Could we have fit any more into one weekend?? An Oct. 2014 TR update 4/5/15

Oh my goodness, that is the worst way to start a day, in Disney or not!! I'm glad you improved in the afternoon and I'm glad the girl and DH (from afar) were able to help you through it.

Yay for getting to enjoy food and wine and Maelstrom especially! I'm still sad we missed it by just a few days :(

Oh Becky that is such a scary situation to be in. I mean, feeling like that is always horrible, but away from home I think even more. How nice of your friends to take care of you like that. That's real friendship right there. I am so glad that it was nothing serious and that you started to feel better. Especially going to Food and Wine.

I love the acrobat show. They really are amazing to watch.

RIP Maelstrom!!! Wow, 70 minutes. I guess I'm not surprised. I'm so glad to hear you got to ride it a final time AND on the last day.

And a VIP Illuminations sounds like a great way to wrap up the day.

I think I pretty much experienced the same thing while trying to go to sleep at Tower of Terror and when my body woke up at 4AM. This was also my first real long run. I later figured out it was more electrolyte issues than water issues. I had to change the way I fuel during a race to have it not occur again (which my coworkers believe I fuel too much but I've now ran Rebel Challenge & Glass Slipper Challenge without this type of freak out so I'm going to stick to what works for me)

Sorry you had to go through that!

Seems like you enjoyed your way around the Food Booths!

Oh that's interesting, I'll have to look into the electrolyte issue - I only drink water and I don't really like powerade or anything like that, though maybe adjusting will help. I did do Glass Slipper Challenge with no issues though!

Oh my goodness, that is the worst way to start a day, in Disney or not!! I'm glad you improved in the afternoon and I'm glad the girl and DH (from afar) were able to help you through it.

Yay for getting to enjoy food and wine and Maelstrom especially! I'm still sad we missed it by just a few days :(

Thanks! That's a bummer that you missed Maelstrom. I was so thankful when I saw that we would be there for the last day!

Oh Becky that is such a scary situation to be in. I mean, feeling like that is always horrible, but away from home I think even more. How nice of your friends to take care of you like that. That's real friendship right there. I am so glad that it was nothing serious and that you started to feel better. Especially going to Food and Wine.

I love the acrobat show. They really are amazing to watch.

RIP Maelstrom!!! Wow, 70 minutes. I guess I'm not surprised. I'm so glad to hear you got to ride it a final time AND on the last day.

And a VIP Illuminations sounds like a great way to wrap up the day.

Being sick away from home is definitely scary, and when I don't have my husband or family with me it's worse - though I am so fortunate that I have such amazing friends!

Yeah, I never thought I would wait 70 minutes for Malestrom! But it was totally worth it.

Oh that's interesting, I'll have to look into the electrolyte issue - I only drink water and I don't really like powerade or anything like that, though maybe adjusting will help. I did do Glass Slipper Challenge with no issues though!

I still don't drink the Powerade either but I do eat my Gu and Sports Beans at a greater frequency.

Congrats doing the Glass Slipper with no issues!

Congratulations on the race! I love the Alice in Wonderland themed outfits. That's awful that you were so sick the next morning! So scary, especially being away from home. Great news though that you recovered enough to go to Epcot! Missing a whole Disney day would have made the situation so much worse. Aww I miss Maelstrom.

Congratulations on the race! I love the Alice in Wonderland themed outfits. That's awful that you were so sick the next morning! So scary, especially being away from home. Great news though that you recovered enough to go to Epcot! Missing a whole Disney day would have made the situation so much worse. Aww I miss Maelstrom.

Thank you! And I'm so glad I recovered that day. I know it's bad, but I think part of what was making me even more sick was stressing out that I would lose a Disney day, and my Epcot Food/Wine day at that! Aside from the race it was probably the #1 thing I was looking forward to, so I was very glad things worked out in the end.

A Short Trip to Animal Kingdom

This was the last day I had in Disney, but I had a late flight so it ended up being a pretty full day. A small group of us went to Animal Kingdom in the morning, and we started the day off by riding the safari. It was a good one, with many of the animals out and about:

These guys felt the need to show their butts off:

After the safari one of our group was desperate to get some breakfast, so we headed to Pizzafari. I didn't get anything but my friend got a kids meal that was actually a decent size and gave you a good amount of stuff for the price. I'm not a big breakfast eater but if I did need something more than my usual granola bar in the morning I would definitely consider a kids meal!

Then it was time for us (or at least those of us that liked the thrill rides!) to use our fastpasses for Everest. I'm so glad I got to ride it this trip as it is one of my favorites!

We waited around a bit for a our FP+ for Dinosaur and got one last picture together of the roomies:

And then we did our last ride together on Dinosaur.

Once Dinosaur was done one of the girls had to leave for her flight home, and the others were staying in AK a little longer. But I had other plans - I would be headed to Epcot for a little more Food and Wine before going home!

Just curious Becky in regards to the kids meals. I've heard of people ordering them no problem, and I've also heard that you have to have a kid with you in order to get something from the kid's menu. I'm guessing here there was no issue? Sometimes that's all I'm in the mood for is something small, but wasn't sure this was an option.

So nice you got to spend a little extra time with everyone. :goodvibes

Just curious Becky in regards to the kids meals. I've heard of people ordering them no problem, and I've also heard that you have to have a kid with you in order to get something from the kid's menu. I'm guessing here there was no issue? Sometimes that's all I'm in the mood for is something small, but wasn't sure this was an option.

So nice you got to spend a little extra time with everyone. :goodvibes

I've always wondered that too, but there was no issue at all. I've never done it myself personally, but I've seen it happen with friends a couple of times and they've never had a problem. Especially at the counter service places, I would think they wouldn't question it too much because so many people have one person get the food while the family gets a table. You can always go with, "my kid I'm getting the food for is in the other room" ;)

One Last Trip to Food and Wine

I needed lunch, and I had a couple more hours in Disney.. so of course I had to hit up Food and Wine one last time! It was time to check out some of the booths I didn't get to visit the first time around, and there was a lot I was looking forward to. I arrived in Epcot around noon and couldn't wait to start the food! First up was the Hawaii booth, where I got the pineapple wine and the pineapple pork slider.

The wine was fine, and I had been on the fence about ordering the slider since I'm not a huge pork fan. But it was amazing! One of my favorite things. I know it's a festival favorite but rightly so, I would definitely recommend this one. Next up on the stops was the Ireland Fisherman's pie:

This was another winner. It was super yummy. The only downside was that it was quite filling and rich, especially in the warm weather. And there were still a lot of things at the festival I wanted to try! I stopped in France to watch some of the street entertainment:

In Japan I tried to sushi hand roll. I love sushi and this one was very tasty. It was bigger than I expected, but still a little pricey for what it is.

Over at Singapore I got the Lemongrass chicken curry with coconut and jasmine rice :

This was disappointing. The flavors were nice, but I felt like I got a really small portion and there was almost no chicken in mine. Definitely a bummer. While I ate that I also enjoyed a beer from Germany, the Altenmünster Oktoberfest :

Traveling around the World Showcase!

It was sad to see that Norway was already under construction, with the Maelstrom sign gone:

I was interested in trying the Key Lime wine from the Farm Fresh booth:

This was... bad. I'm not super picky, and I like sweet wines, but this was like sickly sweet. I couldn't even finish this, and for me to throw out alochol - that's a big deal! But luckily I finished Food and Wine on a high note:

This dessert trio from the Dessert and Champagne booth was amazing! It had a blueberry cheesecake roll that was full of flavor, a yummy passion fruit creamsicle, and a chocolate espresso cake. It was all amazing! At that point my tummy was stuffed, and dessert seemed like a good time to stop eating anyway, so I tried to do a couple of rides before I had to leave. I got on Nemo:

And managed to have time for Test Track since I could do the single rider line!

Goodbye Epcot!

Sadly, then it was off to the airport to head back to real life. It had been a great trip though!

You certainly got quite a bit of Food and Wine in there for departure day. Well done!

I look at Norway now, and if you didn't know better, you'd think it always looked that way without Maelstrom. But it still makes me so sad.

You certainly got quite a bit of Food and Wine in there for departure day. Well done!

I look at Norway now, and if you didn't know better, you'd think it always looked that way without Maelstrom. But it still makes me so sad.

I know, it's really quite sad! Even the next day there was almost no trace of it, as if Maelstrom had never existed :( Crazy how fast it felt like it disappeared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter