Could we have fit any more into one weekend?? An Oct. 2014 TR update 4/5/15

librarygeek

DIS Veteran
Hello my friends! Welcome to my TR from my October trip! This was a "DisBrides" meet up, meaning that a number of girls who got married or honeymooned in Disney all met on these boards or facebook, became friends, and decided to travel together! It's a great little community and we had a ton of fun! Here are some of the highlights from what we did on this trip - it was busy!!

* Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
* Tower of Terror 10 miler
* Villains Bash
* Food and Wine
* Visiting all 4 of the parks
* Spending time at the new Villas at the Grand Floridian
* Scavenger Hunt

Some people in the group did even more than that, but I could only handle so much, especially with the race!

Table of Contents
On my Way to Disney!
Downtown Disney and Epcot
10 miler expo
Solo MK Afternoon
Dinner as a Princess!
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Magic Kingdom Scavenger Hunt
Tower of Terror 10 miler
The worst way to start a day
Food and Wine time
A short trip to Animal Kingdom
One last trip to Food and Wine

About Me

Hi! My name is Becky, I’m 26 years old, and I’ve been married to DH for 3 years – but he didn’t come along on this trip! I’ve been a part of the DisBrides community for almost 4 years, when I was planning my Disney themed wedding in NY and my honeymoon down in WDW! A little bit more about me – I’m a children’s librarian, and for fun I write for my Disney blog (www.disneyinyourday.com), and I do theater. I’m currently writing this backstage during one of our breaks from opening night performance of Sweeney Todd!

There will be lots of fun things in this TR! I’m also going to do it as a combined TR/dining review because so much of the food I ate was Food and Wine stuff – I could do it as a separate dining review but I spent so much time just walking around the World Showcase and eating that those parts of my TR would be a little sparse otherwise!

Last edited:
Hi Becky!!! You know I'm in! Can't wait to read about your trip. :goodvibes

Here Becky!! I love that you did a trip like this. It sounds so fun. Plus, I'm quite interested in hearing about the Villains Bash.

Hi Becky!!! You know I'm in! Can't wait to read about your trip. :goodvibes

Yay, so glad to have you here again!

Here Becky!! I love that you did a trip like this. It sounds so fun. Plus, I'm quite interested in hearing about the Villains Bash.

It wouldn't feel like a good TR without having you following! I had a lot of trouble finding out any info on the villains bash before I went, so I'll be sure to share lots of info!

Alright, subbing for this one too :goodvibes

Love that pic of the GF!

Thank you, and welcome along!

Yay!!! I made it before you got to page 8!! Haha.

Love that castle pic!!!

On my Way to Disney!

And so my trip began! DH drove me to the airport, and we left around 7am. He dropped me off and I checked my luggage and headed for security. I had done my nails the night before using the Jamberry nail wraps – it was my first time trying them and they were a little messy but I thought it still came out pretty cute. I had purchased special Disney ones!

Well, as I’m standing in line at security, the family behind me is also on their way to Disney. And as it turned out, the daughter, probably about 12 years old, had the same nails as me! It was very cute and fun way to start the trip.

I also had a lovely Australian TSA agent hitting on me – all in good fun, of course, not in a creepy way. He told me he liked my dress so I said thank you, and then he noticed that I had a wedding ring on, and he was joking with me about how my husband would kill him now. I think TSA agents get a bad rep, but the ones I’ve interacted with have usually been friendly and often quite funny too.

I still had awhile before my plane was due to board, so I grabbed some breakfast at the Earl of Sandwich. I had the breakfast BLT and a hot tea, and I sat down to enjoy them. Eating at Earl always gets me in the mood for a Disney vacation!

I waited for my flight, and was very happy when we boarded on time. However, we didn’t take off on time. In fact, we sat on the runway over an hour. I was getting nervous, because I knew that I didn’t have a ton of time before the reservation for tea at the Grand that my friends had made, and if I wanted to be there I couldn’t afford for the plane to be super delayed. It would all depend on how quickly the Magical Express left the airport, so my fingers were crossed.

The flight itself was uneventful, and we actually made really good time in the air and landed about half an hour after we were originally scheduled to land. I headed straight for the Magical Express, since my bags would be sent on automatically (I love that perk!). A bus was already waiting for me, and I was one of the last ones on it – which meant that we left not long after I boarded! Things were looking good! We were crossing into Disney World in no time!

The bus driver announced that the Grand would be the second stop, and we were stopping at Wilderness Lodge first. We pulled into WL around 2:20, and the tea reservation was at 2:30. I should make it just in time! And I was so excited to be staying at the Grand.

As I got off the bus some CMs came to greet me, and I explained that I was meeting up with friends shortly – only to see my friends walking right toward me! I happily met up with them and we ran up to the room where we were staying so I could get a look at it and drop my backpack off before tea. We were at the new DVC villas, and they were honestly incredible. We had a 1 bedroom. And there was a surprise waiting for us – one of the friends that I was staying with had just been to China, and she got us all robes! They were gorgeous!

I took a couple of quick pictures of this incredible room before it could get too messed up and then we ran down to afternoon tea.

Tea was really nice, and it was the first chance I really had to see my friends and talk to them. Some of them I had met before, and some of them were online friends that I was meeting in person for the first time. There were about 8 of us and it was just a delightful way to start the trip! I also thoroughly enjoyed the food, and the tea I got this time.

My beautiful strawberries and cream:

After tea we headed back to the room while my friends changed, and I took some more pictures. I really couldn’t get enough of this room. We had a beautiful view out our balcony of the GF and the monorail.

When we decided sleeping arrangements, I ended up with the pull out bed. It was cute, and a lot comfier than it looks!

After unpacking a bit we decided to head off to Downtown Disney!

I'm glad you made it on time! As if flying isn't boring enough, having to sit an extra hour on a plane would make it even worse. Tea looks so nice, I should see if my sister would want to do that when we're down there. Also, that room is amazing and I love the robes your friend brought back!

I do like all the nail painting I've seen and I really like yours. I may have to try this some day, lol.

I agree about TSA agents and airport security in general. I imagine some get a bad rap where it`s justified, but I bet most that do it`s at the end of a long shift.

Ugh, honestly I`d rather be delayed in the airport than sitting on the plane. That`s the worst. Sitting there for an hour would be rough.

Wow how cool to arrive to your friends right there. Good timing actually.

That`s some luxurious living right there. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you made it on time! As if flying isn't boring enough, having to sit an extra hour on a plane would make it even worse. Tea looks so nice, I should see if my sister would want to do that when we're down there. Also, that room is amazing and I love the robes your friend brought back!

Yeah, sitting on the plane for an extra hour, especially when you have no idea when you'll actually take off, is torture!

I definitely recommend tea - it's really delicious and relaxing :goodvibes

I do like all the nail painting I've seen and I really like yours. I may have to try this some day, lol.

I agree about TSA agents and airport security in general. I imagine some get a bad rap where it`s justified, but I bet most that do it`s at the end of a long shift.

Ugh, honestly I`d rather be delayed in the airport than sitting on the plane. That`s the worst. Sitting there for an hour would be rough.

Wow how cool to arrive to your friends right there. Good timing actually.

That`s some luxurious living right there. :thumbsup2

I know, sitting on the airplane just waiting is the worst. Especially since you're supposed to have your phones and laptops away at that point. I knew it was going to be awhile after about 20 minutes when the flight attendant told us we could take out our phones again and she would let us know when we had to turn them back to airplane mode.

I'm here too!! I'm here too!! I'm so excited to see a meetup TR. Hopefully we'll both be at the next one - it would be lovely to actually meet you!

I still can't get over your villa at the Grand. Stunning in every single photo!

This trip sounds like so much fun--I just talked with a friend today about planning a trip for us & our daughters to take together! I'm excited to read more about your girls' trip to WDW!

I'm here too!! I'm here too!! I'm so excited to see a meetup TR. Hopefully we'll both be at the next one - it would be lovely to actually meet you!

I still can't get over your villa at the Grand. Stunning in every single photo!

Yay, you're here! I would really love to meet you, especially at a meet up - although with a trip to DLR being planned, I don't know that I'll be able to do 2015!

This trip sounds like so much fun--I just talked with a friend today about planning a trip for us & our daughters to take together! I'm excited to read more about your girls' trip to WDW!

That sounds awesome! Disney is a great place for girl time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter