations if they allow booking ADR without a park reservation.
If they don't cancel it automatically, there will definitely be people showing up with a dining reservation with no park pass, thinking that will get them in. Hopefully it won't be a large percentage, but I definitely see it happening for the casual guest (i.e., not hardcore Disboarder).

I wonder when they will open up other restaurants at the resorts that are opening later this summer. For example - I have a late August trip, and would like to book Sebastian's Bistro. CBR will be open by then, but who knows if/when Sebastian's will open.
Same for me, staying at CBR and would love it for my dinner on my last night since I'm at MK that day and it closes at 7. Hoping as we get closer they'll open stuff like that up, but I won't be surprised if they just open the QS for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter