Couch to 5k

I did w5d2 this morning. 8 minutes was not as bad as I thought. I think having some music to run to really helped. I finally got SH to put some tunes on my phone the other night. Saturday I will do w5d3. Bring on the 20 minute run! Saturday I will be doing my first 5k, although I don't expect to run the whole thing. I need to have something hanging over my head so I wouldn't fall off the band wagon. I'm hoping to find another 5K sometime around the end of July. By then I will have finished C25K.

Great job on the 8 minutes! I'm still on Week 1. I know we'd all love to hear how it goes on Saturday! We'll be pulling for you!!!

C25K W1D1 - Done! :) I am loving how the iPhone app beeps when it is time to switch so I don't have to watch the clock the whole time. :)

Way to go on finishing W1D1!!! :woohoo: It feels good doesn't it?

Great job on the 8 minutes! I'm still on Week 1. I know we'd all love to hear how it goes on Saturday! We'll be pulling for you!!!

Thanks for the encouragement and support! I'm more nervous that I won't wake up in time or that I won't sleep at all. I'll give a full report when I'm done. Hang in there all you new comers. It does get easy. When I did w1d1 I could barely make it the 1 minute and I was huffing and puffing. 8 minutes a week ago I thought would be impossible, but if you stick with it, the program works and you'll be able to do it too!

Finally did week 7 day 1. The break for sure had an effect. I ran a bit slower and my whole body hurt but i did it.

My DS and I just started the C25K. We did w1d2 this morning. Our goal is to run the Disney 1/2 marathon in 2013 when he is 14.

Finished w5d3 this morning while running a 5K :banana: Ran most of it. After the 20 minutes I walked about 3 minutes, ran probably 5 min, walked another 1.5 minutes and then ran it in the rest of the way. I finished in 37:23. I'm pretty happy with that. The best part was at the end they had people from Hand and Stone Massage giving chair massages and a guy who was stretching legs.

Finished w5d3 this morning while running a 5K :banana: Ran most of it. After the 20 minutes I walked about 3 minutes, ran probably 5 min, walked another 1.5 minutes and then ran it in the rest of the way. I finished in 37:23. I'm pretty happy with that. The best part was at the end they had people from Hand and Stone Massage giving chair massages and a guy who was stretching legs.

CONGRATS on a great run! :)

That was a great time! :worship:

I finished W8D3 today. One more week to go. I don't have a 5k scheduled yet, but I'm looking for one.

Great weekend wishes to everyone.
:hippie:

I ran my 1st 5K this morning as well. The course had ALOT of hills with two bad ones, so I did end up walking 4 or 5 times for a few minutes. I ended up with 37:24! I couldn't believe your time was so close to mine.:thumbsup2

I ran my 1st 5K this morning as well. The course had ALOT of hills with two bad ones, so I did end up walking 4 or 5 times for a few minutes. I ended up with 37:24! I couldn't believe your time was so close to mine.:thumbsup2

That's so funny! We were a second apart! We'd be good running buddies. Congrats on finishing.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

There really is a great bunch of people here and on the DisMoms in training for the Princess Half! Without all you great ladies, and guys, I think I would have given up after W1D1.

Did anyone else ever feel sick when they first started running? I felt great after my run and then about an hour ago I started feeling nauseous. It is like a cross between motion sickness and food poisoning. Any thoughts?

WOOHOO!!! Way to go!!!

Did anyone else ever feel sick when they first started running? I felt great after my run and then about an hour ago I started feeling nauseous. It is like a cross between motion sickness and food poisoning. Any thoughts?

Sometimes, not sure why but I do.
Are you drinking enough water during the day? When did you eat?

CONGRATS! I am doing w1d2 today also so we can help eachother out!

Sounds great! Trust me when I say that I need all the help/encouragement that I can get when it comes to running.:lmao: I have a love/hate relationship with it ~ there are days that I hate doing it but I love the way I feel when I'm done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter