Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not related directly but Disney moving people maybe a great PR move plus it may get them some on the fence People who normally go Value or mod to
Start doing deluxe

Lack of food courts may not go over well with some...but, always the potential, especially if people are sent to RIV..built in DVC sales audience!

It is also possible they are counting the tower as a separate resort.
Beat me to it! Makes sense that someone outside the Disney bubble would see three separate resort names and assume they’re all different. But, we’ll see!

Edit: I see this was echoed multiple times, dang replying before back reading.

Last edited:
True, the NBA did request roughly 2000 rooms.
The one thing with the NBA potentially being in multiple resorts is that as they progress through their season/playoffs they will progressively need fewer and fewer rooms. By a lot. So if they start with 2 they could always consolidate later.

So much more yet to Know!

I'm a little confused on AP extensions. We have gold AP's that expire on Monday, and a DVC points stay in late July. I want to make sure we have the best possible chance at park reservations for our stay. Do I need to call to extend our AP's? I thought they weren't doing that yet, or are they? We're paid in full, not on a monthly plan. Thanks!

Or continue to (awkwardly) ask other guests... maybe it's because I often hit up parks solo, but I feel like I've taken a lot of strangers' pics.

I thought of this too except that 1) It wouldn't surprise me if Disney discouraged this too; it breaks their distancing policy after all.
2) I imagine a lot of people would probably decline, in order to keep as little contact with other people as possible.

Here's a crazy idea. Since the value of tickets will be drastically reduced.....include Memory Maker for (gasp) free. Throw people a bone.

So many modifications .. I understand some people are still going to go, but man .. who is going to go during these times?
People who have dvc points expiring in July (extended to Oct) and AP's ending in Aug (maybe mid-Nov) and have kids starting college in mid Aug so they can't go any other time until Dec when neither points nor AP's will be good...

Here are my thoughts on the NBA:

If Disney was not going to offer park reservations to guests at Four Seasons/Hilton/Waldorf in the first phase, my guess is they wouldn't be getting a lot of business at the resorts anyway. So, I doubt they would be very worried about losing revenue from guests. Because without the ability to make park reservations, they wouldn't have a lot of guests to begin with.

Another thing is that one thing that was mentioned was the ability for players/coaches being able to get some recreation. Golf was specifically mentioned. All three of those resorts sit on or next to a golf course, which is very convenient. Those players/coaches won't have to be bused or Ubered to the courses. The proximity to WWOS would also be quite good.

I know that these are outside companies that they would have to do deals with. I feel like the numbers they would do on the food and recreation side of things would probably make whatever deal they did worth it.

It benefits Disney because all those people that are displaced, really it's the hotel's responsibility to call, inform, cancel, all of that. Disney would be off the hook for those guests. In return, the hotels get a decent offer from the NBA, plus the food/golf profits.

So I think I have settled on Gran Destino Tower, Hilton, and Waldorf.

Jambo has only a few dvc rooms as compared to kidani. They were retrofitted so they could sell points for AKL dvc before kidani was completely built because at the time cash reservations for the AKL were down so it was a win for Disney. As to CL that’s where it’s a bit messy.

I have a DVC room booked at Jambo in late august (CL but I know that is in limbo). If I lose it because they are moving other families from closed resorts, then I'm ok with it. If I lose it to the NBA, I might lose my mind...

And with all these changes lasting as long as it looks like they will it makes me concerned for rundisney. Is Wine and dine even a possibility in this state? Marathon weekend?
I'm also concerned about rundisney. DH had signed up/planned for EVERY Disney race, including May and Sept in Paris and Castaway in January 2021, in a lead up to a big milestone birthday, and then all this happens (obviously on the scale of horrible things happening, this is minor, but it's still a huge bummer). I very much hope W&D still happens, but I guess we'll see. We'll keep adjusting the timeline (to complete every Disney race in a year) as needed, and hope they continue to hold events.

Ok, we are Gold AP / DVC and have a cash reservation 7-4 to 7-11 at AKL Kidani. We know the parks are closed and just sent a “Yes we are planning on coming” reply to the Disney email. We got a 1BR for the 2 of us so if we have to we can make the majority of our meals in the room. We basically just want to get away and hang out with AKL animals. Should we be ok?

I'm a little confused on AP extensions. We have gold AP's that expire on Monday, and a DVC points stay in late July. I want to make sure we have the best possible chance at park reservations for our stay. Do I need to call to extend our AP's? I thought they weren't doing that yet, or are they? We're paid in full, not on a monthly plan. Thanks!
They're not doing the extension or refund yet but you can call to let them know what your choice is and they put a not om your ap. I did this back when this was first announced

So many modifications .. I understand some people are still going to go, but man .. who is going to go during these times?
We have a free resort stay at Marriott’s Cypress Harbor that expires end of September. I’ve bought tickets with the hope that we will be able to get into the parks by then. We are still coming to Orlando regardless and will find other things to do and use tickets next year if we get blocked out.

Jambo has only a few dvc rooms as compared to kidani. They were retrofitted so they could sell points for AKL dvc before kidani was completely built because at the time cash reservations for the AKL were down so it was a win for Disney. As to CL that’s where it’s a bit messy.
It would actually take about 40% of Kidani's rooms to take all of the capacity of Jambo DVC

So, if we have Yacht club ressies and tickets, do we “think” Yacht club will be open? But in August No SAB? Which was why we booked there so we had something to do when we couldn’t go to the parks, lol, silly us. Even if they “move” us to BCV...lol, why on earth would I spend that much $$ not to have SAB? Lolololol. This is getting crazy! Wondering if Disney will just “reassign” or at least give you an “option” if all “amenities” at your desired resort are not available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter