• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Couch to 5k

Sounds great! Trust me when I say that I need all the help/encouragement that I can get when it comes to running.:lmao: I have a love/hate relationship with it ~ there are days that I hate doing it but I love the way I feel when I'm done.

I feel the EXACT SAME WAY! We can do this!!! :)

Did anyone else ever feel sick when they first started running? I felt great after my run and then about an hour ago I started feeling nauseous. It is like a cross between motion sickness and food poisoning. Any thoughts?

That's happened to me a few times. I'm not sure if it's not being hydrated properly during the day, or if it's something I ate or just a fluke. I wish I had a specific answer so I could counteract it in the future!

Thanks everyone. I am thinking it was dehydration. I feel great today. :)

So glad you are feeling better today!!! I have had the same thing happen to me too. And, I think it was all related to being dehydrated too. I have to stop and MAKE myself drink water during the day...specially if I'm doing a run that evening. Glad you are feeling better!!!:hug:

So glad you are feeling better today!!! I have had the same thing happen to me too. And, I think it was all related to being dehydrated too. I have to stop and MAKE myself drink water during the day...specially if I'm doing a run that evening. Glad you are feeling better!!!:hug:

I am the same way. I am not a big water drinker so I really have to force myself to drink. :)

Trying to motivate myself to head and and do W1D3...

You can do it!!:cheer2: My DS and I just finished it about an hour ago. It was a challenge today since the humidity is pretty high and the air seems heavy. You'll feel great when you are done! :yay:

haven't been able to run. Its already 90 degrees by the time I wake up. So maybe i'll try to get it in late tonight or something.

You can do it!!:cheer2: My DS and I just finished it about an hour ago. It was a challenge today since the humidity is pretty high and the air seems heavy. You'll feel great when you are done! :yay:

Done! :thumbsup2 I have decided that I need to run in the morning. I was so tired by the time I started tonight.

:thumbsup2 Way to go Taryn, gettin' it done! :cheer2: I find running in the morning better too. When I go at night I feel like such a slug.

I wish I could run in the mornings, but I'm not a morning person, and exercise in the morning makes me feel physically ill. (Should make those early am races interesting, right?!) It helps me to run in the evenings sometimes because my job is so stressful. ;)

Done! :thumbsup2 I have decided that I need to run in the morning. I was so tired by the time I started tonight.

WAY TO GO!!!!!

For those that do run in the morning...were yall naturally morning people or is it something that yall had to really work on? I am kind of a morning person, but not early enough for a run...but I am considering it. Any tips on how to make myself get up and get started in the morning? :wizard: A magic wand would be nice!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm not a C25K person, but love the program. :thumbsup2 I am a distance runner (have run every distance race from a 5k up to Goofy this year). I was addressing the morning running issue. I am somewhat of a morning person also, but I started back to college this summer and have to get up at 4:15, 4 days a week in order to go out for a 3ish mile run. No matter how much of a morning person you are, that just sucks! The first week, I was really struggling. I figured out that it's all about hydration. There wasn't enough time in the 15 minutes between waking up and heading out the door for me to get anything to really drink. So, I was getting stomach cramps. I am now making sure I go to bed fully hydrated, which has changed my experience considerably. I don't have any cramping, and don't feel thirsty during the run. I save my long runs for the weekend days, because no matter how much I drink the night before, there's not enough hydration for a 10-12 miler.

Hi everyone. I'm not a C25K person, but love the program. :thumbsup2 I am a distance runner (have run every distance race from a 5k up to Goofy this year). I was addressing the morning running issue. I am somewhat of a morning person also, but I started back to college this summer and have to get up at 4:15, 4 days a week in order to go out for a 3ish mile run. No matter how much of a morning person you are, that just sucks! The first week, I was really struggling. I figured out that it's all about hydration. There wasn't enough time in the 15 minutes between waking up and heading out the door for me to get anything to really drink. So, I was getting stomach cramps. I am now making sure I go to bed fully hydrated, which has changed my experience considerably. I don't have any cramping, and don't feel thirsty during the run. I save my long runs for the weekend days, because no matter how much I drink the night before, there's not enough hydration for a 10-12 miler.

Thanks for the tips Tandy! My first early run is tomorrow so we will see how it goes.

Hello all :)

My friend and I started C25K on Monday, today was w1d2 and we did it with 2 other friends (one is a runner recovering from an injury and the other may not be able to stick with it because running bothers her...digestive system). They try to walk 4 miles every day, so we did our w1d2 as the first part of their distance and just extended our cool down walk by 2 miles. I feel great, so far :) I have had injury issues in the past and always hated running (I was in the Navy for 12+ years, so I couldn't exactly avoid it!), but I'm determined to enjoy it this time around :)

:idea: Wow - I bet that's the main reason I feel so horrible if I try to do morning exercise, and it's something I will definitely have to guard against for those early, early runs. Thanks for the information and the suggestions! You have no doubt saved me a great deal of misery in October and January!

I DID IT! I got up early today and completed C25K - W2D1! My pace was a little slower, but I DID IT!

This totally helped! Thanks again!

Hi everyone! I completed week 2 yesterday and start W3D1 tomorrow! :woohoo:

I always said I wouldn't run, but I needed something to get back in shape. My goal is to lose 10lbs - I'm currently at a weight that I've never seen other than pregnant. Oddly enough, I've gained a couple of pounds since I've started working out and trying to watch what I eat. I know it's not muscle, so I'm hoping it's just water weight. I'm trying not to watch the scale since my BMI is good, and just focus on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. But that's easier said than done, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter