Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the opposite. I like that disney is being careful and cautious and not trying to rush things and be the first to be open and taking as many precautions as they can and giving themselves as much flexibility as they can.

I’m with you about Disney being cautious but will admit that the communication is disappointing. So many people have been cooped up due to COVID and desperately want to get out and would just like so solidify plans for the summer. So many are on hold to decide what they want to do and feels kind of like they (Disney) don’t really care. They will announce what they want to announce when the announce it and if you don’t like it, then you can cancel.

Oh my....speaking of cruises. I’ve been so wrapped up in this stuff, I had completely forgotten about a little thing called a Disney cruise I have planned for October 12. DCL extended the cancellation for the Magic today to Oct 2. Anyone want to guess what the first cruise for the Magic is after that date? Yup....October 12.

I swear, if they cancel that too...😭

Sorry, off topic I know, but I just now saw the cancellation notices for DCL and was like wait...I have a cruise scheduled. :crazy:
DCL has about as much to share as any other cruise line, because there are so many logistics involved in staffing, ports of call, feeding people, port adventures, etc etc etc.
They get a much longer leash from me, and have been amazing in their customer service recoveries through this.
We had a June cruise cancel, and when we pushed to next March, they extended our OBB and gave us the extra 25%. Still winning even shoreside in the customer service dept in my eyes. But it certainly stinks, no doubt about it.

I made a reservation last weekend for the Dolphin for July 21-23. Do you think I'll be cancelled or will they offer to move me?

DCL has about as much to share as any other cruise line, because there are so many logistics involved in staffing, ports of call, feeding people, port adventures, etc etc etc.
They get a much longer leash from me, and have been amazing in their customer service recoveries through this.
We had a June cruise cancel, and when we pushed to next March, they extended our OBB and gave us the extra 25%. Still winning even shoreside in the customer service dept in my eyes. But it certainly stinks, no doubt about it.
I'm not even seriously worried about it. I expect it's going to get cancelled, but just found it amazing that my lucky streak continues. I did go in and pif as soon as I remembered I even had it scheduled so we'd be eligible for the credit. I've always loved DCL customer service. It is second to none, imo. Ours was an OBB too, so good to know!

That’s what I thought. Someone posted it was. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I tried researching it some because I've seen that posted before and wondered why anyone thought it was salt water. Reliable information is hard to come by. It may have been salt water when it first opened, but if so, didn't last long. I even read one article where it supposedly had live fish in it, but I'm seriously doubting that.

I'm not even seriously worried about it. I expect it's going to get cancelled, but just found it amazing that my lucky streak continues. I did go in and pif as soon as I remembered I even had it scheduled so we'd be eligible for the credit. I've always loved DCL customer service. It is second to none, imo. Ours was an OBB too, so good to know!

DCL was great with my cancellation. Keep in mind the 125% only applies to base cruise fare, taxes/transfers/port fees will be refunded back to you (super quickly). Depending on your cruise the credit can still be pretty hefty though! If my rebooking plan works out, I'm going to have a fun little trip to Tiffany with some of my extra 😁

I'm not even seriously worried about it. I expect it's going to get cancelled, but just found it amazing that my lucky streak continues. I did go in and pif as soon as I remembered I even had it scheduled so we'd be eligible for the credit. I've always loved DCL customer service. It is second to none, imo.
We are pif with GC bought at Target. But, I don’t care ‘cause now we’re all settled up for next March, and then some!
DCL was great with my cancellation. Keep in mind the 125% only applies to base cruise fare, taxes/transfers/port fees will be refunded back to you (super quickly). Depending on your cruise the credit can still be pretty hefty though! If my rebooking plan works out, I'm going to have a fun little trip to Tiffany with some of my extra 😁
My wife has Tiffany money, and I’ll get to spend an extra night at Meridian! I think it’s the first time in our Disney history we’ve modified and not owed! When we transferred, they just transferred taxes and fees over, as well.

I just noticed my 5 day Park Hopper tickets on MDE now say "NonTransferable". It will no longer allow me to transfer to a new person even though they have not been used.
Anybody else have this on theirs?

We are pif with GC bought at Target. But, I don’t care ‘cause now we’re all settled up for next March, and then some!

My wife has Tiffany money, and I’ll get to spend an extra night at Meridian! I think it’s the first time in our Disney history we’ve modified and not owed! When we transferred, they just transferred taxes and fees over, as well.

That's awesome! Maybe I am mistaken and it was only the transfers/hotel/gratuity that got refunded right away then... I got a whole bunch of refunds very quickly. They were ON IT. I'd have to go check. I do feel like DCL took very good care of me through all of this though.

I lost the quotes, but I know the Philadelphia Union put 2 players in a room for road trips, so if they don't bring families and such it could keep the rooms down.

For both the NBA and MLS if the parks close at 6 or 7, you know darn well they're going to run evening experiences here or there for them. That's extra filler content for their league (and Disney's) social media channels and even some goofy stuff to put on NBA Network.

I'm thinking these sports announcements are on the hush hush until the services for Mr. Floyd are concluded at a minimum. In the current climate it's tough to thread the needle to announce new things but be respectful of everything going on that's much more serious than sports.

I just noticed my 5 day Park Hopper tickets on MDE now say "NonTransferable". It will no longer allow me to transfer to a new person even though they have not been used.
Anybody else have this on theirs?
I checked my hubby’s Ticket and his is also non transferable now when yesterday I could reassign.

I would so take up on that if masks were only recommended. But I think if they were only recommended they wouldn’t have to offer such deep discounts. I know no one local that has any plans to go to any park till it’s dropped (NE FL).
On the flip I expect prices to perhaps increase once the CDC relaxes the recommendations, as that will prompt tons of people to start their vacations or trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter