Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touring Plans but instead of improving your vacation it sends you to things that make Disney more money.
I thought the same thing when this was announced! They hired Len and his team and found a way to monetize! Surely more lucrative than trying to push the Etsy shirt makers to the fringes!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Same here. I’m a firm believer in letting them know both good and bad, rather than just complain here. I don’t email them a lot, but they have never failed to call when I did, until this time. I got probably the same letter you did where they just fill in the blank with your name to make it seem personalized.

I didn’t expect miracles, but I I did expect them to at least care enough to discuss it. But they didn’t. I realize it’s a crazy time, but if you don’t have time to address guest issues, there’s a problem,
I did the same. I let them know that the options of "partial refund" or "extend" don't work for me. I don't want to give up my AP - we're Silver as we prefer going Sept-May (no summer or holidays), staying onsite, hopping, eating at Signature dining, yadda yadda. I live 3 hours away, but am still a planner, even if I know I can plan for flexibility.

I'm not trying to think the worst, as I've loved Disney my whole life and have gone every year for the past 32. I just made the case that AP can be the most loyal customers, and without knowing how this reservation system is going to operate, I don't think it's appropriate to start the clock on AP's until we can gain access to the perks that lured us in and we paid for. I also got the email response, no call.

I'm sorry they dropped the ball on calling you. I wrote to them about my disappointments and they called me within 48 hours to discuss it. I was surprised as a previous time I emailed them they just sent me a canned response.

It’s awesome they called you and I’m sure they would like to call everyone. There have been reports lately of people waiting on hold for hours to discuss reservation changes.

I suspect they are completely overwhelmed with all the changes that they need to address and just don’t have the time to personally respond to all the e-mail complaints which are also likely at an all time high.

Maybe. But what about the lower-paid equipment managers, trainers, etc? Each team will be bringing a few of these ancillary staff members, presumably with their families at least as an option. It's not all about the athletes and the owners in the bubble. Plus, media is in some way affected here, as well. So that gets in to the behind the scenes technical operators of cameras, lights, rigging, etc. Their families deserve some way to let off steam and not just be confined to a room or the WWoS facility. That's why it wouldn't chap me so hard to see teams get "special treatment" tours or whatever as they are eliminated from competition. There are many who we will never hear about brought into the bubble. Not everyone is LeBron or Giannis.
I very much doubt non-players are bringing families. Well, owners, coaches maybe... But support staff? Nah.

Just by chance, did you discuss or get an answer on AP extensions/refunds? They haven't called me back yet.
That wasn't one of my questions to them and I had soooo many 😂 I did mention I'm questioning the value of my AP that I just bought in February with all the limitations and that I have three 2-year olds who will be difficult at best to mask up, and that I'm considering a refund. She was polite and said she understood but I don't think she has answers for any of that yet.

I very much doubt non-players are bringing families. Well, owners, coaches maybe... But support staff? Nah.
For some, that would end up a 12 week business trip without family. Perhaps as the team count contracts a little they allow the playoff teams’ families in. IDK, I just don’t see them away from home for that long. It’s basketball, not a military deployment.

Just by chance, did you discuss or get an answer on AP extensions/refunds? They haven't called me back yet.
I called the passholder information number last week (the one in the initial email Disney sent out to those with APs). I got through in less than 10 minutes. I was just checking that renewing my pass wouldn’t mess up the extension, and he told me it would just be added to my new pass. He also gave me the dates the parks are officially going to open and told me that no decision has been made yet on the exact length of the extension. I never in a million years considered cancelling my pass as I’m excited to see how Disney handles these limited experiences (I know I’m weird:ccat:—I was also enjoying tracking the EPCOT construction in person before the closure). I think he was surprised I had such a quick question.

Agreed. We aren't typically a "hopping" family, but even when the ability to do so is brought back (it is a big money maker, so I'm sure it will return in some fashion), I can see them requiring guests to reserve the hopping in some form or fashion. Like a morning safari AK experience followed by the common afternoon break, then dinner and drink tour around WS. Or a SW:GE morning facilitated by "Genie," a quick swim in the heat of the afternoon, and HEA to end the night. But they'll want to know when you'll be in each park, and for roughly how long. Enter when you wish in certain hours, but not before your "window" for the second park begins.
Wow - talk about having to micro-manage your vacation! I'm sure this would be great for Disney trying to manage personnel and other expenses, but it will be very restrictive/limiting for guests. Makes me sad to think it may come to this. :worried:

Wow - talk about having to micro-manage your vacation! I'm sure this would be great for Disney trying to manage personnel and other expenses, but it will be very restrictive/limiting for guests. Makes me sad to think it may come to this. :worried:
I don’t disagree, and it’s why we need a 3 night cruise just to breathe after the parks already!

More convoluted Disney World gets, the more I think that everyone should just go to Disneyland.

Butterbeer seems to be the new Dole Whip...

Get it frozen or hot... the regular gets warm too quickly because they serve it without ice and just taste like a luke warm cream soda.

I didn't realize the Discovery Cove opens this Thursday as well. With the Florida resident discount, I think it is a solid offer. Since I already snorkel in our local springs, I'm thinking Discovery Cove offers a strong experience/value especially with their Grand Reef.
Discovery cove is amazing and I highly recommend it. It’s like the best full day cruise excursion you could ever have. All you can eat, drink, Dolphins, snorkeling, tubing relaxing on the beach!! The grounds are beautiful you won’t feel like you are in Orlando.
Edited to add if you pay admission to discovery cove you get unlimited admission to sea world, aquatica and Busch gardens for 14 days it’s a great deal too

Last edited:
More convoluted Disney World gets, the more I think that everyone should just go to Disneyland.
I hadn't been there since I moved away in 2005 (pre fast pass era). Well I went for 9 days last December. What an amazing trip. Not planning anything but the park I wanted to start the day in and having MaxPass....OMG! I wish I still lived in Southern California now.

Edit: I did reserve the World of Color Dessert Party about 60 days in advance.

I think they said the reason SAB wasn’t going to be open was because salt water wasn’t approved by the CDC, only chlorine
I am not sure it’s salt water . I have swam in it many times . I have a salt water pool at home . I Do not believe that it is salt water.

I don’t disagree, and it’s why we need a 3 night cruise just to breathe after the parks already!
Oh my....speaking of cruises. I’ve been so wrapped up in this stuff, I had completely forgotten about a little thing called a Disney cruise I have planned for October 12. DCL extended the cancellation for the Magic today to Oct 2. Anyone want to guess what the first cruise for the Magic is after that date? Yup....October 12.

I swear, if they cancel that too...😭

Sorry, off topic I know, but I just now saw the cancellation notices for DCL and was like wait...I have a cruise scheduled. :crazy:

I feel exactly the same. The attitude seems to be that we should be grateful they plan to let us in. I have always had complete faith that Disney will always make it right. I no longer feel that way.

I'm the opposite. I like that disney is being careful and cautious and not trying to rush things and be the first to be open and taking as many precautions as they can and giving themselves as much flexibility as they can.

This also provides more options if folks are forced to quarantine due to illness, not passing temperature checks, etc. If you come down with Covid like symptoms on your trip, not only can you not go to parks, DS, etc. You also won't be able to fly either. Once they open more hotels I bet they will hold some kitchen rooms in inventory in case they need to move a guest from a standard hotel room due to quarantine.
I was wondering this very same thing! 14 day quarantine in a studio sounds like torture.

I'm the opposite. I like that disney is being careful and cautious and not trying to rush things and be the first to be open and taking as many precautions as they can and giving themselves as much flexibility as they can.
I agree. It seems like so many of the posters here think that Disney is with-holding information on purposes. I believe that they simply haven't decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter