Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn’t make any sense. Both of those are cash cows for Disney.
Agreed. Plus with cancelling F&W you might as well just keep Epcot closed. The place is practically a ghost town compared to the other parks between June and August anyways, and this year sprinkle in a pandemic, lack of cultural representatives in the world showcase, and the park having more construction going on than I-4, why would you even waste a reservation/ticket day on it? F&W will look very different, but I’d bet anything it won’t be cancelled.

Agreed. Plus with cancelling F&W you might as well just keep Epcot closed. The place is practically a ghost town compared to the other parks between June and August anyways, and this year sprinkle in a pandemic, lack of cultural representatives in the world showcase, and the park having more construction going on than I-4, why would you even waste a reservation/ticket day on it? F&W will look very different, but I’d bet anything it won’t be cancelled.

Maybe because we are AP, there for 8 days, and while not announced they many limit the amount of times you can visit a specific park. MK is obviously going to be the hardest reservation to get. Also we ABSOLUTELY LOVE when the annoying festival crowd aren't there.

Last edited:
Cancelling MNSSHP (if and when it happens) is not to save money. The main draws are stage shows, character meets, fireworks, and parade. ALL of those can't happen with covid safety restrictions in place. Until those restrictions can be lifted, there is no real party left.

Plus I would think enforcing all the new requirements would be that much harder in the dark

I see footage from Shanghai Disney where for the stage shows they have boxes taped out on the ground for where you can be - but how can you enforce that in the dark when you can't really see the squares?

No, you still can make a reservation before hand and by having a resort reservation and tickets you get first "dibs" to do so. It just means that you aren't guaranteed to get a reservation.

I think as long as you go to reserve something during this "first dibs" time you are very likely to be able to get a park reservation. I think this is more for the people that don't know to/don't bother to make an advanced park reservation and then think they will be able to just go to a park or make a last minute park reservation might have trouble

And if you go to make a park reservation you will know well before your trip whether you got one or not before you travle

I agree with this. Guarantee is a strong word at Disney. Imagine the people that will try to add guests to their room at last minute, or ignore the advanced reservations for parks. They’ll come down, just expecting to pop into a park and it can’t work like that.

I agree with this. Guarantee is a strong word at Disney. Imagine the people that will try to add guests to their room at last minute, or ignore the advanced reservations for parks. They’ll come down, just expecting to pop into a park and it can’t work like that.
This. How many people do you see that get there and had no Idea what a fast pass is or go up to the check in at crystal palace thinking they can just waltz in. Many Disney guests have zero clue what they’re doing. I don’t think this will be in an issue the first few weeks with it being mostly us Disney folks going but after that it’s gonna be a show for sure

I agree. I can’t see a scenario where they don’t open the food booths at least.

Maybe because we are AP, there for 8 days, and while not announced they many limit the amount of times you can visit a specific park. MK is obviously going to the hardest reservation to get. Also we ABSOLUTELY LOVE when the annoying festival crowd aren't there.
As a local AP who loves Epcot with or without festivals I’m in the same camp as you, but I’m thinking more along the lines of people staying a week or less, not an AP, and considering value as part of their calculation. I think that represents a much larger percentage of visitors.

As a local AP who loves Epcot with or without festivals I’m in the same camp as you, but I’m thinking more along the lines of people staying a week or less, not an AP, and considering value as part of their calculation. I think that represents a much larger percentage of visitors.

Agreed. Im still curious if you will be allowed to "repeat" parks though. People may visit Epcot because they have to. But of course those details haven't been released yet.

This. How many people do you see that get there and had no Idea what a fast pass is or go up to the check in at crystal palace thinking they can just waltz in. Many Disney guests have zero clue what they’re doing. I don’t think this will be in an issue the first few weeks with it being mostly us Disney folks going but after that it’s gonna be a show for sure

Exactly

I could see it being a bit tough to get one for those first few days when only MK and DHS are open but still if you are on the system as soon as you can I think you have good chance to get into one of them (I assume MK on the 11th will be toughest reservation to get)

With June 11th quickly approaching, odds the "park reservation" system going to be up and running by the first 30 day point for theme park openings?

This is my question as well. I have until Friday to decide whether to cancel my 7/13 Poly DVC stay and bank the points.

I see MNSSHP still on the schedule on the HUB page but not F&W
Disney has not come out to officially say anything about either

I assume F&W was previously on the HUB or do things not show up until closer to the dates?

Exactly

I could see it being a bit tough to get one for those first few days when only MK and DHS are open but still if you are on the system as soon as you can I think you have good chance to get into one of them (I assume MK on the 11th will be toughest reservation to get)
I agree. We are renting points for July 14-17 son has already paid tickets and I’m platinum. I am not too worried about us getting in cause I’m a nut and on these boards and everything else. I can just imagine the family staying at Pop in like mid August coming down hopping on a bus to MK without having any ressies and them being told at the gate sorry but you can go to DAK for the next 4 days because it’s the only place with availability.

I believe it was in this thread probably several hundred pages ago that someone posted to number of rooms in the resorts/hotels at WDW to get an idea of how that would compare to say 25% capacity at the theme parks.

I did some searching and couldn't find it but what I’m really wondering is how 25% capacity at the theme parks would compare to about 90% capacity at ONLY DVC resorts and FW if that is all they were to have open during initial phase of theme park opening.

I have a DVC room booked at Jambo in late august (CL but I know that is in limbo). If I lose it because they are moving other families from closed resorts, then I'm ok with it. If I lose it to the NBA, I might lose my mind...

I am with you completely there.

If I see "A reservation doesn't guarantee you the resort will be open" one more time, I'll lose my mind. So...as a paying customer, I am not entitled to access to restaurants? But NBA players are entitled to whatever they want?

I'm already miffed that we won't get to experience AKV as a resort, both sides, the majesty of Jambo House, the Uzima Springs pool. But, to know we don't have access to it, because of NBA players who easily could fit into CSR.....oh that would set me over the top.

It would actually take about 40% of Kidani's rooms to take all of the capacity of Jambo DVC

Oh wow. I don't think I realized that. That's a lot more than I was thinking. I can't imagine that 40% of Kidani was available; and I'm certain that it's not from September on.

Interesting thought - or if not for free maybe at a reduced rate. Then maybe people who haven't used it before give it a shot and find they like it and then continue to buy it in the future and Disney makes more $ in the long run

I'm sticking with free. They are taking away a lot from the park experience.

add some food trucks and they'll be good to go. :)

The current thought NBA will be using 3 resorts. I'll speculate NBA has issues with exterior corridors. A couple of posters suggested issues with Contemporary. My point, I hope more of a joke, is Disney has no obligation to open Contemporary to BLT. Wave and cafe could be closed later.

I

This line of thinking is just absurd. I am saying this, not to you, because I know it was mostly jest to you, but to the people legitimately out there spewing this nonsense.

"You were never promised a coffee maker."

"You were never promised dishes to cook with"

"You were never promised restaurants to eat at."

Like, come on people.

I think offering memory maker for free or at a discount, will just create more Photopass lines. Not exactly conducive to social distancing and it will just further bung up places like Mainstreet in the MK. I don’t think it’s something Disney would consider doing at this point.

What's the alternative then? Guests interacting with each other to take each other's pictures?

I still think they should just allow selfie sticks for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter