Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip I expect prices to perhaps increase once the CDC relaxes the recommendations, as that will prompt tons of people to start their vacations or trips.

oh I’m sure and people will want to go again.

I’d gamble the pass if I felt confident masks
Will be dropped by sept. Since we wouldn’t be going either way till then at the earliest.

I just noticed my 5 day Park Hopper tickets on MDE now say "NonTransferable". It will no longer allow me to transfer to a new person even though they have not been used.
Anybody else have this on theirs?
Well I just had a moment of panic. I went to check and no tickets... The cast member I chatted with said they are getting the new system ready and when I refreshed I could see my tickets and they still say transferable. But he did offer to make sure my email was current in MDE because that is how they will be contacting you when the new reservation system is out...

For some, that would end up a 12 week business trip without family. Perhaps as the team count contracts a little they allow the playoff teams’ families in. IDK, I just don’t see them away from home for that long. It’s basketball, not a military deployment.
I have a friend who is media relations manager for a baseball team and he goes to spring training with the team. His family stays at home. Granted, that's only six weeks.

I have a friend who is media relations manager for a baseball team and he goes to spring training with the team. His family stays at home. Granted, that's only six weeks.
True, but most players bring their families to Florida for spring training. A lot rent houses near the stadiums. So for NBA to be without families for that long would be weird.

True, but most players bring their families to Florida for spring training. A lot rent houses near the stadiums. So for NBA to be without families for that long would be weird.
This wasn't about players. OP noted support staff might not be bringing family and then another stated it would be a long time away from family. I'm just noting that the support staff I know doesn't usually bring family to spring training.

I agree. It seems like so many of the posters here think that Disney is with-holding information on purposes. I believe that they simply haven't decided.
I would believe you if some UK TAs and a couple major US ones didn’t release info they received direct from Disney 1-2 weeks before we and most TAs end up receiving it. Consistently.

So yes. Disney is withholding major opening data on purpose.

That's awesome! Maybe I am mistaken and it was only the transfers/hotel/gratuity that got refunded right away then... I got a whole bunch of refunds very quickly. They were ON IT. I'd have to go check. I do feel like DCL took very good care of me through all of this though.
Oh I am sooo jealous of your refunds. 😞 I had a Royal Caribbean cruise booked for May 30th. First I had to wait and wait and wait for the announcement of the cancelled cruise. Then, the day it was cancelled I went online and requested a refund instead of a Future Cruise Credit. Even with 125% FCC, the same cruise ind 2021 was going to be $1000 more. On Memorial Day, the TA called to ask if I was ready to book using my new FCC!!! This was 6 weeks after requesting the refund. So now I go back to the end of the line and I am playing the waiting game again. We had the perfect vacation planned on Symphony of the Seas. I bought many things during a Black Friday sale. I have seen zero in they way of a refund.

And now I am also waiting for Disney to make up it's mind. . .

I REALLY hate this virus.

I have a 7/5-7/9 booking (which was already plan B), but the day before the opening announcement I decided I better have a plan C, so I booked air travel for last of week of July too and made reservation at B Resort. After the opening announcement, it wasn't clear if I needed a Disney hotel. So for plan D, I went on Agoda and booked ASMu also for that last week of July. I was able to add the ASMu reservation on MDE. I've been checking the availability on Agoda and it looks like yesterday they finally show all their Disney listings as sold out.

I tried researching it some because I've seen that posted before and wondered why anyone thought it was salt water. Reliable information is hard to come by. It may have been salt water when it first opened, but if so, didn't last long. I even read one article where it supposedly had live fish in it, but I'm seriously doubting that.

I have read this too. Supposedly the small pool area to the side of and including the lazy river, which isn't connected to anything else, at one time had live fish and I believe I read they allowed snorkeling. No clue if that is true or not but if true, I guess that area would have been salt water. We've been staying at BC almost annually for 8 years or so and SAB has only been chlorine for as long as we've been going.

Fall kids aren’t cancelled - yet - and I hope Disney can find a way to bring them on. My dd20 was on her CP back in the spring and sent home. It was devastating for her and all the kids. I hate to think of another group not getting to go 😕
It has already happened. My cousin’s daughter was scheduled to begin her training in May and it was cancelled late in March, shortly after the parks closed.

It has already happened. My cousin’s daughter was scheduled to begin her training in May and it was cancelled late in March, shortly after the parks closed.
That was the Fall Advantage kids who were to begin in May. I'm very sorry for your niece :( My dd was on her DCP and sent home in March. So sad :(

The regular Fall program has not officially been cancelled at this time but all indications are that it will be. Like a lot of other things right now, Disney isn't doing the best at communication. They really need to let the Fall program kids know so they can sign up for classes, not quit their jobs, secure housing at their college, etc.

I like seeing there are lots of people talking about first trips to UO and getting APs. That is our back up plan if Disney falls through for July. We are planning UO at the end of July, that way with the 15 months we can get 2 fall break trips out of 1 pass.

DD finally went today since it wasn't raining. They go a lot and she said to her it was about 30% of the lowest crowd she's seen.

Also mentioned the app would give her options like " you can ride in 8 minutes" or choose to stop back between 2:20 and 2:30, or 3:20 and 3:30. So it might be a good choice for a while. Wish we were there.

For some, that would end up a 12 week business trip without family. Perhaps as the team count contracts a little they allow the playoff teams’ families in. IDK, I just don’t see them away from home for that long. It’s basketball, not a military deployment.
I would be surprised if many of their families travel with them. There won’t be a lot for them to do and they will spend a good amount of time in their resort room while their parent is working. I used to travel with my mom when she travelled for business and the novelty soon wore off when I was in a hotel room day after day. There is only so much shopping and sight seeing you can do, especially right now.

Also, these are families who are very used to their parents being away for extended periods of time. I can see them visiting here and there but I would guess they would prefer to be in their own homes the majority of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter