Could we have fit any more into one weekend?? An Oct. 2014 TR update 4/5/15

Your salad looks good -- something different, you know?

Sounds like a fun afternoon overall! We're looking forward to seeing the FoF parade in January, and aren't usually parade people either. :goodvibes

Columbia Harbour House is a wonderful choice for lunch. Love that place.

I wonder if the PP photogs set up at HM only when there's a party that night. I don't recall seeing one during a normal day either.

Yup. I don't know that I've heard anybody completely rave about Mine Train, but most do seem to enjoy it for what it is.

Wow, I'm really impressed by what appears to be a pretty good parade spot given the time line. I'm not a parade person either, but this is going to be on my list each trip I think. I really like it.

I'm thinking that the party is probably why the PP photographer was there - I'm surprise they were out that early though!

I just read through your TR and saw you basically had the same impression about Mine Train. I guess every ride can't be an incredible, mind blowing experience.

I got lucky! A lot of people were sitting down in front of us, so I was able to stand even three people back and have a pretty clear shot. Lots of respectful people for once trying not to block each others' views :)

Your salad looks good -- something different, you know?

Sounds like a fun afternoon overall! We're looking forward to seeing the FoF parade in January, and aren't usually parade people either. :goodvibes

Yes! I would love more different options at the counter service locations, other than the typical burgers and chicken nuggets.

I hope you enjoy the FoF parade! It's really visually stunning!

That's so awesome that your shirt design got picked!! I would have stood there all day and whenever someone looked at it I would have jumped in like "yeah that's right, I'm responsible for that!!" So cool!!

Looks like a good afternoon in MK. I'm going in just over 3 weeks, and I'm looking forward to seeing FOF for the first time. DH and I are not usually daytime parade people either, but I've heard such good things about this one that we're definitely making an exception!

Hi Becky! I promise I will get caught up on your reports, but for now, Willow and I wanted to wish you ...

It appears I joined in a while ago but forgot to subscribe. Fail!

How fabulous about the shirt! I hope they sent you a free one for coming up with the slogan (a great one, by the way!). :goodvibes

I need to try that Citrus Swirl during my next trip. I wasn't overly impressed with the Dole Whip, but I'm a huge orange fan.

I've heard such fabulous things about the Festival of Fantasy parade! I've never stopped to watch the 3:00 parade at MK, but I have a feeling that may change on my next trip. ;)

Great Update and pics.

Thanks!

That's so awesome that your shirt design got picked!! I would have stood there all day and whenever someone looked at it I would have jumped in like "yeah that's right, I'm responsible for that!!" So cool!!

Looks like a good afternoon in MK. I'm going in just over 3 weeks, and I'm looking forward to seeing FOF for the first time. DH and I are not usually daytime parade people either, but I've heard such good things about this one that we're definitely making an exception!

Haha I share it on facebook every so often so my running friends can check it out!

I hope you love FOF! It's so colorful and fun :)

Hi Becky! I promise I will get caught up on your reports, but for now, Willow and I wanted to wish you ...

Thank you! I hope the two of you had a wonderful New Year and a great start to 2015! pixiedust:

It appears I joined in a while ago but forgot to subscribe. Fail!

How fabulous about the shirt! I hope they sent you a free one for coming up with the slogan (a great one, by the way!). :goodvibes

I need to try that Citrus Swirl during my next trip. I wasn't overly impressed with the Dole Whip, but I'm a huge orange fan.

I've heard such fabulous things about the Festival of Fantasy parade! I've never stopped to watch the 3:00 parade at MK, but I have a feeling that may change on my next trip. ;)

Haha no worries, I have trouble keeping up with everything too!

They did in fact send me a free shirt. I love it :)

Definitely try the citrus swirl. I'm much more of an orange fan than pineapple, so you may like it more.

This is the first time in a long time that I can remember actually stopping to watch the parade instead of taking advantage of that time to get on the rides!

Hope everyone had a great New Year! Now that the holiday crazies are over, I'll be back to updating! And guess what - I found my travel journal!! Turns out it was in the basement. I'm not quite sure how it got down there, but at least I found it!

Dinner as a Princess!

After the parade we headed back to the Grand Floridian to change into our Halloween costumes! We had dinner reservations as a large group at 1900 Park Fare and were going dressed up, then getting on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I got into my costume - I was Belle, of course. :goodvibes My other roommates were Piglet, Minnie, Ursula, and Snow White.

Belle selfie!

Here's the whole costume. I got the dress off of ebay and then made some modifications to it to make it more Belle-like and added accessories!

On our way down to the lobby we met another one of our group and her husband, who had the most adorable Chip and Dale costumes! Dinner was girls only, so he was off to MK on his own for a bit until we all joined up later. We waited for the rest of the girls and got some photos together while we waited for our dinner reservation.

When everyone arrived we checked into 1900 Park Fare! They did our pic outside of the restaurant, and it was so much fun having that big of a group all in costume. When they seated us we had two separate tables, but they were right next to each other so it was all good. We had our own little corner of the place.

I had been to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, but never for dinner. I thought the buffet actually had some pretty good food, and it was better than I was expecting. There was a really nice variety of dishes, including some sushi and a good pasta dish.

I also had some strawberry soup but forgot to take a picture of it until I was done!

For desserts they had a ton of cute little mini pastries and such. I was pretty full by this point but still managed to try some of them:

And then of course there were the characters! Dinner at 1900 has Cinderella and her family, and the first to greet us was Prince Charming. We had pretty blown away by such a group of pretty young ladies, many of whom were dressed as princesses.

Then Cinderella herself came out, lovely as always:

Followed by the two stepsisters and the stepmother, all of whom were pretty hilarious! One of the stepsisters smiled for her pics with us, but the other refused to smile at all.

All in all I think 1900 Park Fare is a really nice character meal. The character interactions we've had there have been good, and I find the food at both breakfast and dinner better than a lot of the other buffets.

Then we hopped on the monorail to get to the Halloween party! Our table finished a little earlier than the other, so we went into MK to wait for them.

We got there right at 7 and decided we would wait for the others to arrive so we could get one big group picture, and then go off in smaller groups since there were so many of us (and a lot of the husbands were joining up too for the party). So we waited by a trash can right outside of the fire station. And waited. And waited. 20 minutes passed and still not everyone was there. I was all for just leaving and going off to do something, but my friend begged me to stay so everyone could be in the picture.

I stayed, but let me tell you I was not happy. It took an HOUR before we got that darn picture. I understand that pictures are nice, but actually doing things is better!! And some of the group were locals, had done the party tons of times so it was all the same to them. This was my very first time at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. And honestly, I'm still a little annoyed that I spent the first hour of it standing by a trash can.

But here's the fabled picture that took so long to get. It's kinda dark and there's so many of us that you can hardly see everyone, lol:

Luckily it did get better after that, but I'll continue the rest of the party in another post!

Hi Becky!

Yikes - sorry - I fell very behind here. I’m all caught up now and hope to stay better caught up in the future. I am loving your TR, and just have to note how beautiful the GF villa looks - first time I’ve seen pictures inside, I think.

Oh, and I’m really excited you decided to combine your DR and TR this time - I can keep up better with one than two! :laughing:

And I totally love your Belle costume!!! You let great!

You guys look great in your costumes!! And it looks like you had a delicious meal with fun character interactions -- the step-sisters seem to always be in perfect character! :thumbsup2

YAY you found your journal. It's a Christmas miracle.

Wow Becky, that costume looks fantastic! And wow, you ALL look fantastic! That is how you do MNSSHP.

Aww I love the Tremaines. Nothing but hilarity.

Oh Becky I totally get the frustration having to wait so long and waste so much party time. Some people don't get to go every night. I had a similar situation though the reason for it was much different.

Hi Becky!

Yikes - sorry - I fell very behind here. I’m all caught up now and hope to stay better caught up in the future. I am loving your TR, and just have to note how beautiful the GF villa looks - first time I’ve seen pictures inside, I think.

Oh, and I’m really excited you decided to combine your DR and TR this time - I can keep up better with one than two! :laughing:

And I totally love your Belle costume!!! You let great!

No worries - I'm behind on pretty much every TR! :rotfl:

Yes, it seemed to make more sense to combine the DR and TR this time - with all of the Food and Wine booths scattered throughout the day, it was harder to organize into two separate things. Plus, it's easier for me to update too!

Thank you!

You guys look great in your costumes!! And it looks like you had a delicious meal with fun character interactions -- the step-sisters seem to always be in perfect character! :thumbsup2

Thank you! It was my first time meeting the stepsisters, but I had heard that they were good and they didn't disappoint!

YAY you found your journal. It's a Christmas miracle.

Wow Becky, that costume looks fantastic! And wow, you ALL look fantastic! That is how you do MNSSHP.

Aww I love the Tremaines. Nothing but hilarity.

Oh Becky I totally get the frustration having to wait so long and waste so much party time. Some people don't get to go every night. I had a similar situation though the reason for it was much different.

Thank you!! Costumes are so fun! And the Tremaines are great, I would definitely go back to 1900 Park Fare for dinner to meet them again.

I'm sorry you had a similar situation. Disney trips are so special, not to mention expensive, that when something goes wrong or you lose vacation time it definitely feels worse than it would in another place!

I can very much sympathize with losing your trip journal! I thought I did the same but recently found it. So much easier!

It looks like a fantastic trip so far. The GF villa is gorgeous!

And I'm pretty sure I've found my new slogan for the race I hope to do in November. I adore the Dole Whip shirt!

I can very much sympathize with losing your trip journal! I thought I did the same but recently found it. So much easier!

It looks like a fantastic trip so far. The GF villa is gorgeous!

And I'm pretty sure I've found my new slogan for the race I hope to do in November. I adore the Dole Whip shirt!

Glad I'm not the only one to misplace a journal! :rotfl:

The GF villas were so amazing - I felt so fancy!

I'm glad you like the slogan :) It's a great motivation to run, right?

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

After the big group picture, a smaller group of us (about 8) went off to do our own thing. We were mainly in search of characters, but open to whatever we might pass along the way! My big goal was to meet Gaston - I'd heard he was fun and since I was dressed as Belle it seemed like a great photo op!

The first character we passed was the Hag from Snow White, so we stopped. Even though she didn't talk, she was super creepy! She took a very special liking to my friend dressed as Snow White, and was just creeping around, holding onto her hand, and holding out her basket of apples.

We then made our way to Gaston's Tavern to see if he might be out. Unfortunately he wasn't, but a CM in the area said they thought he would be back in 45. So in the meantime we jumped onto Under the Sea with Ariel. That worked out well for me, because if you remember I had tried to go on it that afternoon but it broke down before I got a chance to ride! Funny enough, it actually broke down for a little bit while we were on it. Not for very long, but for about five minutes we were stuck in this scene:

We still had a little bit of time before Gaston, so we met Minnie in her Halloween outfit, which was very cute!

And then it was time to meet Gaston! The CM must have been a little off in the time he was coming out, because we got there earlier than they said and he was already out meeting people - plus they were just about ready to close off the line! Our group was actually the last ones let in. Phew! When we actually got up to Gaston, he was very funny! We got some fun photos. He talked a lot, telling us that as much as he liked Belle he would've been more impressed if I'd dressed up as him instead. And that he wanted to marry himself but they wouldn't let him do that, so he went after Belle instead.

After that I stopped off at Gaston's Tavern to grab the Ghost cupcake that I had seen on the Disney Food Blog. I love Disney Cupcakes, but I was pretty disappointed by this one. It was just a chocolate cupcake with waaaay too much vanilla icing. Plus, it started to rain right after I got it and it was getting wet so I tried to eat it too quickly.

We hid out from the rain for a little bit, hoping it would let up. We were planning to go get a spot for HalloWishes but didn't know if it would get cancelled or not. Luckily the rain lightened up to almost nothing and we got a nice spot on Main Street. Even though it was drizzling slightly, I really enjoyed these fireworks! They were fun with a big Halloween theme.

We talked about going on the Haunted Mansion and headed back there, but then saw that the new Momento Mori gift shop was open! At this point it hadn't officially opened, it was only in soft opening, so none of us had seen it yet. They had a lot of cool stuff, even though I'm not a huge Haunted Mansion fan - the fact that they're doing so much unique merchandise themed around a ride is really great. I did end up buying a sign that said "Welcome Foolish Mortals," which I thought would make a good Halloween decoration. Here's a look at some of the merchandise, if you haven't gotten the chance to visit yet:

Once we were done there we went to grab seats in Frontierland for the parade. We ran into another friend and her husband on the way there, but only one girl and I heard her calling out as the rest of the group rushed off, so it ended up being the four of us for the parade. I was fine with that - they had a good spot already staked out! The parade was fun and I definitely enjoyed it, though not quite as much Festival of Fantasy that afternoon.

After the parade it was almost 11 o'clock, my feet were hurting, and I was very aware of the fact that I had to run 10 miles the next day! The others wanted to stick around at the party a little while longer, so I made my way out - but stopped to take a picture with Tiana, one of my favorite princesses with almost no line!

And then one last picture as I bid the Magic Kingdom goodnight:

Hi Becky! I have been following along and really enjoying your report! MNSSHP is one of my favorite Disney events, and I went dressed as Belle too (in the blue dress though) and got to meet Gaston - it was one of my favorite character interactions to date. I also loved seeing the pics of VGF...they look amazing! Looking forward to reading more and also checking out your blog :wave2:

Looks like a fun night!! And EEK the Hag does look creepy. Glad you got to Gaston just in time!

That first picture with the Hag honestly looks like it could be an advertisement for MNSSHP. I saw her at my party too, but as part of the Villains dance thing. That's pretty cool to see her out and about.

That's the same Gaston I saw in September, and my God, what a hoot. I watched pretty much the whole set it was that funny.

Oh I love Boo To You parade. It's still my favourite, but I will admit that FoF is pretty close for me.

Hi Becky,

Yikes! The hag sounds so creepy!!! I love it! The Gaston meet sounds awesome. I am really looking forward to finally meeting him this summer.

Love the Hallowishes pictures - I love that show so much! And isn’t the Boo to You Parade great???

Hi Becky! I have been following along and really enjoying your report! MNSSHP is one of my favorite Disney events, and I went dressed as Belle too (in the blue dress though) and got to meet Gaston - it was one of my favorite character interactions to date. I also loved seeing the pics of VGF...they look amazing! Looking forward to reading more and also checking out your blog :wave2:

Oh that's so cool! I would love to do Belle's blue dress someday too :)

Looks like a fun night!! And EEK the Hag does look creepy. Glad you got to Gaston just in time!

Right? MNSSHP is a great time to meet the villains!

That first picture with the Hag honestly looks like it could be an advertisement for MNSSHP. I saw her at my party too, but as part of the Villains dance thing. That's pretty cool to see her out and about.

That's the same Gaston I saw in September, and my God, what a hoot. I watched pretty much the whole set it was that funny.

Oh I love Boo To You parade. It's still my favourite, but I will admit that FoF is pretty close for me.

I know, I thought the Photopass photographers got some really cool shots this time, especially that one!

I could definitely just watch Gaston interact with people for awhile. It's too funny!

I'd like to watch Boo to You again sometime when my feet aren't quite so sore and it isn't raining off and on!

Hi Becky,

Yikes! The hag sounds so creepy!!! I love it! The Gaston meet sounds awesome. I am really looking forward to finally meeting him this summer.

Love the Hallowishes pictures - I love that show so much! And isn’t the Boo to You Parade great???

There were some really fun meets at MNSSHP! You should definitely make it a priority to try and meet Gaston :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter