Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. We are renting points for July 14-17 son has already paid tickets and I’m platinum. I am not too worried about us getting in cause I’m a nut and on these boards and everything else. I can just imagine the family staying at Pop in like mid August coming down hopping on a bus to MK without having any ressies and them being told at the gate sorry but you can go to DAK for the next 4 days because it’s the only place with availability.

Ah yes, the Pop Century peasants.

I totally get what you are saying, but it does crack me up that Pop is super frequently the example for these types of things. I've met just as many clueless people when staying deluxe (if not more, because then we get to add in the we paid xxxx bit), FWIW.

The same thing is going to happen with park reservations that frequently happened with FP+. There will be people who did no prior planning who don't understand why everything isn't in a just walk up and do it format. I feel for the CMs who have to deal with that.

Ah yes, the Pop Century peasants.

I totally get what you are saying, but it does crack me up that Pop is super frequently the example for these types of things. I've met just as many clueless people when staying deluxe (if not more, because then we get to add in the we paid xxxx bit), FWIW.

The same thing is going to happen with park reservations that frequently happened with FP+. There will be people who did no prior planning who don't understand why everything isn't in a just walk up and do it format. I feel for the CMs who have to deal with that.
Oh me too. I just used Pop because that’s where we usually stay and the things I’ve heard on those busses on the way to the park are amazing. I’ve heard them on other busses obviously as well it was just the first place that popped in my head because of how often we stay there.

No, you still can make a reservation before hand and by having a resort reservation and tickets you get first "dibs" to do so. It just means that you aren't guaranteed to get a reservation.

Will resort guests actually be first in line? The new updates don’t actually say that. They say those with existing tickets and AP’s. I know when the announcement for opening was released, there were indications it would be resort guests with tickets[incl Ap) then non-reservation ticket holders ( incl AP). I can fine dozens of blogs that said that, but having a hard time finding any official source.

So now I wonder if the criteria for park reservations is just that you have to have an existing ticket or AP and resort reservations give you no extra priority at all.

That rule is only sporadically enforced though and usually only during crowded times. Like most rules lol

Disney’s language was pretty clear in that announcement. The only distinction they made was between day guests and overnight guests.

Clear as mud maybe. I don't really think it was clear at all.

Day guests, historically, has referred to locals and offsite guests. It has not referred to someone at the Grand being a "day guest" at Wilderness Lodge.

The verbiage also refers to visiting the WDW resort as a whole, it doesn't refer to individual resorts. It also does not specifically say "No resort hopping."

No one really knows, and maybe I am just being too hopeful, but for now, I am leaning on the side of them just re-establishing the same rule that they have always had.

I have a DVC room booked at Jambo in late august (CL but I know that is in limbo). If I lose it because they are moving other families from closed resorts, then I'm ok with it. If I lose it to the NBA, I might lose my mind...

Here is where Disney could get in trouble. As long as non of their own resorts are closed through a phased opening, they can have DVCM keep Jambo closed,

However, once they begin to open more of the resorts, then it gets sticky because the legal reasons to keep it shut are no longer there.

I do not think they can remove a DVC owner who already booked once the resort opens...Jambo is part of the larger AKV resorts and while I don’t own there, and don’t have access to POS, it functions as one at 11 months, so I think right now, they have legal reasons to keep it closed.

For NBA and current members who booked...that is a little tricky because limit of use is defined, but typically needs a valid reason.

Yulilin, are the water parks not on the hub either? I still can’t wrap my brain around why they are still on the schedule on the website.

I am beginning to think that “initial reopening period” is June 22-July 11/15. I am really getting the vibe that this information will be altered for reservations when the parks are open.
I do hope they keep the 24 hour pools, though.

The "initial reopening period" verbiage has been used for the parks too, no? Seems like we're going to be in this phase for months

The "initial reopening period" verbiage has been used for the parks too, no? Seems like we're going to be in this phase for months

Unless I missed something I thought the only official communications said when the parks would be opening and that masks and social distancing etc would be present. I took that too literally perhaps and am now thinking it is June 22-the first day of park opening.

Will resort guests actually be first in line? The new updates don’t actually say that. They say those with existing tickets and AP’s. I know when the announcement for opening was released, there were indications it would be resort guests with tickets[incl Ap) then non-reservation ticket holders ( incl AP). I can fine dozens of blogs that said that, but having a hard time finding any official source.

So now I wonder if the criteria for park reservations is just that you have to have an existing ticket or AP and resort reservations give you no extra priority at all.

even the initial annomincemeat implied only
those with tickets get first priority The confusing part is the sentence befire referenced resort guests and people took it to mean they got priority on park reservations. I also read it as those with resort reservations get priority on new rooms if moves are needed. Then those with existing tickets get priority on park reservations.

The more I think about it the more I’m legit baffled as to how they could enforce no resort hopping between GF and Poly. The fitness center at GF is shared between them even, it has a magic band tap for Poly guests.

They really do need to treat it as one big campus. What’s stopping a GF guest from mobile ordering Capt Cook’s and walking over there to pick it up?

Honestly, I think that may be a general rule but logistics for certain situations are different. As you said, GF and Poly share a fitness center so those arriving via walkway for that will not be stopped,

But, I don’t think they want guests from maybe WL to drive or Uber over to simply look around without having a reason...how it plays out in practice, we shall see.

I am going with common sense should apply for those 2 resorts

I'm thinking/hoping that's not really a thing to worry about. I still think they are referring to locals, or people staying offsite.

That rule is actually already a thing anyway. In order to be allowed into a resort's parking lot, you have to have a resort or dining reservation. That's already a rule that's been in place for a while.

nornallly in the day I leave to drive back to Georgia I drive to poly to have tonga toast at capt cooks (no reservation location). The guard at poly had never given me any issues getting in even though I technically don’t have a reservation.

since I’m trying to get in have breakfast and get on the road I prefer the quicker service of capt coooks va sit down at kona Plus not having to arrive at a certain time.

even the initial annomincemeat implied only
those with tickets get first priority The confusing part is the sentence befire referenced resort guests and people took it to mean they got priority on park reservations. I also read it as those with resort reservations get priority on new rooms if moves are needed. Then those with existing tickets get priority on park reservations.
Here’s what I find when looking back

“Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook.”

To me, that clearly says what it says. lol 1) resort guests get first priority to the new park reservation system and 2) for dining and experiences existing reservations have priority. This almost exact quote can be found in nearly any blog you want to read, all saying Disney announced this, but I can’t find it on any official Disney source.

Here’s what I find when looking back

“Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook.”

To me, that clearly says what it says. lol 1) resort guests get first priority to the new park reservation system and 2) for dining and experiences existing reservations have priority. This almost exact quote can be found in nearly any blog you want to read, all saying Disney announced this, but I can’t find it on any official Disney source.

that is different then the one I was thinking of but may be misremembering

I agree. We are renting points for July 14-17 son has already paid tickets and I’m platinum. I am not too worried about us getting in cause I’m a nut and on these boards and everything else. I can just imagine the family staying at Pop in like mid August coming down hopping on a bus to MK without having any ressies and them being told at the gate sorry but you can go to DAK for the next 4 days because it’s the only place with availability.

Given the confirmation letter I got for my July stay, I think they will be doing that while these things are in place so people are aware.. I am going to guess the ones that go out when parks are open will state something about having to reserve park days

I am a little confused with the park reservation system being 30 days prior and the dining being 60. Wouldn't you need to know if you can get into the park before making a park dining reservation??
I read on here somewhere that the new 60 day window for ADRs would only be for non-park restaurants (so for resort TS or the restaurants in DS) and we'd have to wait to secure park reservations before making ADRs inside the parks. I could be wrong, but think it was mentioned in this thread or maybe the resort change thread?

I am with you completely there.

If I see "A reservation doesn't guarantee you the resort will be open" one more time, I'll lose my mind. So...as a paying customer, I am not entitled to access to restaurants? But NBA players are entitled to whatever they want?

I'm already miffed that we won't get to experience AKV as a resort, both sides, the majesty of Jambo House, the Uzima Springs pool. But, to know we don't have access to it, because of NBA players who easily could fit into CSR.....oh that would set me over the top.

Oh wow. I don't think I realized that. That's a lot more than I was thinking. I can't imagine that 40% of Kidani was available; and I'm certain that it's not from September on.

I'm sticking with free. They are taking away a lot from the park experience.

This line of thinking is just absurd. I am saying this, not to you, because I know it was mostly jest to you, but to the people legitimately out there spewing this nonsense.

"You were never promised a coffee maker."

"You were never promised dishes to cook with"

"You were never promised restaurants to eat at."

Like, come on people.

What's the alternative then? Guests interacting with each other to take each other's pictures?

I still think they should just allow selfie sticks for the time being.

Actually, those things you mention in the room are part of what is included...but, the POS is clear as to what types of amenities are included in your purchase and what is not. And, there is no requirement for the parks to be there or for Disney to open access to their businesses.

Obviously, Disney didn’t do this and one of the reasons they shut down DVC along with Disney hotels was because the property management agreement with Disney meant other than the rooms, nothing else could be provided,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter