Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

They said this is not currently a refundable cruise. She had us move it to a far out dummy cruise to keep the onboard benefits. Then, we rebooked the original cruise that is now $1,400 cheaper on a VGT rate.
What cruise is this for?
Our current early May cruise is cheaper then what we originally paid. Are you saying we should be able to rebook on the same cheaper at the cheaper rate now? What happens to the excess $ is it obc?

What cruise is this for?
Our current early May cruise is cheaper then what we originally paid. Are you saying we should be able to rebook on the same cheaper at the cheaper rate now? What happens to the excess $ is it obc?

I don’t know. I’d imagine customer service can help with your individual questions.

We are on the same cruise! Hope to see you there - we have 16 yo triplets :) wish we could get an upgrade too!! That would be awesome. Congrats on the upgrade!
Thanks so much!! There are 11 one bedrooms available in concierge on that cruise right now so lots of room for upgrades. I’m sure my son will be hanging out in vibe with your triplets. We typically don’t see our kids anymore on the Disney cruises as they enjoy the clubs so much.

OK, this is probably a silly question. This change to the cancellation policy applies to anyone that books one of the cruises within the stated time frames, correct? So if I book today, this cancellation change applies to me, correct?

Italy will be attempting mass quarantine of certain regions in northern Italy.

Coronavirus: Northern Italy to 'quarantine 16 million people'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51787238

Italy is set to lock down at least 16 million people in the region of Lombardy and in 11 other provinces in the north and east of the country.

The mandatory quarantine will last until early April.

The dramatic escalation in the country's efforts to contain the new deadly coronavirus will close gyms, pools, museums and ski resorts.

The whole northern region of Lombardy, home to 10 million people and Italy's financial centre Milan, will be closed off except to emergency access, and 11 provinces including Venice, Parma and Modena will be affected - a total of 16 million people. ...

END QUOTE

Thanks so much!! There are 11 one bedrooms available in concierge on that cruise right now so lots of room for upgrades. I’m sure my son will be hanging out in vibe with your triplets. We typically don’t see our kids anymore on the Disney cruises as they enjoy the clubs so much.
Too true - we don't see ours much anymore on the cruise either! Here's hoping for upgrades :)

I have to ask.. where are you getting these numbers? The number of people who has tested positive, and the number of deaths in the US is widely available. As of right now, those numbers are 376 confirmed positive, with 14 deaths. Which comes out to 3.7%. I agree with you, that this number will likely come down, but as of the hard numbers we have right now, the rate of deaths per positive case is well above 1% in the US.
WHO report which was posted earlier by Lisa F. Sorry, I may have misquoted. I was recalling it being less than 1% outside of Wuhan.

Last edited:
Kinda concerned about the current 14 day Wonder repo cruise. That’s a long time on the ship! If ANYTHING goes awry, those of us on the San Diego Baja cruises may be without a ship! We are currently on the 4 night 3/25. Hoping all goes well for the passengers, cast and crew!

Toilet paper? As far as I know diarrhea is not a common symptom.

I think theres been too many Zombie apocalypse movies made over the last 10 years. People are losing it.
It actually is a symptom. Something like 6 in 10 have lower GI symptoms prior to or after showing upper respiratory symptoms. Its also a symptom of SARS and MERS. However, even without the GI distress, virus has been detected in the “samples” of positive patients, as well as the toilets and sinks of isolated Covid patients. Its in the poop. Thats why its transmitting so fast.

people are hoarding TP for government mandated self quarantine, not the ****s. No one wants to go out back and drag their *** across the lawn when they run out and can’t go to the store because it isn’t “their day.”

Smart to do that. I’m before PIF date but already paid in full. I’m not worried about the virus. My biggest concern now is getting the best deal. If I GT rate doesn’t come out before my PIF date I may have to move my cruise and wait and see. I’m also looking at Norwegian. All the great deals out there I feel like I’m really overpaying for this cruise at the current price.
If I hadn’t jumped the gun paying it off I’d do what you did.
Being PIF early shouldn't change their cancellation policy. If you're not yet past the date where cancellation penalties begin, you should be 100% refunded. I would definitely ask first and not assume that just because you paid early, that your penalty dates are different from anyone else on your sailing.

OK, this is probably a silly question. This change to the cancellation policy applies to anyone that books one of the cruises within the stated time frames, correct? So if I book today, this cancellation change applies to me, correct?
yes

Kinda concerned about the current 14 day Wonder repo cruise. That’s a long time on the ship! If ANYTHING goes awry, those of us on the San Diego Baja cruises may be without a ship! We are currently on the 4 night 3/25. Hoping all goes well for the passengers, cast and crew!

It’s a reasonable concern. Doesn’t that cruise also skew older due to length and being during the school year?

Being PIF early shouldn't change their cancellation policy. If you're not yet past the date where cancellation penalties begin, you should be 100% refunded. I would definitely ask first and not assume that just because you paid early, that your penalty dates are different from anyone else on your sailing.
I know my cruise is 100% refundable. The question was about moving your OBB and booking a GT rate. Since I don't have the money to move it and then book a GT rate on the same cruise it's a shame I paid in full. If I hadn't of I could afford to do that. I will have to either cancel and rebook or move the funds over.

It actually is a symptom. Something like 6 in 10 have lower GI symptoms prior to or after showing upper respiratory symptoms. Its also a symptom of SARS and MERS. However, even without the GI distress, virus has been detected in the “samples” of positive patients, as well as the toilets and sinks of isolated Covid patients. Its in the poop. Thats why its transmitting so fast.

people are hoarding TP for government mandated self quarantine, not the ****s. No one wants to go out back and drag their *** across the lawn when they run out and can’t go to the store because it isn’t “their day.”
How much TP do you use in 2 weeks? We're a family of four and a 40 roll package would last us a month. Whatever to each their own. At least you know it's something you'll get around to using eventually.

How much TP do you use in 2 weeks? We're a family of four and a 40 roll package would last us a month. Whatever to each their own. At least you know it's something you'll get around to using eventually.
We’re a family of 6 and I can tell you that how ever many we go through, it’s too much. Just wait until I lock it down and doll it out. Nobody needs extra TP until they NEED extra TP.

if we get to the point where we do large scale quarantines, it won’t be just 2 weeks.

But I agree with you, in that it will at least be used. In fact, everything extra I have stocked up on is stuff I currently use. I’m just using a first in first out inventory approach for now. Of course, TP has no expiration date.

I know my cruise is 100% refundable. The question was about moving your OBB and booking a GT rate. Since I don't have the money to move it and then book a GT rate on the same cruise it's a shame I paid in full. If I hadn't of I could afford to do that. I will have to either cancel and rebook or move the funds over.
You don't need to cancel the OBB res to take funds from it. You could move it to some 2021 date, one with a very low deposit requirement for 2 guests, and move the remaining funds to pay for a _GT cruise. As long as you still keep the OBB confirmation #, the perks stay with it. Just be sure to use it by the 2 yr deadline.

My TA moves funds from one cruise of ours to another as needed and has done it several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter