Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if we have Yacht club ressies and tickets, do we “think” Yacht club will be open? But in August No SAB? Which was why we booked there so we had something to do when we couldn’t go to the parks, lol, silly us. Even if they “move” us to BCV...lol, why on earth would I spend that much $$ not to have SAB? Lolololol. This is getting crazy! Wondering if Disney will just “reassign” or at least give you an “option” if all “amenities” at your desired resort are not available?
All this new info is only for the initial reopening of ther resorts, which starts June 22nd. No one knows when the initial reopening will end, people have received emails informing of these changes who have reservations through July 4th or 5th. So it might be likely that the initial phase ends when the Parks reopen
Unless I have read something wrong or skipped a sentence on the Disney website, in which case please someone correct me
For August you have a while to wait and see

The more I think about it the more I’m legit baffled as to how they could enforce no resort hopping between GF and Poly. The fitness center at GF is shared between them even, it has a magic band tap for Poly guests.

They really do need to treat it as one big campus. What’s stopping a GF guest from mobile ordering Capt Cook’s and walking over there to pick it up?

Couldn't they though? Maybe not on attractions, but wasn't the other big concern crowded thoroughfares and hubs? Brandishing a stick could help enforce distance from other parties ;).

So go the other way? All guests are required to have selfie sticks with them at all times that are exactly 6 ft long. ... If your stick can touch someone not in your party, you are too close to them ;)

I thought of this too except that 1) It wouldn't surprise me if Disney discouraged this too; it breaks their distancing policy after all.
2) I imagine a lot of people would probably decline, in order to keep as little contact with other people as possible.

Here's a crazy idea. Since the value of tickets will be drastically reduced.....include Memory Maker for (gasp) free. Throw people a bone.

Interesting thought - or if not for free maybe at a reduced rate. Then maybe people who haven't used it before give it a shot and find they like it and then continue to buy it in the future and Disney makes more $ in the long run

And only leave BLT guests the pool bar?
add some food trucks and they'll be good to go. :)
The wave and contempo cafe will be open
The current thought NBA will be using 3 resorts. I'll speculate NBA has issues with exterior corridors. A couple of posters suggested issues with Contemporary. My point, I hope more of a joke, is Disney has no obligation to open Contemporary to BLT. Wave and cafe could be closed later.

I

Interesting thought - or if not for free maybe at a reduced rate. Then maybe people who haven't used it before give it a shot and find they like it and then continue to buy it in the future and Disney makes more $ in the long run
I think offering memory maker for free or at a discount, will just create more Photopass lines. Not exactly conducive to social distancing and it will just further bung up places like Mainstreet in the MK. I don’t think it’s something Disney would consider doing at this point.

The more I think about it the more I’m legit baffled as to how they could enforce no resort hopping between GF and Poly. The fitness center at GF is shared between them even, it has a magic band tap for Poly guests.

They really do need to treat it as one big campus. What’s stopping a GF guest from mobile ordering Capt Cook’s and walking over there to pick it up?

I'm thinking/hoping that's not really a thing to worry about. I still think they are referring to locals, or people staying offsite.

That rule is actually already a thing anyway. In order to be allowed into a resort's parking lot, you have to have a resort or dining reservation. That's already a rule that's been in place for a while.

I think offering memory maker for free or at a discount, will just create more Photopass lines. Not exactly conducive to social distancing and it will just further bung up places like Mainstreet in the MK. I don’t think it’s something Disney would consider doing at this point.

That is the flip side. Guess it depends just how much they are limiting capacity. And if using a lot of virtual queues the people that would be in standby need someone where to go/stand. I think they could make it work but to your point they might just not want to risk it so why bother

I'm thinking/hoping that's not really a thing to worry about. I still think they are referring to locals, or people staying offsite.

That rule is actually already a thing anyway. In order to be allowed into a resort's parking lot, you have to have a resort or dining reservation. That's already a rule that's been in place for a while.

That rule is only sporadically enforced though and usually only during crowded times. Like most rules lol

Disney’s language was pretty clear in that announcement. The only distinction they made was between day guests and overnight guests.

I think that one thing that banning resort hopping stops is the number of people who just congregate in the Contemporary and Poly areas for a rest from MK. People who don’t want to go all the way back to their own resorts do this quite often. Common areas at these resorts are packed with people not staying there who are napping or taking a breather in the lobby and around the resort. The worst at Poly, but you’ll see it all over Contemporary too.

Perhaps there will be exceptions like let GF and Poly go back and forth, and others that make sense.

I think that one thing that banning resort hopping stops is the number of people who just congregate in the Contemporary and Poly areas for a rest from MK. People who don’t want to go all the way back to their own resorts do this quite often. Common areas at these resorts are packed with people not staying there who are napping or taking a breather in the lobby and around the resort. The worst at Poly, but you’ll see it all over Contemporary too.

‘Ohana being closed during this initial phase will cut a lot of that out too. A lot of those folks hanging in the lobby are waiting to be seated there.

‘Ohana being closed during this initial phase will cut a lot of that out too. A lot of those folks hanging in the lobby are waiting to be seated there.

I don’t know, Ohana is closed from 12-4(ish?) between breakfast and dinner service and the lobby is always jammed with people resting/napping during the afternoon hours as compared to other resorts.

I think first dibs is real, but doesn’t guarantee due to capacity restrictions.

I'm so confused, but I've missed a lot, too. I thought we were going to be able to reserve our spot in the park in advance. So is what this saying is that I could pay thousands for my package, flight, etc., make my daily park reservations, and still get turned away at the gate??

I don’t know, Ohana is closed from 12-4 between breakfast and dinner service and the lobby is always jammed with people resting/napping during the afternoon hours as compared to other resorts.

True but ime the lobby is noticeably busier when Ohana’s open. People like to use it as a meeting up point waiting on the rest of their party to show up, more so at dinner time. When we stayed there it was dead during midday but that may have been because it was October and heat wasn’t a factor.

I'm so confused, but I've missed a lot, too. I thought we were going to be able to reserve our spot in the park in advance. So is what this saying is that I could pay thousands for my package, flight, etc., make my daily park reservations, and still get turned away at the gate??
If you have park reservations you wouldn’t be turned away at the gate. They are just saying having resort reservations doesn’t guarantee a park reservation.

I’m still curious whether “Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew” is being offered.... I didn’t see it specified, only in-room babysitting. I’ll be shocked if it is offered, but they didn’t specify.

We had that booked for our kids in August and are bummed it's cancelled because we thought they're at a great age for it (7). My thought is that it will remain closed because the CMs will have to enforce kids wearing masks. I could see that not going over well.

I am waiting hear about Harmony Barber shop also.

No, you still can make a reservation before hand and by having a resort reservation and tickets you get first "dibs" to do so. It just means that you aren't guaranteed to get a reservation.

I think as long as you go to reserve something during this "first dibs" time you are very likely to be able to get a park reservation. I think this is more for the people that don't know to/don't bother to make an advanced park reservation and then think they will be able to just go to a park or make a last minute park reservation might have trouble

And if you go to make a park reservation you will know well before your trip whether you got one or not before you travle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter