• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convincing you partner that he NEEDS another trip...

Cannot agree more with Karen! It's very difficult with children, I found going with one a lot easier than two but still, you have to plan everything according their schedule unless you hire babysitters (which we don't do). Don't get me wrong, I love my little girls but sometimes you need a little break...

Enjoy the time you've got to yourselves and all your holidays. :)

agree with u ema!! i love my boys, but sometimes, a lil break would be nice..... then again, ive hardly ever left them since they were born, 1st time i left ds2 was when i went into hosp in feb - he was just over 2 at that point!!

mind u - they work to ur advantage for dlrp holidays..... i use the 'just think how much the boys will love it' angle, and then of course i get ds1 on side too to work at dh...... kids, they do have their uses :lmao: :lmao:

scampbunny -

I know what you mean ... I don't know the meaning of a break. My DHs job has taken him away since March 07. He came home to visit in April, but the kids still know that Mama is the one who has been doing everything for them. He is due to come home for good this weekend ... but, I still don't expect to get much of a break - LOL!

I know already that he will have to be away next year for my b-day (7 Dec.) So, I'm going to give it a go - trip to DLRP with just me and the kids! :cool1:

mind u - they work to ur advantage for dlrp holidays..... i use the 'just think how much the boys will love it' angle, and then of course i get ds1 on side too to work at dh...... kids, they do have their uses :lmao: :lmao:

Yes Yes YES!!!

I aways say how much Mia and Anya enjoyed DLRP etc etc and there we go...book another trip 'for the girls' :lmao:

We also have no family in this country. All of mine is back home in Macedonia and MIL lives in Geneva so not much help here... DH works interesting hours, he tries really hard to come home and see the girls before they go to bed, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Luckily he doesn't travel as much as other people do but it's very long hours, he leaves home in plenty of time for work etc etc. And I'm there all the time!!! No wonder why the only word they say is 'MAMA' :rotfl2:

I'm a bit unfair about Robert sometimes- He's far from mean with a lot of things... But with things that are important he doesn't want the money for that, he wants it for computer games! So he's only a tightwad at certain times!!! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxox

This will sound really bad but when my bf buys computer games and other techie stuff - i get a a prezzie or two aswell.That way i'm not bothered about how much money he has spent or the amount of hours he spents playing about with it :rotfl:
I wouldnt say my bf is tight either -I mean he is already saving for our future trips, I think he just likes to reassure himself that he can say no sometimes :rotfl:

I know he REALLY wants to go, just he had his heart set on CC and its SO much extra than a regular room at the DLH that I don't see the point for quiet season, which is where our wires get crossed, I want DLH but he wants CC....oich.

I know what you mean, we looked at CC and thought yeah that would be wonderful but however much we looked at the prices we couldnt justify spending that amount of money.

This will sound really bad but when my bf buys computer games and other techie stuff - i get a a prezzie or two aswell.That way i'm not bothered about how much money he has spent or the amount of hours he spents playing about with it :rotfl:
I wouldnt say my bf is tight either -I mean he is already saving for our future trips, I think he just likes to reassure himself that he can say no sometimes :rotfl:

Lol- The amount of times I get something because he is suffering guilt for spending too much on something is unreal. I have to admit though- He paid for our whole DLRP trip in April as my anniversary present (!) So I got him a Wii. It doesn't come close really, does it???

Bob xoxoxox

Aww I'm sure he loved it just as much tho, I've never been brought a holiday tho loool thats impressive.
I would loved it if my bf booked a surprise hol for us, but as i tend to do the holiday planning i doubt it will happen.

Lol- The amount of times I get something because he is suffering guilt for spending too much on something is unreal. I have to admit though- He paid for our whole DLRP trip in April as my anniversary present (!) So I got him a Wii. It doesn't come close really, does it???

Bob xoxoxox

Haha, yeah, they are good boys really. :)

Jack loves his Wii, but I think even for him DLRP is better. You wouldn't think it at the moment the amount he's playing smash bros though!

I don't think he'd give up his 360 for a holiday though!

Haha, yeah, they are good boys really. :)

Jack loves his Wii, but I think even for him DLRP is better. You wouldn't think it at the moment the amount he's playing smash bros though!

I don't think he'd give up his 360 for a holiday though!

Robert is DESPERATE for Super Smash Brothers. His brother (Josh) has got it though. Robert only wants it so he can play as Solid Snake though...... :rolleyes1 Might buy him it on Saturday as a secret treat!! (Might is the operative word there mind you!!)

Bob xoxoxox

Robert is DESPERATE for Super Smash Brothers. His brother (Josh) has got it though. Robert only wants it so he can play as Solid Snake though...... :rolleyes1 Might buy him it on Saturday as a secret treat!! (Might is the operative word there mind you!!)

Bob xoxoxox

Jack always plays as the little metal guy from Kirby. Rubbish looking game in my opinion, but he loves it. I REALLY want Animal Crossing Wii to come out though....was proper addicted to the DS one!

Aww I'm sure he loved it just as much tho, I've never been brought a holiday tho loool thats impressive.
I would loved it if my bf booked a surprise hol for us, but as i tend to do the holiday planning i doubt it will happen.

I don't think Jack would get me a surprise trip purely because I'd freak if I hadn't been able to choose hotel and make necessary plans and stuff. I suppose he could do DLRP though as its pretty simple, Pink Hotel, Walts and Cafe Mickey. :)

Bearing in mind how poor and broke we both are (Student+Civil Servant = Skint!) my jaw hit the ground when he told me what my present was!! And now we're going back!

Bless him though, when we came home he was pining to go back. He kept saying: "I wish we were dancing through Disney Village!" or "I wish we could go to the Rainforest Cafe."..... But the clincher was when we were waiting for a lift in a shop, and he said: "I miss the birdsong when you wait for the lifts at the Sequoia Lodge.....".... We decided we HAD to go back!!! :laughing:

Bob xoxoxox

Jack always plays as the little metal guy from Kirby. Rubbish looking game in my opinion, but he loves it. I REALLY want Animal Crossing Wii to come out though....was proper addicted to the DS one!

I've got it for the DS. Not as addicted anymore.... We should swap friend codes sometime!!

Bob xoxoxox

I don't think Jack would get me a surprise trip purely because I'd freak if I hadn't been able to choose hotel and make necessary plans and stuff. I suppose he could do DLRP though as its pretty simple, Pink Hotel, Walts and Cafe Mickey. :)

Basically a join the dots then??

Bob xoxoxox

Yeah i love the thought of the surprise and the effort of him thinking to do it but i am abit controlling in that, i like to know what i'm doing when etc :rotfl: i like to do the research and get the best deal whereas i'm not sur emy bf would :rotfl: A dlrp trip would be easy tho- as id be happy to stay in any of the disney hotels and its not hard to book the hotel and eurostar and the resturants you can just book while your there depending on when you go hummmm maybe one day :rotfl:

Bearing in mind how poor and broke we both are (Student+Civil Servant = Skint!) my jaw hit the ground when he told me what my present was!! And now we're going back!

Bless him though, when we came home he was pining to go back. He kept saying: "I wish we were dancing through Disney Village!" or "I wish we could go to the Rainforest Cafe."..... But the clincher was when we were waiting for a lift in a shop, and he said: "I miss the birdsong when you wait for the lifts at the Sequoia Lodge.....".... We decided we HAD to go back!!! :laughing:

Bob xoxoxox

Aww lool i love it when my bf gets excited about disney - its sweet, he was soo excited when we got there last time - we were walking past the lake and he just had the biggest grin on his face :goodvibes, its a shame his excitment wears off once we've been home a while but mine doesnt, ohh i wanna go to dlp now :sad1:

Aww lool i love it when my bf gets excited about disney - its sweet, he was soo excited when we got there last time - we were walking past the lake and he just had the biggest grin on his face :goodvibes, its a shame his excitment wears off once we've been home a while but mine doesnt, ohh i wanna go to dlp now :sad1:

Yeah, Jack was SO exctied when we were there it was the sweetest. Like taking a kid I imagine! His excitement has worn off too now though. And I don;t think mine ever could!

Although yesterday he said he prefers DL to Vegas, which is a decision I don't think I could ever make. His argument is nothing is ever wrong or bad a Disney, but in Vegas there are some dodgy hotels and funny smells....lol.

Well, Robert made me look at some deals for Disney, saying that we might could save up and go later in the year. This way, he learned where I wanted to stay and everything!! :goodvibes He also listened to all the things I wanted to do, and then we did them when we got there!

Bob xoxoxox

Aww lol its nice when they show they actually listened,sometimes I'm chating away and I'm sure my bf has just switched off lool Altho sometimes is works to my advantage as he agrees to things that he cant back out of because he would have to admit he wasnt listening loooool

Dude this is so off topic but I seriously need to get Super Smah Bros, that game is awesome. Unfortunatly I spent this months video games allowance on a Wii Fit

:thumbsup2

Dude this is so off topic but I seriously need to get Super Smah Bros, that game is awesome. Unfortunatly I spent this months video games allowance on a Wii Fit

Games Allowance? Robert should have that!! Lol!!! :lmao: The main thing he's bought recently is a load of Metal Gear action figures....

It's a shame he doesn't have a PS3 to play Metal Gear Solid 4 on....!!

Bob xoxoxox

Is Wii fit good? Considering I already pay over £100/month for gym and powerplate sessions...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter